Reviews for Dawning Comprehension
Lilybud chapter 1 . 3/16
"William." Ha, great banter. Wow, this was a really powerful story! I loved how it was structured in vignettes, and the succinct style went perfectly with it. The dialogue was realistic, the writing neat, and the writing fleshed out. It wasn't just about the dog, but about the "Hound", the distinction between comprehension and understanding, how Sherlock learned marital arts, his relationship with Mycroft, his parents' relationship, his loneliness, his childhood and plenty of other nuances so it felt like a full, wonderfully thought out story that blends in seamlessly with the show! Thank you for writing it!
Only a shadow chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Hey there! This was beautiful and heartbreaking. And poignant. I love to read into things that dig deeper in Sherlock and Redbeard's relationship. And of course I love reading about Sherlock (and Mickey!) as kids. This portrayed them realistically: how Mycroft thought of Sherlock as a child in the show (though he seemed a little harsh. But then again, it is Mycroft.). Very in character. Very good. Keep writing and keep up the great work.
doctorjay chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Sad, sad, wonderful story.
keepcalmsmile chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
So, so sweet, and I think this is exactly how it could have gone...
Pippythewriter chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Awwwwwwwwww! :...)
kimi-chan3000 chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Beautiful one shot, I'm on the verge of crying ... Redbeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrdddd ! Why ?! My heart hurts for Sherlock ! Such a sweet child, that's aweful ... There, I'm crying !
Anyway, thanks for sharing, it was really good

NarutoRox chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
This is really lovely, both sad and sweet. :) Young Sherlock and Mycroft are just how I would picture them behaving at that age, and the parents too.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Very well done, and a very nice distinction made between understanding and comprehending. I love stories that do that and this is a great one.
FaroreWorldshaper chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
This is adorably sad. I don't think enough people get the significance of that moment to Sherlock. Thank you for writing this.