Reviews for Perfection Is Hard To Come By
Nene18 chapter 14 . 22h
OMG awesome. I put off reading for as long as I could because I knew I would be dying until the next installment. Can't wait to see what you have for us readers next time. Till then.
JustAAvidReader chapter 14 . 5/13
Hi.

Much like the guest that left a review, I was completely repelled by the rape. I do not condene in any way. andafter i read it I just couldnt keep on reading this fic. By accident, i came upon it again and saw that the chapters were rewritten.

it is a thousand times better than it was before. But. The whole way it turned out, got a bit on my nerve. You see, Sasuke was the onw to initiate the violance. Im not trying to excuse naruto from his actions, but the way itachi and sasuke now are seeing it, the blames lies interelly on naruto. When it was sasuke who initiated the domestic violance. Of course, naruto responded to it, so really can't be excused. But Sasuke trying to make his brother see reason, should have at least tried to explain how it was him who started it, and how he lost balance and hit his head. i do think naruto hould be penalized by using so much force, but you depcting naruto, in sasuke's view, as someone violent doesn't really make justice to the situation. They both are at fault. And since you did change things (thank you for that), maybe you could have made naruto call an ambulance, or at least itachi. sasuke was uncouncious for a long time. if naruto had the mind to call itachi, he would have the mind to call 911 (or the equivalent to where you are from). Or at least itachi, when he got there, should have called for help. it doenst meet with his protective behaviour to wait untill after sasuke wake up to say they should go to the hospital. I think his thinking of accusing naruto matches his persona in this story, but the not calling 911 dont. And judgin by the bloody state you left naruto, one would think sasuke is not as helpless as he can be interpreted in this fic.
The comic relief with sakura and kabuto was good. and i liked the way you put tsunade in it.

but that leaves me to think it would be better explained for them to have gonne to that particular hospital if it was by means of an ambulance. With itachi and shizune being together, one of the logical things would have been itachi calling her to make sure she called the hospital to get them preferential treatment (i know loads of doctors, and some of them are my close friends, and they have called in, even when they weren't on call, to make sure i could get ahead of the line), and just one last bit of suggestion, maybe, is, like, in a hospital, even though there is an line, if the emergency comming in is serious enough (as a bleading head trauma is), they can be put forward, otherwise, the hosítal would be so easily sued.
I wont say somethings i thought sasuke might have done if his so worried about naruto cos he's had a head trauma, so one cannot be expected to think through a lot of stuff when in that situation.

i know it can sound a bit standoffish, (and i know that should i have received the same critique i would go uber sad cos im terrible with feedback), and i'm trully sorry if i hurt your feelings, but receiving a constructive cristicism is always good. One last piece of avice, and i promise it's the last, maybe having someone proofreading the story can help you with some sticky situations. having an outside view given to you can help you see loads of things we as authors cannot see imidiately, and help to cover some things you're not sure about.

but ill put this fic on allert now, cos i wanna see how youll resolve the violance/head trauma conflict.
JuliaT-chan chapter 14 . 5/12
I liked it before better...but I can understand that you changed it. :)
I liked how protective Itachi was about Sasuke, it was more present in the first version of this chapter, well you cant compare rape to that. But its good :)
Gweatherwax chapter 14 . 4/10
Finally, I thought this fic was abandoned, ty for the update! :D And the plot thickens, can't wait to see what happened to Naruto!
gaap237 chapter 14 . 4/6
I love Itachi's role in your story and the way you have portrayed him. I was definitely surprised last chapter, but I am very interested to see where you take this twist. Amazing story! I am super excited about it.
Can you make a. Naruita and maybe narukyuu
PuppetPrince chapter 14 . 4/6
THAT IS HILARIOUS LOL
sova-chan chapter 14 . 4/6
Thank you for the new chapter after sooo long break!
I couldn't believe my eyes to see the up-date of this fic. Please, don't give it up! I still hope to read the happy end of your SasuNaru story :)))
Killua17 chapter 14 . 4/6
Naruto, fix this!
FIX IT NOW!
Naruto raping Sasuke has left a sour taste in my mouth. I understand that the story is trying to paint it as something Naruto didn't intend and wasn't aware that he was doing, but I'm sorry, I'm firmly on Itachi's side that charges should be filed. Naruto committed a crime and the circumstances under which it occurred don't negate the fact that Sasuke was viciously brutalized. Furthermore, intentional or not, the rape invalidates the entire NaruSasu romance for me. No matter how cute they were together before this, it is unthinkable that they should end up together after this.

Sakura was presented as the villain for cheating on Sasuke, as she should have been. However, her intentions in doing so weren't 100% bad, she was just trying a very stupid method to help with their sex life. Now, can you sit here and tell me that rape is a LESSER betrayal than cheating? It is absolutely not. In fact it's WORSE. It would be hypocritical of the fic to excuse Naruto's actions, simply because there were mitigating circumstances on his side, when Sakura also had mitigating circumstances on her side and the fic vilified her. Just because we are partial to Naruto does not mean that he can do anything he wants in this story and all readers will accept it with open arms.

I do not accept the rape. I do not accept rape ever, under any circumstances. Excusing Naruto's actions as grief is ridiculous. The vast majority of your readership has undoubtedly experienced death in some form or another, and with people we felt just as close to as Naruto felt with Jiraiya. Loss is a natural part of life that we all have to deal with. But how many of us have turned into rapists because of it? That's right, pretty much no one. Except Naruto.

The thing is, Naruto has just proven that under bad circumstances he is capable of being unconsciously violent toward Sasuke. The next time other bad circumstances occur in Naruto's life, and they will because that is also another part of life, he will do it again. The line has already been crossed. In fact, it will be even easier to do it a second time because he's already done it once. His guilt over his actions isn't going to stop him. Why? Because he was unconscious when he raped him. And here we have a Catch-22: you made him be unconscious when he did it as a way to excuse his actions, but it is his conscious mind that is capable of feeling bad about what he did. His unconscious mind apparently does whatever it wants, so there's no way Naruto's guilt could fix this. If it could, he never would have done it in the first place.

In short, there's nothing that can be done to fix this, no way for this couple to mend after one has raped the other. If you'd wanted to inject some drama into your fic, I think it would have been better to have Naruto repeat Sakura's mistake and cheat on Sasuke. Maybe he could have been drunk when it happened if the fic wanted to add in enough mitigating circumstances so that Sasuke could reasonably take him back. It would have been a nice parallel to show the strength of the NaruSasu bond and how they could work through the same problem that SasuSaku couldn't. But instead you upped the ante and made Naruto's crime FAR worse than Sakura's. I simply can't support Sasuke returning to his rapist for a second shot at love, so I will have to bid this fic adieu.
Chria chapter 13 . 11/23/2014
I didn't see that comming at all. It was so shocking I kinda have no idea what to think. But wow, you got me. I rarely get shocked. hahaha
Lady Spain chapter 13 . 11/9/2014
Love thiiisssss
emma.l.legros chapter 13 . 11/5/2014
Poor Naruto! Poor Sasuke! When did this become such a angst fanfic!? Still really good though; however there are quiet a few mayor grammar errors you should look into.
Kitty chapter 13 . 9/30/2014
That's just so sad. I totally understand Itachi, Naruto stepped over the line. But at the same time, I want Sasuke to comfort Naruto. I think they need to talk, and quickly.
Anyway thanks for the chapter!