Reviews for Moments Like These
karonkgb chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
Have you caught what Castiel sees when he looks into Dean's soul?
Mythopoeia chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
I was going to quote my favorite bits but then I was basically just copying out the entire story, so never mind that. This entire thing is wonderful. It's so in line with my own ideas about Dean's character, it just feels very true. "They're safe. And you've got time to think. Time to wonder what it would be like to stay, here . . . you look at them and wonder if this is it." So powerful and I read it and was just "YES" because that is entirely S1 Dean to me, this part of him peeking out from behind the 'Let's kill monsters' gusto. "Lessons as careful and complete as a well-poured saltline" is a fantastic metaphor, especially since it's a metaphor about protection. "he dumped Sammy in your arms and you ran through the fire (but not through the pain-you didn't make it out of the pain)" your angst is the best angst. Seriously.
ImpalaLove chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Ugh this was awesome. Sooo in tune with Dean's thoughts whether it be season 1 or 9. I loved this line:

"You're still teaching yourself, inch-by-inch, lessons as careful and complete as a well-poured saltline."

It's such a good analogy for the way Dean goes about everything concerning Sammy- it's all about precision and making sure Sam's safe. You really captured that here and that last line brings it all together perfectly. Really really well done!
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
Wow, this was really poignant and so well written. So in character for Dean, too. Love when he says that his dad taught him everything, except for how to take care of Sammy, which he taught himself. And I liked when you talked about how he ran through the fire, but not through the pain. Really an insightful piece.

One thing: "adrenaline" has an "e" on the end. It's misspelled in here a couple of times. Otherwise, you did great on this. Love the insights into Dean's character.

And man, you are wicked prolific! You've been posting like crazy lately! Keep up the good work!