Reviews for Overcome
gracie789 chapter 3 . 5/13/2014
Wow! I would not have thought you could outdo your previous chapter for the outpouring of despair in Darcy's mind, but I was quite mistaken. The emotion you convey for both Darcy and Elizabeth is remarkable.

I hope you will find time to describe this scene from Elizabeth's POV, but even if you do not, it's a really enjoyable read. Thanks for this.
gracie789 chapter 2 . 5/13/2014
Oh my! I think this is one of the very best renderings of the post Hunsford proposal I've read. Darcy's shame and anguish are palpable.

I thank you for so eloquently outlining his reasons for his breach of decorum. As I said in my previous review, that was my only issue with the story. Your Darcy acquits himself admirably

So good. Thanks for this.
gracie789 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Just lovely! I will confess to being a bit dismayed seeing the ever proper and controlled Mr. Darcy behaving in such a manner, but as your title suggests, perhaps he cannot help himself.

And I loooove Miss Elizabeth's response. So delicious!

Very well done, and even more remarkable for being a second language. Thanks for this. I look forward to reading on.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
Like your story and the English is good. This is nitpicky, but JA's Elizabeth is spelled with a Z, not an S...
Dianne chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
You may be German but your English is written as if you were a native English speaker. Well done.
I'm enjoying your story and shall now look forward to the following chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
I almost teared up there, beautiful :)
Please update soon :)
hongkongphooey63 chapter 3 . 5/12/2014
This is written beautifully.
littlexxflower chapter 3 . 5/12/2014
This is beautiful.
Jane Austen would have been proud.
Please update as soon as possible for I cannot wait to read more.
kmart92 chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
His speech was so emotional! I had to take a few seconds to wipe away my tears, his words were so heartfelt. Update soon!
mel1982 chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
I don't care for the 2005 movie, the rainy proposal particularly. So usually I avoid stories based on it, but for some reason I opened yours. It's wonderful! I love Darcy's thoughts, his care of her, pleading with her to look at him. I find it to be well written and very enjoyable. I'm eager to see the rest of the story. I rushed to your author page and was disappointed that you have no other stories. Loving this first one! Please keep it up :)
Jaimy chapter 3 . 5/11/2014
Are they to be parted for a long time? I hope not. Oh let him turn back or have Elizabeth call him back and let them try to sort out this mess of things.
Demi Mon Daine chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
Ugh, here I am at work reading this and about to cry my poor little eyes out. You're a very talented writer and the depth of emotion that Darcy has expressed has really moved me. I really hope to see Elisabeth chase after him, because... oh, it'd be terribly romantic. Anyways, great story and I hope you continue with it for some time.
Redheaded Wench chapter 2 . 5/10/2014
Excellent job on your first attempt! Excellent! If I were to finally attempt a PPFF, I only hope I'd display such talent in storytelling!

I look forward to more!
Keg chapter 2 . 5/5/2014
Just found your story... this is great! I love the premise and can't wait to see how Elizabeth responds. Will Darcy pursue her to the parsonage or get to writing a really good letter?

Great job with the language. You're getting WAY further in English than I would ever get in German!

Keg
Guest chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
a Good beginning, looking forward to more.
162 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »