Reviews for A Shift In the Wind
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
This story has a pretty bad summary. It isn't really one of those bad "Oh what if the characters were smarter" fanfics that are universally boring.

It's instead a divergence in which Ranma just leaves without giving Akane a parting shot unlike canon. From there Akane gets a shock to her system, and instead of the gradual mellowing out of their relationship, they try and be friends while things are still rough.

Most importantly, there's *conflict* still. Unlike those sorts of fanfics that your summary reminded me of.

Though, there is one characterization flaw. The idea that Ranma wouldn't even help Akane practice by refusing to hit in in sparring isn't supported by canon at all. Ranma does not have some "I don't fight girls" attitude. He *once* says that guys will often go easy on girls, but that's different.
Chris James chapter 6 . 9/14/2014
Really loving this, I love seeing Ranma and Akane meet without the pressure of the engagement. It great to see that good Ranma fics are still being written after all this time.
BobV chapter 6 . 7/3/2014
It's good to see that you're back.
The little interaction between Kasumi and Ranma was nice.
although the end was what happened in the canon, i wonder how this mature Ranma will handle this situation ?
Weird Beard chapter 6 . 7/3/2014
Sorry to hear about the family situation.

This chapter was fairly well written but...

Besides Ranma and Akane keeping their tongues/tempers in check, is their anything changed from canon?
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 6 . 6/29/2014
Cool:)
forbinkun chapter 6 . 6/29/2014
Nice set up, and a very nice pacing of events and scenes. I like the by-play as well, it seems like Akane and is less heavy handed than in many fics. Would like to see where you take this, but am patient. Hope your grandfather recovers fully. Few writers take the curse seriously, we are too complacent in our bodies until injured or impaired to understand how much little things matter. In your writing, Ranma is still brash and I'll spoken, but lacks the hard edge he seemed to have in the original. Part of that could be cultural as well, although the projected image in itself overplayed in personal interaction- that are kept private.
Bobbwa chapter 6 . 6/28/2014
I just started this story yesterday and was so happy to see an update today! Thank you for writing this awesome story. It's really good.
AzaggThoth chapter 6 . 6/27/2014
This reads as horribly forced cannon in a plot that could have easily been derailed. The Ranma you wrote in earlier chapters should have easily been able to beat Kuno without being chased off to the pool just to force the whole damned 'tree born kettle girl' shtick.
Kawaii Rin-chan chapter 5 . 6/21/2014
This is interesting, I think I like it.

Though, I'm a little wary to like it because there is ALOT of stuff in Ranma and I fill that there is a good possibility that this ficlet will not be completed. I suppose that's my inner-jaded ficlet-fangirl speaking.

But I would absolutely love it if you do continue this. It is always interesting to see how people put a bit of 'calm tad bit' twist to their ficlets with these two.

So, Keep it up! :D

-Rin
Lavinia1 chapter 5 . 6/5/2014
Thoroughly enjoying this! Please update soon :)
Riniko22 chapter 5 . 5/31/2014
I am sure you are following one of the canon scenes where Tofu has pressed a pressure point on Ranma's back to force him to have to count on Akane. Got to wonder about his sense as they are also carrying a few bags of groceries back home at the time. Been wondering for a while what he would do if Kuno meet them on the way back, as things would not go well.
BobV chapter 5 . 5/31/2014
Akane need to start to deal with her temper. Ranma may be a forgiving person and in need of a friend but i think there's a limit for this. Maybe this will change when Ranma start to train her.
If all others the rivals will be a bit more reasonable, Akane need to do something or she will be in trouble.
Richard Ryley chapter 5 . 5/30/2014
I liked Ranma and Akane having a serious conversation about her training, and Ranma going into his concerns about the way he was trained. Personally, I think Ranma would be a terrible sensei, he really has no knowledge of how to gauge his student's strength against his own in order to hold back the right amount. Which is surprising given how good he is at determining an opponent's strength. I think his problem is that he either can't or is afraid that he can't control the amount he holds back; it's either all or nothing with him.

The good news is, as he practices, he should get better. And he really needs the training unless he wants to be pigeonholed as a prizefighter and nothing else.

Akane, on the other hand, would probably be a great sensei, but she has no real world experience. And she needs to learn when something isn't working and try something else.
leoness chapter 5 . 5/29/2014
At what point does someone inform Akane that hitting someone because you're mad at them or "they deserve it" is the action of a five year old...or an abuser. Not a martial artist.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 5 . 5/28/2014