Reviews for Nightingale Syndrome
Tyraka628 chapter 17 . 1/15
Hope to see the return of Clockwerk in future stories.
Aaronna chapter 17 . 12/12/2015
I have never played any of the Sly Cooper games, but I have loved your stories. I started reading Stockholm Syndrome after I clicked the wrong link when searching for an Avengers story of the same name. I have now read all of these and love them. Thank you for writing such an interesting series of stories!
Yep I Still Play PS2 chapter 17 . 8/5/2015
That entire series was amazing! I'm usually not one for OC's, but I fell in love (please Sly don't kill me) with yours. Kaia just seems to fit in the Sly Cooper universe, like she belongs there. It makes me question why Sucker Punch themselves didn't think to include anyone like her. Now every time I play a Sly game, I think the plot is just wrong. I can not wait for your next epic tale, but I'm probably going to end up hating you due to the whole heartbreaking thing. But meh, as long as they both live happily ever after (hopefully together) in the end, I really don't see any room for complaint. Keep it up!
KOTR13 chapter 17 . 8/4/2015
I'll admit that when I started reading the Syndrome series, I was rather skeptical. In my experience, fanfics with OCs tend to not be very good, as the OCs are generally either annoying or complete Mary Sues. But you struck an excellent balance with Kaia. She's smart and capable enough not to be a burden, without being so skilled that she could actually replace any of the gang. She's useful and supportive to the team, without making it seem like they would be helpless without her. Plus she's immediately endearing with her snarky comments and lampshading the weirder elements of the setting. You integrated her into the existing story really well, helping out on jobs or playing mission control when everybody else is out doing stuff.

Then I got doubtful again when you started hinting at a romance between Kaia and Sly. Again, in my experience, romances between the hero and OCs in fics tend to be obvious wish fulfillment filled with painful glurge. But again, you balanced it nicely, with the relationship seeming very natural. I particularly liked how you had Kaia realize that she was in love with Sly, but didn't actually WANT to be, since she was quite happy with her friendship with him. A pleasant departure from the usual desperate pining.

In short, I had my doubts, but you kept proving them wrong over and over again with your excellent writing. I'm never going to be able to play the Sly Cooper series again without feeling like the games are incomplete because Kaia isn't there. Thank you for this story and I'm looking forward to the next installment. I'm eager to see what you come up with when you're not constrained by an existing plot.
KOTR13 chapter 14 . 8/4/2015
Aww, I was kinda hoping that you would make Kaia do the belly dance. It was really funny when Carmelita did it and would have been even funnier with Kaia.
Cyannel chapter 17 . 6/27/2015
I'm not even really into the Sly Cooper games (reason being I never played them b/c I'm a broke SOB) but damn this was amazing. Someone plugged this on their profile and I was on the lookout for good shit and this happened to be the kind of good shit I've been wanting. I loved reading this, and I don't doubt that I'll be (re)re-reading it again in the future.

Thanks! :D
YunKyon-chan chapter 17 . 2/5/2015
I absolutely loved reading and re-reading your Sly Cooper fics! I got plenty of laughes, tears, and just nostalgic feels as you did a wonderful job writing for the Cooper gang. Love your original characters especially Kaia and just love her and Sly together. They fit very well together, the built up was very well done, and Bentley figuring it out and just announcing it like he would was great! Thank you for writing this series, thank you very much!

Sincerely,
Yunkyon-chan
TomiBania chapter 17 . 1/18/2015
Holy cow that was awesome. And by that I mean IT WAS awesome.
I basically love everything in Syndrome series, everything.
I'm kinda scared about heartbreaking stuff in sequel to this but as long as there will be happy ending then it's all good :) (I hate heartbreaking stuff) (I'll still read it even with heartbreaking stuff, it's just too good to stop).
ANYWAY, keep up the good work and can't wait for more stories in this series.
Perihelion chapter 17 . 12/16/2014
LHSADKFLHASKDFHKSJHDFLKSHDFKHSKJHFNVKJSVDKJHBSAKCBHASNCFHOIWEHARFIUHASDKFUHSKLJDFHKASJHFJHBSDBFDBVJHKSADV FSAHDFBVKLJSHDFVHBAS IUDSV FJHSKDJFNKJZXB VCKJHXVHSKJDHFKDSHJF ADSKFHSKDF HKSJHDFKSAHFG JH HZXC HVZLXHJVKLJHSUDFHSU D.

Yeah. That about does it.
Spartan10007 chapter 17 . 12/18/2014
Yay! Sorry it took me a while to review, but I got to it finally. Glad that you've got a plan. It would be a shame to see such talent end, seriously. I'll be waiting for the next stories like everyone else, and here's a cookie for good luck (::)
Fairyhaven13 chapter 17 . 12/16/2014
Woot! Woooooot! It ended exactly like I'd hoped! Sly and Kaia together, and none of the others have given up hope, and even bratty Penny doesn't *seem* to be plotting anything horrifying. Now to wait! And I know it'll be SO worth the wait. Your stories always are. And I think I get what you mean by your other-story-not-sequel-story. It's like, in the middle of their hanging around each other, right? Like, before the third story, maybe in the middle of one of their escapades in the second, or something. I think that's what you mean anyways. Or it's an AU. Either way, it'll be great. Yay!

Have a merry Christmas!
Miniwheat101 chapter 17 . 12/16/2014
Wow. I already love this story, but you are hyping this next story up! I still think you can do it, write the best fan fiction ever (Seriously, think about publishing this stuff!). But I have vowed (Ever since watch_dogs, spore, etc.) To never buy into the hype machine. But I could make one exception right...? So, time to go fangirl uncontrollably
LadyAmazon chapter 17 . 12/16/2014
best sly story/saga Ever! hope your cat feels better. happy holidays
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 17 . 12/15/2014
You just hyped me even more for the new fic! I can't WAIT for Christmas Day now!
An Amber Pen chapter 17 . 12/15/2014
I'm sad that this story had to draw to a close, but I look forward to seeing more of your work! Also, really hoping they make a Sly 5, but that could very well be just a pipe dream. But at least we have the movie to look forward to...in 2015. *slumps shoulders* Ugh, this is going to be a long wait. Oh well, when does anything good ever come easy and/or fast, right? Right. Anyway, sorry about your kitty as well as your sister's! :( I hope the operation goes well. *crosses fingers and toes. Best of luck, and may your fingers be swift!