Reviews for A Bluer Shade of White
morion87 chapter 1 . 6/21
There's always been thr question of when Disney films take place. Unless its painfully obvious. I'd always actually wondered where they took place exactly.

Is there something in here for where Anna is?
Where the gras is greener chapter 6 . 5/25
This was a frightening read, but a good one. I also found this a very interesting extrapolation of the magics and canon (and necessary foundations thereof). Thank you.
Fiction-stalker supreme chapter 6 . 5/17
This was one of the scarier stories I'very read, more to do with the fact that I came from the Terminator fanfic and there the AI was...crapshoot. I was just expecting the bad to hit. Also more beautiful because Olaf was good, just that he was pushing progress far quicker than is comfortable.

Though this story has caused me to question my feelings in regard to the singularity.
Falcon's Jade chapter 6 . 3/23
This story came recommended to me by a fan of HPMOR, and wow, I am startled and amazed at how this story turned out. The originality and potential of this story is amazing, and while my heart aches at how Elsa's and Olaf's relationship turned out the whole idea that they (probably) won't kill each other and intend to make the other the best version as they could was sweet in its own way. The name Jack Frost, and Olaf going into the moon, that almost seems like a shout-out to Rise of the Guardians...which makes me wonder just how far Olaf will go to make humanity better or how he managed to mess up enough to create the equivalent of Pitch. Excellent work!
HeirOfVoid chapter 6 . 1/18
An utterly fascinating allegory for A.I. and human augmentation. The only point of difference is the lack of permanency in Elsa's constructs, as opposed to an A.I. or artificial limb that can be serviced by anyone with the proper training.

Makes me wonder what would happen if she ran into a geomancer who could work stone the same way she works ice.
timmy1022 chapter 6 . 11/16/2016
Cool story.
timmy1022 chapter 5 . 11/16/2016
Pandora's box. Free will is scary!
timmy1022 chapter 2 . 11/16/2016
Ohhhh prediction: Olaf will slowly transform into Elsa's 'perfect mate!'
kabs9000 chapter 6 . 10/16/2016
absolutely brilliant
Enigma infinite chapter 6 . 8/12/2016
Creepy yet wow!
Lliono chapter 6 . 8/5/2016
Wow, that was... interesting. Not what I had imagined when I started reading a frozen fanfic. Either way, good ideas and I like how you expand on easily missed concepts such as AI in a disney movie.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/28/2016
He is the Man of the Moon in the Guardians, right ?
Well, when I think about this Olaf I can't help but think ' the path to Hell is paved with good intentions'.
RatherFabulous chapter 5 . 3/6/2016
Getting "I, Robot" vibes all over this. Yah, I'm thinking "V.I.K.I." has manifested.
Hopefully, Jack will manage to stand in for Sonny.

Sonny: [Detective Spooner refers to Sonny as a "someone"] Thank you... you said 'someone'... not 'something'.
silentspring chapter 1 . 2/18/2016
Love it. Great story.
Fresh C chapter 6 . 2/1/2016
I often find myself uncertain what to say after reading a story that I thoroughly enjoyed. I feel that I should say something, if only to let the author know that their work is appreciated, but I'd like to say something more substantial than "great story, I enjoyed reading this". I don't have any real negative criticism to offer you so, I the best I feel like I can do is try to explain why I liked it.

I enjoyed the slow build up putting the reader into the world of frozen with an Elsa that feels authentic, while also feeling more thoughtful and intelligent. I also liked the way that Olaf was handled. Anyone familiar with the concept of the singularity could see some red flags once he showed the ability to manipulate snow and increased his own intelligence, but the amount of information given to Elsa was just little enough that it felt authentic that she would be blindsided by what happened.

Aside from that, I just enjoyed the way the story was put together. The little nods to other works of Disney, such as the "parable of the sorcerer's apprentice" were a nice touch. And all the moral and ethical quandaries were well laid out without forcing any particular view on the reader. Thanks for writing this, and good luck writing in the future.