Reviews for A Bluer Shade of White
The Polyethylene Man chapter 6 . 8/20
It would have unsettled me far had olaf killed everyone.
Perhaps oneday soon the human race will become something else entirely, and the sad part is that we'll be better for it.
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 6 . 7/23
This is perhaps one of the most complex and thought-provoking-if not THE most complex and thought-provoking-fanfic I've ever read. The entire concept of Elsa maintaining popularity and sovereignty by using her ice powers to improve Arendelle's economy and QOL was interesting on its own but the ethical questions addressed in the fic and the inevitability of Elsa's eventual death that would destroy the system being discussed really made me think about the implications of Elsa's powers. The overall melancholic ending was also incredibly well-written and the concept of Olaf becoming a god was unexpected yet makes a lot of sense given the story. I also applaud you for writing the first Jelsa fic that I can actually appreciate.
morion87 chapter 1 . 6/21
There's always been thr question of when Disney films take place. Unless its painfully obvious. I'd always actually wondered where they took place exactly.

Is there something in here for where Anna is?
Where the gras is greener chapter 6 . 5/25
This was a frightening read, but a good one. I also found this a very interesting extrapolation of the magics and canon (and necessary foundations thereof). Thank you.
Fiction-stalker supreme chapter 6 . 5/17
This was one of the scarier stories I'very read, more to do with the fact that I came from the Terminator fanfic and there the AI was...crapshoot. I was just expecting the bad to hit. Also more beautiful because Olaf was good, just that he was pushing progress far quicker than is comfortable.

Though this story has caused me to question my feelings in regard to the singularity.
Falcon's Jade chapter 6 . 3/23
This story came recommended to me by a fan of HPMOR, and wow, I am startled and amazed at how this story turned out. The originality and potential of this story is amazing, and while my heart aches at how Elsa's and Olaf's relationship turned out the whole idea that they (probably) won't kill each other and intend to make the other the best version as they could was sweet in its own way. The name Jack Frost, and Olaf going into the moon, that almost seems like a shout-out to Rise of the Guardians...which makes me wonder just how far Olaf will go to make humanity better or how he managed to mess up enough to create the equivalent of Pitch. Excellent work!
HeirOfVoid chapter 6 . 1/18
An utterly fascinating allegory for A.I. and human augmentation. The only point of difference is the lack of permanency in Elsa's constructs, as opposed to an A.I. or artificial limb that can be serviced by anyone with the proper training.

Makes me wonder what would happen if she ran into a geomancer who could work stone the same way she works ice.
timmy1022 chapter 6 . 11/16/2016
Cool story.
timmy1022 chapter 5 . 11/16/2016
Pandora's box. Free will is scary!
timmy1022 chapter 2 . 11/16/2016
Ohhhh prediction: Olaf will slowly transform into Elsa's 'perfect mate!'
kabs9000 chapter 6 . 10/16/2016
absolutely brilliant
Enigma infinite chapter 6 . 8/12/2016
Creepy yet wow!
Lliono chapter 6 . 8/5/2016
Wow, that was... interesting. Not what I had imagined when I started reading a frozen fanfic. Either way, good ideas and I like how you expand on easily missed concepts such as AI in a disney movie.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/28/2016
He is the Man of the Moon in the Guardians, right ?
Well, when I think about this Olaf I can't help but think ' the path to Hell is paved with good intentions'.
RatherFabulous chapter 5 . 3/6/2016
Getting "I, Robot" vibes all over this. Yah, I'm thinking "V.I.K.I." has manifested.
Hopefully, Jack will manage to stand in for Sonny.

Sonny: [Detective Spooner refers to Sonny as a "someone"] Thank you... you said 'someone'... not 'something'.