Reviews for Dulce Et Decorum Est
Roadrunnerz chapter 1 . 4/19
Love, love, love this! What a fantastic companion piece to one of my favourite episodes.

Much as I loved Veritas, I cringed when Kate woke up in Castle's car perfectly fine, as if she'd just had a long nap, after downing an entire bottle of liquor and then getting whacked over the head with it. This...this makes so much more sense on so many levels and feels so real.

Thanks for this. It's now canon in my mind! :D
NewbieCastleFan chapter 1 . 1/3
Just read this and I absolutely loved it, but have you thought about writing a one-shot where Kate tells her father that she finally got the guy who had Johanna murdered?
Caskett1960 chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This is the way the episode should've gone instead of Kate getting injured and being absolutely fine five minutes later. Nice job.
Eslssl chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
Really like how you portrayed Castle, and that he thought to save Kate's gun (no more frame ups), the necklace and both rings. Especially liked how Castle reminds Kate of what they absolutely had to have at their wedding (from an earlier episode) and that it was only each other. Great attention to detail and staying within character and storylines.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Stunning work!
Ctf20 chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I loved this. And it's now totally how it happened :)

Once again, I just love your writing. I don't know how else to say it. :)

CastleAddict
bluedaisy05 chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
I thought I had reviewed this already, but I guess not. I am so glad you gave voice to Castle's thoughts, esp. as he came across her in the hallway. And that scene with the ring was just beautiful. Thank you so much for this episode insert. LOVE it!
1822andallthat chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Oh wow, all the emotions in this- I can't even. You did an outstanding job, as always, with those missing scenes ; thank you so much for writing and sharing them.

I loved the image of Castle slipping the chain around his neck at the end, hobbit-like, carrying her burden while she isn't able to.
jam821 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Oh all the emotions in this are just incredible! And I'm so glad you chose to write these missing scenes. I wanted to see more of Castle's reaction to finding her like that so badly and now I have this to read. Head!canon accepted. :)
this.girls.got.moxie chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Amazing.
CileSuns92 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
You added even more to the more we already had. I understand they had to cut some things out for the purpose of keeping it in the timeframe of the episode, but you filled in the blanks perfectly.

I was expecting your reaction one-shot, and I'm glad you picked this missing part to focus on. I love the way you describe Rick's feelings for Kate, how deep they run, despite he always tries to charm his way out of admitting them with a joke. He can definitely weather a storm, even though it leaves him shaking.

Also, the Owen's poem? Kinda spot on. Was it about WW1? I have a vague recollection of it from my AmLit class the past semester (bad short-term memory, I know), and I remember it being just as intense as this scene. Now I have to look it up again ;) Thanks for always giving us food for thought. And thanks for the story!
ER-Freaky chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
thanks you very much for ths, I love it
Arraydesign chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Oh. Wow. So I read this right after you published, but I don't like reviewing on my mobile...and I needed a little time to reflect, so I reread it just now...I have a love hate relationship with this episode and you fixed some of it by giving us this scene...why didn't they make this a 2 part? There's so much missing..But I digress...your rewrite on the rings made this stronger...the idea of him rescuing their engagement...grabbing the ring before it slips down the drain...and when it's there for her in the car... makes the two week question more poignant.

Castle's whole worry about her leaving while he's gone? Yeah, had to be top of his mind. I mean she keeps leaving him.. and just how prescient are you with Spy Beckett ;-) You reading those scripts in advance somehow?

There's still something ricocheting around in my head though... about knees and them failing and being down on them in gratitude and supplication. I'm pretty sure you did it on purpose, but I can't quite get a grip on it.

Your title is one of my favorite poems. Thanks.
InebMG chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
this was amazing! like with all of your fics, is really easy to imagine that this was what really happen in those moments we didn't see on TV, so thanks for filling up the blank spaces in the episode
bones35 chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Spectacular work here; thank you!