Reviews for Promise (A McRoll in the REAL World Story)
jmlane1966 chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
That is a good promise to make! Grandma Ang is on of my all time favorite characters!
ACndCA chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
So sweet :)

And Catherine's mom assuming that Cath and Steve had another purpose for the trip is very "mom-like". So very good job with the characters.

Love Grand Ang moments as well :)

Thanks for sharing :)
loveRnB chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I like to know what Steve and Catherine dad were talk about? hope you follow it up.
Gilda chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
I loved the interaction of Steve with Cath's family and how comfortable he feels. I adored the scene between Cath and her grandma. It shows how close the 2 are. So touching. The final scene was amazing. Steve and Cath talking about their future. They see themselves together in 30 years. OMG, just perfect !
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
Again Loved this. I know they made hint that Steve had met her parents so I loved this. Very cool story. Cant wait to see Aunt Deb :) Tara x0x
Lawsy89 chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
so very sweet!
alison chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Brilliant, so great, loved every part of it especially steve and caths response to the slideshow. Can't wait for more
Dianitachiva chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
This Cath's family is really amazing!
Sweet fic!
Paula chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
This was a very sweet story. I love the interaction between Steve and Catherine's family. LOVE the comfidence Steve & Cath have in their relationship being long term- The characterizations are spot-on.
ForestBornNinjaGirl chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Awww this was cute! haaha those slideshows must've been KILLER! but the traditions sound wonderful :) It's important for Steve and Cath to be happy but if they were really truly happy maybe it wouldnt be so bad to take the next step forward... but loved this! very cute! :)
melina-emanuela chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
They obviously assume to still be together in 30 years? That's so cute. I totally get not having the urge to get married, doesn't really seem all that necessary anymore today, does it?
But I wouldn't mind if one of you made it happen in a story anyway. You know just throwing it out there...
Five-0 Fan chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
So happy to be McRolling along in the REAL world! Another awesome update. :)
lacrevette35 chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Hi Ilna!

You know what? This sequel wasn’t good.

It was amazing! ;)
I just love Cath’s family so it was great to see them again and to see Steve getting along with them :)

I love to see her father being so welcoming with Steve, I remember they didn’t met in the best of ways ;)
Haha! Poor Papa Rollins getting kicked out.

I love that Steve wants to try Garandma Ang’s ragu to do a comparison. Lol! Wondering if he’d have the guts to tell which one he likes the best…

It’s great to heard her talk about thanksgiving once again, and the facts that Steve remembers is even better!
“unfortunate choice in prep-cook” lol! Yeah you can say that!

OMG! There’s nothing more boring than watching hundreds of vacation photos. When they’re not yours of course! Love how Cath tried to escape it! :)

LOL! I love Cath’s mother imagination!
“He’d try to take over and make us all prep-cooks” “I’d like to see him try” Yep me too! I think it’d be funny :)

“Steve and I are happy with the way things are. It works for us” Aww… I love this! Yes it works, they’re perfect! :)
I love that grandma Ang asked Elizabeth to stop and that they just both want Cath to be happy. It was really a cute scene.

“You’ve always known your own mind, Catherine. Even when you were very young. I’ve always been very proud of you for that” That’s a beautiful thing to say to her daughter!

“I make no promises” lol! No doubt, she’s her mother! They’re all the same!

The whole scene between Cath and her grandmother was great. I love seeing them talk like that.
“Oh, my girl. So many changes for you in the last year” “But you really are happy. I can tell” In your fic there are some very beautiful lines, those are 2 of them.
I hope we’ll see Grandma Ang more often too. She’s amazing :)

I love the scene between Steve and Cath in the kitchen, it’s nothing big or important but it’s just them being them!

“I lost count at 162” Ouch that’s a lot and knowing there were more. This is torture! :)

I love that they want to promise each other they’ll never do that! Because it means they’re seeing a future together, they’re seeing themselves getting old together and I love it!

“Solid plan, Commander” I just love when she’s calling him Sailor or Commander, and when he’s calling her Lieutenant. It always brings me back to the first time I met them :)

I love how she said “works for us”. Just because she feels really happy with him in that moment.

It was a really sweet end! I love it!

Thanks so much for this! You’re happy to be writing and posting again? Let me tell you something. I’m happy to be reading your fics again :)
NYR88 chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Loved it. Especially Steve implying about their future. Can't wait for Aunt Deb.
shestarsky chapter 1 . 5/7/2014
Oh, very nice. I do enjoy the humor infused into your stories.