Reviews for The Ring Revisitation
bamadude chapter 1 . 1/26/2017
Perfectly wonderful story!
StrawberryPopTar chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
I enjoyed treading this again!Great way to fill in the gaps of the engagement story. Leonard pulling out the ring is a great moment, and so very Leonard. Such a well done story and perfect reading during Top 10 Episodes Poll and end of hiatus.
Jenafan chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
It is obvious you know these characters very well, and as such you were able to create a possible scenario that fits with Penny and Leonard's personalities, situation, and environment.

What I liked is that your story served to fill the gaps of what we don't see on screen and is believable. If the writers were to insert this as a flashback, it would fit right nicely in between the pages of the episodes.

Thank you for giving me an example of fan fic that is worth reading and makes me feel good after doing so.
JheremyC chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
Excellent use of the pop tart. I like the way you treat the characters. Thank you for sharing your story.
nibbler747 chapter 1 . 7/12/2015
Very sweet story. I loved the thoughtful conversation between then. Leonard is so sweet. I especially liked the end with the strawberry pop tarts. I wish they had done that on the show! Great job!
dranquist chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Oh, that was delightful, my friend! A wonderful little one shot that I'm so happy I finally had the chance to read! My God, you really do know these two characters so well, this couple so well, and everything they've said and done, and all that they should have said or have said sub-textually that you've now given them the words to say here! There were so many lovely things contained within this chapter that I hope I can remember them all, and it's not just the lines of dialogue or thoughts stated but the feelings and emotions that those lines evoke, as well as the fond memories of so many moments in their relationship over the years. Even as I was reading early on in the story, I was thinking ahead wondering if you were going to cover a certain moment, and then wham, there it was! You never forget; you always remember every moment, every scene between them and build upon that. So here are some of my favorites contained within this story: I absolutely adored the fact that Leonard told her up front that he had been looking forward to their engagement since the first day he met her; I, too, had always felt that about him, well, especially when he states in the very first episode how their babies would be smart and beautiful! LOL! Next, I loved their discussion about where they would live, and it was so smart and such a funny line for Penny to state it this way- "We practically live together now. It's like we have a two bedroom, two bath, two kitchen apartment, with an attached Sheldon."-Ah, that made me laugh right out loud, Friend, as did Leonard's remark that they turn Sheldon over to Amy. So sweet that they would even think of him, that you would have them consider him (which is more than the writers of the show could do), as in many respects, he is kind of like their child in a way, and they have taken on the role of parents having to care for him and look out for him as was evidenced in the episode from Season 3 "The Spaghetti Catalyst" as well as in many episodes over the years, but that one stands out most strongly right now. Next item, I really enjoyed Penny getting Leonard to explain when he actually got the ring. It was just glossed over in the episode when he mentioned getting it years before, but you picked right up on it and elaborated on it here, which is really wonderful! It's so fantastic to think he had gotten it two years earlier and just weeks before Howard and Bernadette's wedding, and speaking of that, I love the idea that he really did want to propose to her that Valentine's Day when Howard and Bernie had joined them for dinner and for this reason he states-" You weren't there when Howard proposed, but I thought having them there when you got engaged would make up for it a little."-What a wonderful thought, so true and so apropos! That truly would have been special because of it, but the writers had other ideas. Another gem I love in this story is how you have Penny explain all the times she thought of proposing, too, and you touch on Leonard buying her the car; that moment in the series always chokes me up, as well, just like Penny does here in remembering it, because I felt it was probably the most generous thing he could have ever done for her, that any boyfriend could have done, and I just adored it!

When she finally asks him why he had the ring with him at the present time, he touched upon Arthur's funeral, and I have to say that again that is one of my favorite Lenny episodes of the show. Even though I realize the show was about Sheldon coming to terms with his grief, the flip side of the show with Leonard and Penny is actually the part that always gets me and makes me laugh and cry the most, especially when she can't cry and he starts reflecting on his time with Arthur, and then they both start to get choked up. I just love that scene, even more so when she says "Thank you for being the emotional one in this relationship", and he responds with "I got your back" as he's choking back tears. That is an incredible scene, so genuinely full of humor and so touching as well, and all that follows it is equally telling as you point out here. Touching upon the thanksgiving episode from last season was genius as well, especially tying it back to her line about marrying for love next time then teasing "or for money"; her joke here about doing both by marrying him is sweet and lovely, as well as funny, which just about brings it to the end of the tale, and what a perfect ending, too, with him toasting their engagement and future marriage with the strawberry pop tarts referencing that line from the show, just delightful! Now you've made me want to go back and watch all those episodes of them and those special moments again, but then you always have a remarkable way of making their scenes so real that in a sense, I feel as though I have just revisited those moments, those special Lenny moments, plus some! Thank you, Friend, for that special gift! Beautiful job! :)
Pop-Tart Fan chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
aaaawww! Loved it!
SlightlyOffKey chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
Very nicely done,,
SOK
tx-fictionqueen chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
"You'll never be 'plain' to me, you'll always be 'THE' Mrs Hofstadter."

LOVE IT. Loved this. Great job elaborating on this momentous occasion. It totally reminded me of Chew Toy how you had Penny analyze everything Leonard did and have them talk it out. If only the real Penny and Leonard would learn to do this more often. Thanks for this!
5Mississippis chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
Awww! That was absolutely wonderful! Beautifully perfect! Loved how you detailed Leonard's and Penny's history with the multiple failed proposals and season 7 trials! And gave us some missing scenes too! I too was convinced, by no tokens/no evidence, that Leonard had already purchased a ring that he had stashed in his sock drawer! The ending was an absolute treat and a complete surprise! Loved that Leonard's PopTart desires have come true and that he ain't no Bran Muffin! Wonderfully done! Adding to favorites!
giggsy328 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Sorry for the late review trying to catch up on them. Love the way you have tied all the proposals and ily's together the back stories are brilliant. Especially liked Pennys curious nature coming through and the ending was great with the pop tarts.
TBBT78 chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
This is an excellent piece of writing thank you so much for writing. Its very clever how you've fitted this story around the events of the last two years leading up to Leonard's proposal, giving us insight into when he first got the idea and also his intention to propose on Valentine's Day 2013, but being hampered by Penny seeing her friend with her ex. I can actually imagine this being the case, poor Leonard! I enjoyed the dialogue between L&P, you capture them so well, I can really hear them having this conversation. I'm glad that you've written Penny as still wanting to focus on her acting career, this is a concern of mine with regard to her character as the show progresses forward. All in all a fantastic fanfic and so wonderfully timed as well! Thanks again!
Angelic Guardian chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
Oh my goodness. That was so sweet. You summed up Leonard and Penny's relationship wonderfully in this fic, and you gave a realistic explanation as to when exactly Leonard bought the ring. I really enjoyed this. Great work.
mjc45 chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
as allways, a great fill in of the story that we saw.
just love the endding with the strawberry pop-tarts.
gsxdoug chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Well, you already know my thoughts, so I'll just reiterate; very nice work.