Reviews for XCOM: Abyssal
bob chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Great writing but I have a bit of a problem with the geography for the events with the submarine. The North Atlantic mid ocean isn't between Newfoundland and Greenland. If the submarine were between Newfoundland and Greenland than it would put it in a stretch of ocean at or near the Labrador Sea while the Titanic sunk roughly 600 km to the south east of Newfoundland. Sorry for nitpicking.
Dom chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Ive been following this series for a while but I have to ask if this is finally dead? Its been two and a half years since the last update and even Hobbes homepage is down.

If it is dead it is a great shame as this is one of the best series I have found.
kitsune106 chapter 8 . 7/30/2007
I lovwe this story so far. I hope more follows soon.
Gu35s chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
I have read and finished the prequel, XCOM: Unknown Menace. I finished reading XCOM: Eulogy, XCOM: Destined Alliance, and XCOM: Abyssal months ago. I am a big fan and addict to Andre Galvao XCOM Series and now I am in withdrawal. Please update soon before I die from withdrawal. ;)
killerdeath chapter 8 . 12/23/2006
Am i the only one who notice that it has been over a year since last updated? This is one of my favorite storys but it needs to be updated.
Hobbes chapter 8 . 3/12/2006
This is just to inform everyone that there is now a forum to discuss both the Unknown Menace and Abyssal. It can be accessed throug this link:
Jaime chapter 8 . 11/8/2005
Cool! another chapter. Thanks
OneTopJob6 chapter 7 . 8/19/2005
Well, it's "secession" and "secede". I like how you explained how the world changed from XCom 1 to TFtD. Still suffesr from the same grammatical problems, though. And it's been more than a year since you last updated. Shouldn't you have finished the next chapter by now?
Hobbes chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
I will finish it, eventually. ;)
son-goku5 chapter 7 . 12/5/2004
Will you continue this story? It's great and I want to read more
Hobbes chapter 7 . 9/10/2004
No, I haven't been abducted by aliens yet :)

I am sorry I simply haven't had time to work more on Abyssal lately but I have taken notice of all your comments, so don't despair thinking that I quit this project :)

I have a new chapter almost complete but until I have more time to work on the rest of the story it is best not to publish it. Meanwhile...well patience is a virtue (feel free to flame me on that one :)
LXC chapter 7 . 7/10/2004
MORE!SOON!PLEASE!
Da chapter 7 . 5/16/2004
MORE! MORE! MORE!
Guest chapter 6 . 9/4/2003
This is not a review, but a suggestion. I noticed a different title that I think you could probably learn from, as far as some areas of your writing may go.

. ?storyid395232&chapter1

This is also a very good title, and still in development spanning over 100,0 words, and seems to have a great amount of good qualitys that you may find helpful to learn.(and you already seem to be able to create many in your own works, but it also seems to need refinement.)

I also think that the author of Tides of Darkness could learn from your works, too.

I also like to ask a question: Is your author name based off of Hobbes, the creator of the Social Contract Theory?
Hobbes chapter 4 . 8/27/2003
*sigh* Well you're right about Abyssal...the story is going to take a while to pick up and that's why I have been so slow in updating it. I could have used the same formula as the Unknown Menace, starting at the beginning of the game and going from there but I wanted to do something different plus now there's 6 years to cover (the first war only took three according to the official timeline). Still, I will finish this story at some time on the future.

Thanks for the mention to Xenocide. I already knew about the project and I think it is a good idea, I only hope that you manage to finish it :)