Reviews for The Senshi Files: Silver Warden (OLD VERSION)
Isa Lumitus chapter 9 . 12/24/2015
I just found and read through this on Spacebattles, so you probably won't get much comment on earlier chapters. For the conversation between Harry, Ami, and Luna, I kept thinking one thing:

"Shut up, Luna. The adults are talking."

That might be a little spiteful, but White Devil of the Moon changed my head-canon about Luna. Now, I see Luna as a courtier. Which is to say, a little arrogant, and completely ignorant on strategy, problem solving, and lateral thinking. Her heart may be in the right place... but she's a peacetime advisor.
Myrrn chapter 9 . 12/24/2015
I like this story, but I want to like it more than I do. The premise is good, as is the writing.

But as a fan of both franchises, I love the lore and characters of both. So it's super irritating to read Harry acting like a condescending prick to everyone in pretty much every chapter (even if Luna kinda deserves it).

Can the Senshi benefit from Harry's experience and knowledge? Absolutely. And that's partly why I read the story, I want to see him as a mentor. But it's difficult to wade through the dialogue when he's constantly downplaying everything on the SM side of things.

The only thing in the Dresdenverse that is REMOTELY on the same scale as the end-game Senshi are beings like Uriel, who mentions busting up Galaxies. The "scarier" threats like Mab that he considers well beyond his ability to hurt are on par or weaker than the Senshi's normal opponents.

In other words, he's operating FAR out of his weight class. Which is fine: he does that all the time. But this time he's acting like he's NOT outclassed, and that's just dumb. And it stretches my sense of disbelief, because he's scoffing at powers far greater than any that have directly opposed him.

In short, I feel you're purposely dumbing down SM and lowering its power levels to make Dresden look more like a badass. You've interpreted the SM villains as incompetent, the Senshi as silly, the royal advisor as stupid. In contrast all the Dresdenverse stuff is portrayed as super serious and scary. And its unnecessary, because he's enough of a badass on his own with his unique personality and willpower.

Hopefully some of this is addressed in the future, because I do enjoy the story and I would like to keep reading.

Just my two cents.
icgcarlos chapter 9 . 12/24/2015
The best and only Dresden Files & Sailormoon crossover out there!
Uriel7 chapter 9 . 12/24/2015
You've completely nailed the snark. It's wonderful - a little bit of Dresden come to life.
reality deviant chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
good chapter.
looking forward for the interaction with the tuxedo
TheyCallMeBeanz chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Yay! It's been finally updated. Hope to see some more soonish?
TheRuinsOfRl'yeh chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
So, a new chapter appears and it is a doozy!

First thought that comes to mind...

How exactly is Dresden going to teach Minako about using...*snicker* love-based magic outside of battle?

Oh good god, I can see Lasciel making references to the Kama Sutra, Tantric Rituals...he won't be able to look at Minako! *Laughs hysterically*

If anything I'd say that Usagi's magic is either mental or purification which would lend itself well to either fire or, from a theoretical standpoint, soulfire.

...would the Silver Crystal be made out of crystallized soulfire? Makes one wonder...

An amazing chapter, filled with thrills, chills and tons of frills! Can't wait for the next!

Cheers
SA
singletona082 chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Things starting to come together both with realization that Usagi's poor time management is making her friends feel put out, Makoto MAKING friends and hurting people and...

Really, Harry you have to find better ways to find girls..
Dakaath chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Loved the chapter. Excellent scenes, and all the talks seemed real, emotional, and raw in the places they should be.
Xavon Wrentaile chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Good chapter, good to have another one.

But point of fact, it is the Hikawa Shrine, not the Hino Shrine.
Jouaint chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Great chapter.
kildar2010 chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Damn good to see another chapter, this is about the only Sailor moon fic i can stand.
This chapter was particularly good though, it had all the right moments and i really felt the emotions of the characters. Well done
Lakanna chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
This is interesting. Harry and Luna may never be good friends, but they're starting to realize that they're a lot better off working together. Luna's still a bit standoffish, but Harry would have been the same without Infernal intervention showing him just how bad things could get.
I'm looking forward to seeing both sides deal with things that are completely out of context for them: Harry's brand of magic is completely different from what the senshis and the DK use.
The Mako bits are every bit as funny, awesome, and heartwarming as the Harry bits. Having Mako being every bit as great to read as Harry is a real treat, considering how much I love the Dresden Files. Harry-as-a-dad comes off believable, and his concern for not just his daughter, but all the Senshi (and even Luna, though she's closer to a peer,) is well-done.
Looking forward to more updates!
Okami Princess chapter 9 . 12/23/2015
Since Endymion was the Prince of Earth, and Tuxedo Mask has an affinity for roses, does that mean Mamoru has a 'Plant' affinity when it comes to magic?

That would would have the potential to make him a very dangerous opponent.
Bobboky chapter 9 . 12/23/2015