Reviews for Remembering
JJayGurl chapter 1 . 4/21/2017
Wow what a story! I think you've portrayed Sirius beautifully.
Allie chapter 1 . 9/8/2016
LBibliophile chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
I actually really liked the end to this. It was great to see how all the emotions built up until the way he dies at the Ministry seems like the only possible (and right) result.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
This was absolutely beautiful. Every word was just perfectly Sirius, and it was great. I think you captured Sirius' thoughts and feelings wonderfully in this and I was almost in tears. The part about him dying alive was just... wow. I think that described it perfectly. Fantastic job!
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
This was amazing! I love the way you've written Sirius, and how you mixed his past and present so seamlessly. I loved all the repetition and comparisons and everything in this was just so perfect. I think that you really managed to capture the hopelessness and frustration that Sirius would have felt being unable to even leave the house when everyone else was doing such vital things to help in the war.
The Dreaming Hare chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
I absolutely loved this. The way you wrote it really made Sirius seemed just unhinged enough to have lasting effects from Azkaban, which I think is all too often overlooked. I liked that Sirius recognized that at fifteen he was arrogant and thoughtless - and that Harry has already confronted more darkness than he could imagine at that time in his life. The way you've characterized Sirius is absolutely perfect, and I really loved the last line as well.
alwaysmarauders chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
I can't even begin to say how much I loved this. That last line, it was chilling and in my opinion is perfect for sirius. The way you wrote Sirius was utterly perfect, and exactly how I always see him and love to read him. Great job! This was an excellent story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Wow, that was amazing. I love how you show Sirius here, he's portrayed so well. The angst and the dry humor and the sad moments and happy moments all blended together so wonderfully. I loved the fact that it was all thoughts and I didn't get bored- I do, normally. That was great, nice job.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Absolutely brilliant. I adore Sirius, and this story is so... I can't even think. You've taken away my ability of rational thought.

The descriptions and the inner thoughts, and the repetition of (Remus and Harry are all he has left) and just...everything, is perfect.

I lovelovelove it :P
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Oh wow. This was... wow. I normally dislike no-dialogue stories, but this one read easily and managed to capture the sadness and unfairness of Sirius's situation flawlessly. He was wonderfully IC and his feelings of guilt, frustration and longing shone through. That duality of seeing Harry both as a godson and a little piece of James was played out well. That line of the "asymmetrically unfair" situation when it comes to both sets of parents really struck a chord. And the ending! the ending was perfect and it was all perfect and brb crying.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
You wrote Sirius during OotP so well here. You definitely captured the way he felt imprisoned in that house, the way he was withdrawn and snappy, and the way he felt so alone except for Remus and Harry. The comparisons of Harry to his parents were really well-done, also, considering it's canon that Sirius compares Harry to James. The characterization of him was excellent, and I'm also very impressed with the way you managed to capture Sirius's mental state during this time.

'At fifteen, he was poised on the edge of an abyss, but /he hadn't fallen in yet/.' -can I just say I absolutely adore that line? Agh, that was perfection.

Don't worry about the ending - I think it works very well. It captures that hope that Sirius has, the fact that he's at least glad to be doing something and getting out, being free, even if it means possibly dying while fighting the Death Eaters. The callback to the earlier paragraph about fifteen-year-old!Sirius was also excellent, considering that was a time he felt happy. All in all, I really enjoyed this fic.
AHighAndLonesomeSound chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Wow. Just... wow. You got Sirius exactly in character, and you managed to conjure up so much of the fear and guilt that Harry can see is eating away at him in Order of the Phoenix. As for the ending, I think it's perfect. It was also really touching that Sirius had noticed how little Harry laughs.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
I think you've captured the multiple layers of Sirius' feeling well. It is often overlooked how depressive this period was for Sirius. The ambiguous feelings towards everyone else, how he views them with contempt but knows deep down that he isn't being fair to them when he does that, is very realistic.
"Remus and Harry were all he had now." Ahh, do I detect a hint of WolfStar? ;-)
You don't need to worry about the ending. I thi k you wrapped it all up nicely and it contrasts sharply with what we know is coming his way, but in that moment he has hopes and everything and..
MissWitchx chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Really, you shouldn't worry about the ending; I thought it was perfect. I love the way you captured all of the different layers of Sirius' emotions, and I thought the way you described Harry's likenesses to his parents through Sirius was great, too. I always felt sorry for him in OoTP, being basically free but still imprisoned. This was a really well-written and interesting insight.
erm31323 chapter 1 . 5/10/2014
This was just, wow. I love Sirius and I think you've written him so well here. The feelings of being trapped and not being able to contribute are expressed perfectly, as is his worry for Harry. This is exactly how I imagined he reacted to being stuck in Grimmauld that year. Really well done!