Reviews for Lessons From My Father
kittykawaii4 chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
I absolutely love this chapter
It is quite a surprise way for Vegeta to find out that she's a half-saiyan
Hope you update soon XD
nancy103 chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
So good! I feel badly for all four of them. Nappa would love to protect a female Royal, Raditz would love to get the full truth, and Vegeta wants to protect her but may miss her too.
But let's be honest, unless she ends up going to Namek, things are not going to pan out as planned.
narcissaromanov1918 chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
I like the relationship. It's sad that bra going to left on her owm
foxyrules chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
Aw I was hoping when Vegeta finally tried to alpha bra that she would be able to out alpha him. It would make sense that she could because she is so much stronger than he is, and the head of the house would naturally be the strongest and somewhat expected that the children surpass their parents. I hope you don't completely write it off as an option.

I don't think it's their actual age difference that bothers people; it's their theoretical age difference right now she is 15 but technically she is negative 20 which makes their age gap closer to 40 years so he would be 55 if they both existed in her time. You also have to deal with what her arc will be getting back home; if she stays will she eventually run into herself and never avenge her family? If she goes, and raditz stays (and if he would then exist in her time or not) what would have been the point? Or you would have that 40 yr gap,eww? He could go with her, but Vegeta would kick his ass and he would be soooo much weaker than everyone else he would be as bad as yamcha.

I'm wondering if she will run into the pst version of those aliens who killed everyone? Also when is she going to say F &$" this and go off script. She needs a guide to shed some light on her options.
pokefan777 chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
That was incredible! I was supposed to go to sleep for school but now I'm too hyper after reading your latest chapter. I can't wait for more!
Trashpoptragedie chapter 21 . 9/29/2016
I think Trunks/Pan and Goten/Bra are usually more accepted when Bra or Pan are both at least 18. I almost forgot about this story and when I saw the recent update, I almost cried. This is one of my favorite works of fiction ever. Not just fanfiction. And this chapter merely cemented that with the attention to characters, plots, details. Your Saiyan folklore is beyond anything. Like I don't even care about DBZ canon folklore in comparison. Yours is rich and imaginative.
Hugodrax chapter 20 . 9/14/2016
Sorry, got kicked off the post, this is Hugodrax!Welcome back, I'm glad to see that you've returned and wow, in what order too. I liked how in many ways we learned another important lesson from Bra, from her father Vegeta. It was cool, how she learned to show no fear, I liked how you had her join a debate club, I also thought it was funny how Bra, was getting picked on by a bully named Bindur; who I was shocked got to her so much that she failed her first debate in the class. When you had Bra, a nervous mess, I felt bad for her because I think we all know, what that bullied position felt like in one time or another. What's more she was stressing it...but cue Vegeta, who you had take notice of Bra's worries. I liked how you had Vegeta, tell her daughter to show no fear, always be confident and sure of yourself. In that way no one can bully you. I loved how you had Bra, apply that during the next debate in the class, which then she properly schooled Bindur, and won the debate. What you did afterwords was even better, I liked how you had Bra, speak to Bindur, who was openly mocking her, and I loved how she laid it on thick that Bindur, liked her. I loved how you ended that part with no one bothered Bra, after that time. When you had things back in the present, I loved how Bra, still towered over Nappa, but then it had to quickly change as their fight(as we all knew...at least hopefully) wasn't going to go unnoticed. So, when Vegeta, Raditz, and Zoda, along with all her men in tow, it was going to be something else. What shocked me was how in that small moment, you gave the great detailed thought of Nappa, practically discovering Bra's lineage. I liked how you had him ponder everything from her attitude to facial structure, and along with the fact of who gave birth to her. It was just a great surreal moment. On top of that, since he does know part of her lineage, I thought it was interesting how he developed the mindset to protect her!? Wow, didn't see that coming, the fact he made up the lie that they were attacked by one of Zoda's men was shocking enough. You made the situation a dire one however, with no one in the area believing their story, the way that Nappa, had to beg Vegeta, to go along with the ruse was proof enough. When that had happened, Nappa, Bra, along with Raditz, went to the med bay. It got hair raising though when you had Zoda, start tossing around the accusations, on what really happened. Then you did the genius thing of mirroring your opening and having Vegeta, use his talking skills, showing no fear in front of Zoda, and her men. The fact that he even still insinuated that Zoda, had something to do with an attack on his team was just awesome! Way to play it up, Vegeta! Then when everyone was in the med bay, the way it turned for the worse, was something I didn't see. The way Vegeta, came running in and throttling Nappa. Geeza, talk about vicious! The way you had the bald man turning purple, with him just suffocating was a tough read. Bra, thinking of preserving her time line jumped in, but when you had it that she just didn't want to have Nappa, die...that was another eye opener moment. With both Nappa's and Bra's efforts, they were able to get Vegeta, to release his choke hold, but then...the slap to Bra's face, dang! The fact that it hurt Bra, so was hard enough, but with this being the old Vegeta, and the next step was going to be killing his future daughter, it was just an entertaining, but hard read to fathom. When Nappa, and Raditz, bowed to their prince to spare Bra's life I was shocked, with both reasons now important to Raditz, and Nappa, they have to do what they can to protect her. I also thought that it was funny that the other thing holding Vegeta, back was the bond that he made with her. When Vegeta, just left ticked off, I was wondering myself what had happened. Usually he kills when he's mad...but uh-oh, changes taking place. Which makes me wonder, has Bra, already affected the future of the time line unknowingly, or is she putting the events into place. But, this leads me to one thing, how is this going to play on Nappa, and Raditz? But either way, when Bra, started crying, I liked how both Saiyans started arguing amongst themselves for who made “Bulla” cry. I loved how you made that a tension breaker, and got Bra, to calm down, plus also laugh at the two men. When both Radtiz, and Nappa(who was starting to show Bra, the kindness based on the loose royal lineage), started healing Bra, I liked how both men, got to talking with her. It was nice for all the characters in this scene to just talk and clear the air, plus also talk about why Vegeta, did what he did to Bra. Plus, I loved how once again, even though Raditz, was down played in this chapter I liked how Nappa, reminded him of how Bra, called off their union; thus keeping the wonderful tension between Raditz, and his partners. The montage of Vegeta, seething and eating alone, then follwing it up by beating some men in the PTO, was great. All the meanwhile you have Vegeta, wondering why he spared Bra. I can't wait to see how that plays on his mind. When you had Bra, and the others find out that Zoda, made the call to Frieza, I was like dear god, crap just hit the fan. When the meeting took place, it was as we expected...the Saiyans, bowing to every whim of the Arcosian. Bra, being afraid of looking at him, Zoda, loving every minute of what was happening. When Frieza, had asked Bra, questions and she meekly answered them, I was not shocked at the nex result. Exactly like Bra, felt...break her arm? Wow, we all knew Frieza, would've enjoyed watching the torturous display of master and servant. So, when you had Bra challenge the Arcosian, I was just in shock! The communication skill, no fear shown, the bold confidence, and even throwing Zoda, under the bus was the best. Plus, Frieza, seemed to relish the challenge. But, the fact I didn't see was that Frieza, wanting to see them all? Oh dear...but hey it did get them what they wanted. Only the fact was is that Frieza, and Zarbon(yay!), made the connection between Bra, hacking the communications room, I think...either way not a good result. When Bra, and the others were getting ready to leave, once again feeling run rampant as Vegeta, wants Bra's death, for not falling into Frieza's hands, plus with the screwing up. I got to say though I liked how Raditz, was going to defend his deep love with his life. Along with Nappa, who once again is caring for her as well as repaying her debts. When Bra, even spoke up and said she'd fix the mess I'd believe it. Vegeta, is going to let her come with and do as she pleases. Apparently she and the others are on their own. This was such an awesome chapter, so much tension and good story brewing; I can't wait for the next one!
Guest chapter 20 . 9/14/2016
Ameban chapter 20 . 9/10/2016
Oh! I'm so happy to see this story isn't abandoned or just given up. To find out a new alert on my inbox has been a very pleasant surprise. I'm not used to see Bra' stories where she's portrayed like this, only the typical teen romance between her/(insert a name)... But this is different. I guess there is a huge gap between Vegeta's brats life on Earth and his previous life as Freeza' soldier.
Since the previous chapter finished under such cliffhanger, I only could imagine what could happen the next, and I knew Bra' searchs didn't pass unnoticed, but I didn't guess it would be Freeza who finds out about those. The scuffle between Freeza and Bra was princiless, but also kind of creepy. You caught Freeza's behaviour really well.
On the other hand, I didn't know how Nappa was going to react. I had guessed he was about to question Raditz about her and how much he knows about her. I like when Nappa calls "boy" to Raditz; I always thought Nappa thinks on Raditz as some short of kiddo, and even if you say the opposite, I think Nappa did care for Raditz in a way.
I look forward the next chapter, and meanwhile, on dA, there is a little gif for you: /fav. me / daa938f (delete the blanc spaces).
Guest chapter 20 . 9/9/2016
So great to get another chapter! I love this story to bits! Great chapter! I can't wait for more!
FireStorm1991 chapter 20 . 9/7/2016
Wow this was a really long chapter...I was not expecting Frieza to find out about what Bulla was looking for. This is going to be very bad. Somehow, the truth has to come out, and hopefully she'll finally tell at least one of them considering that they might be her only key to getting back. Seriously, I can't tell what the end game for this story will be and I can't even think about any solid possibilities. Good luck writing. Glad to see you're back.
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 20 . 9/7/2016
Your writing has gotten a lot tighter since you've been gone. Good job! I really like the direction and pacing you've been giving this story.

Thank you for sharing! This is really lovely, and I hope to hear from you again, soon! (No pressure, of course.)
nancy103 chapter 20 . 9/5/2016
Welcome back! And what a great chapter too! So many things in this chapter were well done... The banter between Frieza and Bulla, the way you applied,the lesson from the beginning of the chapter that not only Bulla used but also Vegeta, and also the way you have written Nappa now that he has almost put two and two together. It will be interesting what happens when they do meet him. I wonder if that will be the climax of this story? I wonder if time will run out! But then you mentioned Namek and I think there is more that can happen here. Great work!
patriziapalmas1973 chapter 20 . 9/5/2016
Non ci posso credere, ho pregato per l'aggiornamento . Grazie
Storia stupenda .
Ciao.
Ps .
Spero di non aspettare un altro anno , questa è finora la migliore fanfiction che ho mai letto.
Ciao dall'Italia.
leneypoo chapter 20 . 9/4/2016
I was so shocked to see the update in my inbox but I'm glad because I decided to re-read the entire fic. The refresher of how awesome this fic is highly appreciated.

Love how Bra was able to get around Frieza playing his sadistic games. Especially since later we found out that Frieza wasn't going to let her die, at least not until they figured out how she was able to hack into his systems.
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »