Reviews for Lessons From My Father
Hugodrax chapter 3 . 4/19/2015
Another good chapter, I feel so sad for Bra, right now and I like how she is out on her own trying to survive. I like how her memoirs mirror the story you create too; I think that is awesome! Can't wait to see what is in store next.
Hugodrax chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
Very good, you have a nice sense of writing. I can't wait to see where this "Boss" guy brought Bra, and what trouble she will find next.
Mira chapter 16 . 4/19/2015
I literally gasped out loud multiple times during this chapter. You are an amazing writer. I feel bad for Nappa!
LeChick chapter 16 . 4/19/2015
I can't think of an emotion I didn't feel reading through this. I love bra so much here. She is such a badass, but you can tell she is young and largely innocent. That was conveyed beautifully here. I do like Raditz and I hope he will find out just who she really is, but I like them as star-crossed lovers who just were not meant to be (I see him having a very depressing death scene... I know it's going to happen and I will sad T.T). The culture clash theme that has permeated this piece so far climaxed really well here too.
This fic makes me happy :)
Hugodrax chapter 1 . 4/19/2015
Interesting and great start to the story, can't wait to see what happens next. Also shocking that you had all the remaining Saiyans killed off by these guys. I wonder if Bra's feelings will change about them when she finds out about Vegeta's past.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/19/2015
Vegeta's fatherly instincts kicking in without realizing it. I freakin love this fic!
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 16 . 4/19/2015
Ya know, I was wavering about whether or not I really ship Raditz and Bra together, but after this chapter, I think I do. And, oh man, the angst! Give a girl a warning next time!

I also felt bad for Nappa in this chapter. Granted, this is prolly because I have a soft spot for him anyway.

One thing: acid low pH level. So your sentence about the pH level of the soil was confusing?
ssjbura-briefs chapter 16 . 4/19/2015
I was never a fan of the romance aspect of the story anyways; also you have me curious as to bra's power levels as the highest rated power level for Captain ginyu is 240,000 when powered up to max but the rest of the team powers fall between 19,000(gildo)-71,000(Recoome) how come she doesn't believe she can fight two at once maybe not captain ginyu and some one else but certainly the rest of the crew, If fully powered up she can face and maybe beat Ginyu
Guest chapter 14 . 4/18/2015
Awesome! Update fast plzz
btpiggy chapter 15 . 4/11/2015
i started reading with the intention of reading a couple of chapters then going to sleep. 10 chapters later...arrg. I have to be at work in 4 hours. Curse this addicting read. seriouslyy keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 15 . 4/6/2015
This chapter was awesome and amazing and OMG!
First thing I have to say about this chapter is, well I'm going to sound like a total dork, but I have to say it.
OMG SENPAI NOTICED ME! I mean everything I mentioned with the whole sharing about their home lives and trusting Raditz when they're alone and the whole Raditz protect/supporting her when she can't thing is just so *Fangirl squeals* XD OMG! I still can't believe it! This is so amazing that I was actually helpful with my ramblings. Unless you thought of some of that too, then I'll probably sound like a total ass. Oh well, great minds think alike right?
Anyway, with that out of my system, onto real business. First off, I would like to apologize for my last reviews for being a bit choppy. I had made a list of some of the things I wanted to review about, so that I would ramble less, and then I went back and elaborated my short list so that's why it's like that. I realized it was like that after I went to delete my pre-written review and felt like a total idiot for it. I also realized that I kind of screwed up when I said she's used everything from her birthday. I kind of focused on the watch and earrings that I totally forgot about the dress and the spa tickets. I mean who would put a dress in their backpack on their way to school. Lol, such an idiot. But it was also cool to see you mentioned the spa tickets.
Anyway, I wasn't expecting a lesson like that. I also thought it was impossible for them to get sick, and never would've thought it possible if not for this fanfic. I mean looking back on it, it makes total sense for bacteria to mutate and eventually effect them. I've never read that in a DBZ fanfic before so this was awesome! Out of all of the lessons I thought we'd learn about, I was not expecting this one, and after reading it I was at first confused yet excited to see how this chapter would play out, and as usual I wasn't disppointed. Not that I'm ever disappointed with you, everything you write is well thought out and breathtaking and amazing and awesome and I could go one for days how awesome you are!
I kind of doubt nobody at the PTO noticed when the asteroid went missing, or all of the people on the planet suddenly died. It makes me think that maybe the pods or the information given to their squad is obsolete. It wouldn't surprise me if Freeza gives the saiyans shitty equipment on purpose. It would also make sense why Nappa hasn't gotten a bigger pod or something. I mean, if I remember correctly, Burter is like twice Nappa's size so his pod must be bigger or roomier. Then again, being that he's on the Ginyu force and not a "dirty monkey" might give him special treatment enough to have his customized. Also I was wondering about the scouters, do you think they work more like cell phones where you talk to someone one-one-one or like a two-way radio with multiple people? I mean cause if it's like the latter than anyone could overhear them talk. Also, is it like that too for the squad bond? Like could they have a three-way call if they wanted to or do each of them have individual squad bonds with each other? That also reminds me of Raditz and Bra's bond? I looked at the different bonds you created a long while ago and I remember there were a lot; I mean, I know it's not a mate bond nor a kin bond, so does that make it a squad bond or something?
I loved the Raditz comforting Bra part! It was so cute! I also though it was interesting how he called her "Love" and she didn't notice; I mean, since througout the chapter she feels weird about him doing stuff like that at other times. Maybe she was just too scared and worried to really notice, or maybe she just doesn't mind? Oh well, it was still so cute and sweet! I wonder how many times he can get away with saying it until she notices and tells him to stop? Oh, and the part where he asks about her home life was just perfect! Lol, he's such a smooth talker, and the awkward birthday thing was really funny too! It also helped me realize how long it's been; I mean, I almost forgot about the deadline completely. So there's no beauty spa's in space? Kind of weird, but then again not surprising, then again their guys and saiyans too so it wouldn't be surprising if there are some and they've just never been to one. Either way, I guess that means there's no hot springs either like I mentioned in one of my reviews. Oh well, a girl can dream.
I also really loved the part where Raditz talked about his family. It was beautiful and I felt so bad for him, especially when he wished to meet his brother. I mean he's so sweet about it, and when he actually does meet Goku his own brother practically disowns him. I mean, ya he was a dick to Goku first, but it's still a shame that he was never brought back to life. I mean it's easy to distance yourself from someone you barely know, but he was still family. I guess not everyone's perfect, not even Goku. Sorry that was a bit of rant and off topic. Anyway, so Raditz isn't aware that Goku is alive? Interesting, I wonder if Bra will somehow be the one to tell him his brother is alive? That and my little rant kind of made me notice that in the future they don't really talk about Raditz. I mean, she knows he's Goku's brother and served under her father, and his death triggers other events, but I wonder if she was ever told the whole story about him. I mean, she knows he worked with her dad, is Goku's brother, and was killed by Piccolo. Later on in a chapter she realized that Raditz is a killer; despite how nice he is towards her. I guess I'm wondering if she knows why Piccolo killed Raditz, and what are her thoughts about him now, after she has seen his compassion for her and how he sincerley feels about his family, compared to in earlier chapters?
Anyway, I also really loved the sniffing scene. It goes back to what I was saying about one step forward two steps back thing. It really balances it out, plus it was so cute! The lesson made me think one of them was going to get sick, but holy shit was I not expecting nuked planet! It's awesome! So the scene with Nappa kind of makes me wonder if flying around in a tiny pod has made him claustrophobic over the years? I also liked the next scene with Vegeta. It gave great insight about him and makes him more relatable and realistic, even if he is going crazy. I mean as their leader their lives, and his own, are his responsibility and he's expected to be perfect and have all the answers, but he doesn't. The whole scene was great and amazing! I super really love the part when Raditz helps Bra while she's sick; so fucking cute!
I wonder if there's any dead bodies on the planet? I mean since it almost seems like the planet's inhabitants died off a long time ago and not recently, so there wouldn't be any, unless it was somewhat recent. If they've been dead a long time that would also go well with the whole obsolete equipment/information thing. Yet as much as that makes sense, I kinda want Bra to encounter a dead body/pile of bones or two. Anyway, I also love the scene where Vegeta goes crazy again at the thought of dying on that planet! It's both creepy and understandable given the situation. And the whole holding onto Raditz tighter because Vegeta is scary like that was amazing and great, and cute and just all around AWESOME! That and it's fun to see Vegeta go crazy. I also loved how it sort of reminded Bra that this isn't her dad and that she can't depend on him like she used to do.
OMG Bra's getting to show off her smarts! That's so amazing! I love it when she's smart. I bet the boys, or at least Nappa will start to respect her now. I mean Nappa will still hate her but hopefully he'll at least recognize that she's useful. Anyway, Wooooo Girl Power! It's also great that she's pulling her own weight in the group. This kind of makes me think about what Raditz's role is in their squad. I mean Vegeta's the smart leader/most powerful, Nappa is the strength/tracker, Bra is like a technician, and then there's Raditz. Maybe he's good at scouting, being sneaky, or just the third class that they make do things they don't want to do. No offense to Raditz, but I've always wondered why they keep him around if he's so weak? I wonder if he has an actual skill or if they keep him alive as a sense of duty or because he's more loyal to Vegeta and not Freeza? Anyway, poor Raditz tricked again. Hopefully the next time they're alone she'll confide in him about something she didn't trick him about. Oh and the whole scene of Raditz helping her back to the pods, carrying her bridal style, I almost died from happiness! I'm a little surprised about the part where she hasn't had other guys dote on her before...then again if they're assholes like that Bass guy or if she wasn't interested in them then I can kind of see how they never got the chance. I loved the part where she gives Vegeta sass! More sassyness please...although maybe when Vegeta is more stable, cause more sass could get herself killed in her weakened state. I loved the part when Bra was kidding about the holoscreen! His awkwardness to the situation is so cute, but also kind of sad that he never got the chance to make jokes like that with friends. Well...Vegeta and Nappa aren't really his friends, so I guess that makes sense. Their lives must be so boring, maybe that's why they enjoy killing so much, then again maybe not. :P Idk. Anyway, I get the feeling Nappa's never going to like Bra, is he? Oh well, I wonder if she'll at least gain his respect a little after saving their asses? Also, love how Raditz gets jealous again, and the part where they are fighting about who should get left behind was hilarious! Well, the part where Nappa yelled back at Raditz was funny. I've never heard someone say you got them by the balls before! Lol I'm still laughing a little at that. And then when Vegeta tried to blow up his ship up was cool too. Lol, he really needs to control his temper. If that
GreenOnBlack chapter 15 . 4/4/2015
great story so far! Keep up the great work! I look forward to whatever comes next.
Morisako83 chapter 15 . 3/31/2015
Awesome chapter as always. I hate to sound like Bulma from Dragon Ball but just one little kiss from Raditz to Bra please lol. I never thought I would ship these two but now I do think to you . Is Bra going to tell Raditz anything else about what to come to save him or tell Vegeta . Nappa seen the way Bra act like Vegeta . Let hope they can get off this horrible plant and move on .
MsWagnerGrant chapter 15 . 3/30/2015
Once again wonderfully tied into the lesson. Love your writing style, patiently waiting for the next chapter.
nancy103 chapter 15 . 3/30/2015
Great chapter!
Why do I get the feeling that she IS changing the timeline and that all of their lives will indirectly change?
And hoping she comes through with the pods. I wonder of she and Raditz can go into a pod together should one pod not get fixed?
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »