Reviews for Lessons From My Father
Guest chapter 21 . 10/13/2016
Wow, what another chapter Xilomari! I can't believe the situation for Bra! I like how we got her idea of how to concede. She was trying to fly as fast and as good as Goten, Trunks, and Pan! I liked how she wanted to keep going but her father urged her to stop, which then she learned she was truly fatigued. I liked how Bra, question Vegeta, on this too, and as he simply put he had to learn the hard way! Which is we all know can suck! But, I liked how you applied this to the actual story again, and it was very clever with what you did! I liked the planet Kanaan, it was definitely a beautiful planet that was lush, plus the native Jaakobin, reminded me of humming birds it was that cool! But, considering how you made these people a flying feathered species it wasn't hard to see why. What I enjoyed was how all the Saiyans, were introduced by their titles. Vegeta, with the highest standing being a prince, Nappa, the General, Raditz, the lowly Third Class, and then Bra, Just Along for the Ride. Lol. Yraamda, was an interesting form of governor, I liked how we learned as the story progressed when all the Saiyans were having dinner, that Yraamda, was having trouble with insurgents, you did make him quite the fearing push over. Although, with Vegeta, there it is hard to see why. I did like the conversation between Bra, and the feathered Poolami, I liked how they were talking about births. I liked how when Poolami, asked how Bra, with her mammal kind can give birth in their stomachs? I liked how the conversation escalated and she brought up an egg through the “hooha!” The vision of the stares was just priceless, especially Nappa, and Raditz, who paused to look at Bra. I couldn't believe that another argument over Bra, started out with Nappa and Raditz. I thought it was a funny thing, how Nappa, was offering Bra, some meat, and then Raditz, offered the fruit. It was a quick funny moment; but then that's when the insults between the two men started. Nappa, shoving in Raditz, face about how Bra, rejected him in his courtship of love, then Raditz, with his honor to Bra, over how everyone else treats her bad, and how he only cares for her. It was just too much for Bra, so when just asked in Earth, language instead of Galactic Standard to be dismissed from the table by her “Daddy.” I was just like her shocked! It was just a tense moment with everyone looking at her, you played it off beautifully. But luckily she was safe. So after the tense moment and she was excused, I couldn't blame her when she got to her awesome nest of a lavish room to unwind, but ultimately she was stuck in the future past of her time. Who knew that her taking a shower would be a precursor for her down turn this chapter. When Vegeta, was done talking to the governor, I liked how he, Nappa, and Raditz, went to talk in his office. It was awesome for Vegeta, to deduce that the governor hadn't delt with the insurgency because of the possibility of spies being in his organization. I like how he, Nappa, and Raditz, will deal with them on the front, but then Bra, has to feed the Jaakobin, false information to trick the insurgents? Given how she has handled these last few missions by a thread...can she lead another group to slaughter? But, the next part was shocking and a bit fun too. I liked when Vegeta, failed to get a contact from Bra, he just mistakenly barged into Bra's bathroom while she was getting dressed. I liked how she threw the soaps at him, which was so powerful she dented a wall. “Lesson learned Vegeta, never walk in on a girl naked.” I liked how even felt embarrassed, that was until he saw her tail scar. When he barged back into the bathroom and shoved Bra, up against the wall and put pressure on the scar; so much so that it hurt her. Which that is what I loved, even with the tail removed that part of their body can still incapacitate them. Behold, just grab Goku's bare back, and he's yours lol! Either way, his theory about Bra, was confirmed that she was at least part Saiyan. So, when he called the others to him, I liked how Nappa, was concerened and Raditz, was outright terrified. It just sucked that on his way to check on Bra, both he and Bra, were put under the painful Call of the Alpha. I liked too how Vegeta, questioned everyone, he was a little shocked with Nappa, but understood why he kept the information to himself, and with Raditz, the shocking and confusing thought that he knew for half a year. Plus the way he tortured Raditz, to get the information, just made me feel sad for the long haired warrior. The same also goes for Bra, the way Vegeta, mocked soothed her, while putting her in the Call, just left me disgusted, but this is Vegeta, before his change after all. Which is why when Vegeta, was forcing the family information from here and Bra, had to concede, I liked how she gave the half truth. The mothers side of Vegeta's family! Just clever! I liked how Vegeta, and Nappa, were confused, but they initially bought it! However, I like how you have Raditz, putting the puzzle together, he buys the family story of her from Malakvus, but he knows she is hiding more because of the little snippet he heard from the rejection. I have a feeling you may have Raditz, find out the truth about Bra, but he won't betray her, I think he will keep her secret; which in long sight I will hope it can change Raditz, for the better and he joins the forces of good. But, I wonder what will go down with Vegeta, not wanting Bra, to follow them to Frieza's because of the danger she poses to all four(meaning herself included). Now, with the mission looming close, can and will she fill her role? I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm in tense mode waiting to see what happens; especially with the huge reveal of this chapter!
Reader chapter 21 . 10/12/2016
The whole story was simply enchanting.. really couldn't take my eyes off it the pairing is awesome .only wish bulla had told the complete truth of coming from the future
Alexandria Starke chapter 21 . 10/3/2016
And the plot thickens.

I really like this story, keep up the good work.
cherryvampiress chapter 21 . 10/3/2016
To be honest, the age difference never bothered me as much as it probably should. I've honestly shipped much weirder couples like Radditz/Puar (Courtesy of Vengeance written by catgirl26), so I didn't think twice about hopping on the Bradditz ship. But is it bad that I'm hoping you're setting up the story to where Future Vegeta and Present Vegeta meet, I'd LOVE to see that moment play out. If you can make this moment happen I'll give you my soul.
Jellybean chapter 21 . 10/1/2016
I love this story like crazy! I can't wait to see more chapters. I always wonder what's going to happen with Bra returning to the future or possibly staying in the past. Keep up the fantastic work! I am looking forward to the next chapter.
JemDragons chapter 21 . 10/1/2016
Yeah, I always thought that was weird. That kind of age gap is acceptable when you're past thirty but before that it's creepy and in your teens it's borderline sleezy. Never shipped those pairings either. I cope with this one, though, because I like the story.
iluvbvdbz chapter 21 . 10/1/2016
ahhhh sooo so good
ryokothedemoncaller chapter 21 . 10/1/2016
This is well done. Not only is it well written grammatically and stylistically, you've touched on two of my favorite plots items that seem to get pushed aside by Toriyama. The telepathy is to some degree cannon. I can think of at least one instance where I can remember it being used without a deity facilitating the exchange. This ability is sorely underutilized. After Gohan uses it to communicate (unknowingly) with his mother post Raditz/pre-Vegeta, I can't recall it being used. Though, I could be mistaken. It's been a few years since I've gone through the entirety of the cannon.

I also love how well you've fleshed out the Saiyajin customs. I think that the choice not to include more information in the original cannon was an oversight, but I love it when a good fanfic author expands on the Saiyajin culture in a new way.

Plus I love a good "Raditz and Nappa interact with the next generation" fic.

Good work. I almost never review anymore but I had to review this and express my appreciation. I look forward to your next installment.
Theisaryz Eufuelle chapter 21 . 10/1/2016
Oh this is getting so good. The Interview (which I have read some Trunks version of) is so clever. I love it. I don't mind the Raditz/Bra because I'm much more open to Bra's relationship than like say Raditz/Bulma (which gives me shivers). I guess next stop is Namek! I love this fanfic so much!
Red4Angel chapter 21 . 9/30/2016
again I have to say that YOU ARE THE BEST! I really love this story. Everything is perfect and incredible. I don't know how you came up with this. Everything from the smallest detail to the biggest one is so...unbelievable. I can't wait to read the next chapter and see what happens next. Will this really be their last time together?
As for Radditz and Bra; they seem to be attracted to each other. I wonder if there's any way that they could end up with each other.
DarkMonkey511 chapter 21 . 9/30/2016
So, Vegeta finally knows. I was actually afraid for a second she was going to admit she was from the house Vegetus. Glad to see she found the way to avoid it.
Vegeta continuous to be a jerk, as per usual. Though, he does seem to have softened down a bit since learning Bra was related to his mother. Speaking of his mother, I am glad we finally found out her name. I was reading your story that deals with young King Vegeta and kept wondering who Vegeta's mother was and if she had appeared in the story. I find it very interesting that she is from the Malvakyl tribe, as I remember they didn't get along with Vegeta's tribe.
Personally I don't mind the age difference between Raditz and Bra. For some reason most stories with Bra's love interest have her with someone way older than her. I must admit, your story has made me really like them as a couple. I do wonder, however is their story going to develop more. Right now there seems to be attraction there, but nothing has really happened. It would be nice if we saw some romantic moments between the two of them.
mugu chapter 21 . 9/30/2016
Damn, this story only gets better every chapter you write. I am astonished by the amount of details you put in your work, also as the research done in the india language to translate the better experience possible to the reader. I cannot wait to know what is happening next. Your story is by far one of the best I've ever read before. Even original novels are not as gripping as your piece of art.
OokamiMoon chapter 21 . 9/30/2016
Well I was pleasantly surprised when bra got out of the trouble of being forceed to say what house is was from and she pulled it of somewhat. I really want to know is how long before vegeta finds out the truth. Before, after or during Frieza? Anyway I look forward to the next chapter. Don't stop writing you have written a amazing story!
Dailydour chapter 21 . 9/30/2016
Great chapter. Loved the end, even though I wanted them to find out she was from house vegetus, but that's just personal impatience. I actually enjoy the raditz/bra pairing. Very different, but I think you've written it out well.
ShanniC chapter 1 . 9/29/2016
Just when I think that you can't surpass the greatness of this story, each subsequent chapter is a masterpiece. I love where you are taking us and I cannot wait until Vegeta and the rest learn of Bra's true heritage as his daughter, but I am glad that at least Vegeta knows that Bra is of saiyan blood. Great job as always!
505 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »