Reviews for Longing With a Cherry Tomato on Top
CPO Backstreet chapter 28 . 5/13
It's a well-written story with good characterisation of Rory and Paris but...there's a lot of anger in it. Some of it seems to be directed at society, some of it at the show, with a disproportionate amount of it being taken out on mostly male characters who bear only a passing resemblance to their on screen portrayal, which seems to have got worse as I suspect you liked the show less and less. (Dean has gone from a good first boyfriend who just wasn't right for Rory long-term to a violent thief who cheated on Rory throughout their relationship and never loved her anyway. And now, incredibly, seems to be just another entitled rich kid? It feels like you really want to bash on Logan but can't find a way to have him in the story, so you've turned Dean into him.)

There is a lot to recommend in this, like the slow burn set-up (although you've made up for it since!) and turning Madeleine and Louise into three-dimensional characters. But there are several reasons why it's not been an easy read so I won't be hanging out for an update, I'm afraid.
garnmcgaughn chapter 28 . 3/16/2018
Finally managed to get around finishing this one :). As stated in my message to you partly. The visitor seemed to take up a lot of the story. I think my thoughts on this possibly stem from the feeling the story should be wrapping up soon. Rory’s talk at the start now seems ignored or forgotten. Ending with another revealing flashback which seems to be a common theme to change the pace. At least this time it slowed things down heh
garnmcgaughn chapter 27 . 3/15/2018
Great chapter with the trial and POV changes and everything great flow.
garnmcgaughn chapter 26 . 3/14/2018
Another great chapter just adding more and more to it just wow. I had a feeling about Louise but also there was defiantly more. Looking forward to the next chapter.
garnmcgaughn chapter 25 . 3/14/2018
Another great read, love the tie up of the weekend and the start of quite an interesting week for sure.
garnmcgaughn chapter 24 . 3/14/2018
Another great chapter. I wasn’t too sure about the starting teaser at first. I was worried about it not tying well enough into the story. Chris in a few ways I thought might have been too over the top with his feelings. Just seemed too out there to have had it ignored for so long.
garnmcgaughn chapter 23 . 3/13/2018
Wow, what a deep and meaningful chapter. Lots in it without any drag or fill but full of well flowing material.
garnmcgaughn chapter 22 . 3/13/2018
Omg haha soo when Ms Peters walked up to Paris I was like omg if she mentioned the dark room but was disappointed when she didn’t but you made up for that in leaps and bounds later! Omg that was awesome. Great read
garnmcgaughn chapter 21 . 3/13/2018
Wow! What a chapter. I wasn’t keen on the start of it basically giving away drama coming in the household even if it was pretty predictable. Maybe a less detailed tease into the chapter? Just from that I know how things would likely turn out.
garnmcgaughn chapter 20 . 3/12/2018
Haha loved this chapter and madi and everything. The endingwas great as well with Lori coming in and Paris freaking out. Really looking forward to the next chapter. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow again so it will have to wait :(
garnmcgaughn chapter 19 . 3/12/2018
Great continuation. Defiantly loving the POV switches mid chapter keeping the flow goig and throwing Madinin as well is adding a great other view to everything. Loved Lori’s reaction to it all and everything
garnmcgaughn chapter 18 . 3/12/2018
Really well done angst and love how you tossed Madi into the middle a long with Lori
garnmcgaughn chapter 17 . 3/12/2018
Omg haha great, I lovd helnyou switched the POV but kept the story going smoothly on as well. Really great job there.
garnmcgaughn chapter 16 . 3/12/2018
Loving the chapter and omg Paris mom that was golden
garnmcgaughn chapter 15 . 3/11/2018
Great chapter again, you know I was 5inkogn earlier you were talking about your president had wondered if you had any incling on what was coming without realizing it. Looking forward to where this progresses from.