Reviews for A Truth Now Known
Aww this chapter is soo poignant!
Guest chapter 37 . 8/28/2015
Please hurry
Crazy chapter 37 . 8/2/2015
Top story - though I guess I'm not a patient person - I like to get to the end of things. Not so concerned about the fate of Legolas as we all know he must get saved as he and Gimli head to the Undying Land in the 4th Age. - looking forward to seeing the fate of the other characters. Cheers
InOcEnT-schoolgirl chapter 37 . 8/2/2015
Still looking good.
Cant wait for someone to find Legolas though. I do get the feeling that something big is coming though...
Dont keep me suspence too long.
Good luck and happy writing.
H.TITAN chapter 37 . 7/24/2015
Thanks for this great update! I enjoyed more than the recent chapters. However, I guess the pace of the story is a bit slow... It is my idea though, you should do whatever YOU see fit.

I hope we will get more of the plot in next chapters
Jenna chapter 35 . 6/29/2015
I have read your story up till this point and it is by far a well written, well thought out story; however I find it greatly displeasing that you continue to write Legolas as physically weak a character with no hope of rescue nor redemption as you do. Not quite sure where you're going with it, but it continues to look less and less promising! If something doesn't happen in the 'Get-your-shit-together-Legolas-department' I'm afraid I may quit following this story as a favorite pretty soon.

That said, I truly get exponential amounts of amusement with the Father/Son dynamic between Arrai and Thranduil; Fin-(cuz that elf's name is a mouthful; and he's not even real!)-and Arrai/Mirkwood dynamics with the realm Elves of the rest of the Kingdom. Very well written.

I hold reservations on a few ideas as to why the story is playing out the way it is with Key Characters, but hopefully it will cease to continue to be such and undercover Dark Fanfic and start to see 'Redeeming Light' at the end of this gloomy tunnel construction that it feel like presently!

Overall generally-you have great creative artifice and upto this chapter I have truly enjoyed the read! I hope I won't be disappointed with how things might/will end...

(pm me back if you want to I look forward to your response)
InOcEnT-schoolgirl chapter 36 . 6/24/2015
Hey. So far looking good. Just caught up on the last few chapters. Glad to see legolas is trying to fight. I hope he gets gound or escapes soon though.
hope yoh update soon.
happy writing and good luck )
H.TITAN chapter 36 . 6/20/2015
Thank you for your great updates! And thank God you give us a little respite too, I am always wondering what will happen next...

I am glad at least Thranduil knows that he is not treating Arrai fairly, now maybe he can come to himself sooner!
And I am curious about the fate of Legolas and the relationship of Arrai and his fathers!

CRAZY chapter 35 . 6/13/2015
Love the story but like Tolkien when he wrote LOTR story it was a metaphor for the changes he saw in society - he was commenting on the rise of machinery - Saurman and the loss an threat to the natural world represented by the hobbits. When I as commenting on your story I was not commenting specifically about why orcs are disliked and as you termed evil but trying to fundamentally point out that the fault could lie with poor political leadership and how they manipulate information and systems for their own benefit. Lets say an Orc in our present society represent an unemployed criminal who stole money to buy medicine for a sick family member. His punishment is to be put in prison. Why did he become a criminal - poor political and economic systems forced him into this situation. Thus irrelevant of everything else he will always be an orc because he was a criminal. Fundamentally I would see Orcs as the mindless mass who are being manipulated by some unseen power - for me that would represent the mindless masses who continue to support unmanaged capitalism that continues economic slavery for the majority of the world population for the benefit of the minority. This is a situation that has continued for in excess of 2015 years.
Horsegirl01 chapter 35 . 6/9/2015
I liked the battle scene with Arrai. It was very exciting. I am disappointed that you had Legolas turning into an orc though. That always bothers me. I thought it was going to be torture and angst, then hopefully get rescued.:(
H.TITAN chapter 35 . 6/9/2015
Thanks for your fast updates! And for your explanation on Legolas' condition. However, the fact that mentioning Valar and being around elves disturbs him is concerning, it's it?
I am glad at least people in Mirkwood has control over the situation.

FP3 chapter 35 . 6/9/2015
Props for updating so soon!

I like how you showed Legolas' interaction with the other orcs in defense of the elves... And yes it's much clearer to me now. Thank you.

The battle scenes were pretty cool too... Heavy losses though :( but that's just how war works I guess...

Excited :)
CRAZY chapter 34 . 6/8/2015
Excellent I've always enjoyed the LOTR but its based on the perception that is good is always good. If you look at history the victor always have the opportunity to portray themselves as being right. The fact is society should look for balance - be it politics or economics. The problem is society is based on pick a team and back it thereby creating the concept that to be a winner you have to pick the winning team. Always thought the LOTR never explored what was the motivation of Saruman and Sauron in heading the rejected and unwanted. Perhaps Legolas will see the world from another perspective.
The world of LOTR and the world we all live in need leadership that looks for the benefit of all not only their own - species, race and nation - be it elf or orc
FP3 chapter 34 . 6/4/2015

Where do I start... First off that was amazing and after that long wait (Final Exams suck) I was very surprised and pleased to find out that you had updated! YAY! Second off WHAAATTT! I didn't think that they would be able to completely turn Legolas so that surprised me... OMG.

Intrigued and very excited for the next chapter!
H.TITAN chapter 34 . 6/3/2015
Ooohhh my goodness! So Legolas is gone for good?! O_O

The wait for this new chapter was long enough that I had too take a quick look at previous chapter. However, I am glad I got a new chapter at last!