Reviews for One Day
WildMeiLing chapter 1 . 8/29
Lovely. You did a good job of layering each scene with emotional detail - Clarisse's surrender to Joe's attempt to distract her in the ballroom; her restlessness and anxiety in the middle of the night as she looked at her desk, but thought of Joseph. By the time they arrived at the bridge, I was as relieved as Clarisse, reveling in "the little freedom she was given." You described their first kiss in a tantalizing and unhurried way. I like scenes where she gets to escape into some anonymity with Joe, when she can get into a car (not a limousine) and let him drive her away from reality for awhile. I like the fact that she has a bad habit (the cigarettes), and that only Joe sees it - a little bit of rebellion by someone who seems utterly perfect, that's known (if not accepted) by the one person who knows her better than anyone else. And I wonder how often she hears the voice begging her, "Just tonight. Please, just tonight." I'm glad she listened to it. :)
LadyDuchess82 chapter 1 . 2/2
Loved this fic! :)
They are perfect together and you show that!
real mynix chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
I like the idea of her ocasionally smoking.
I think you should continue this one, more time between them. This story have potentionals.
chickenwriter chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Clarisse Elizondo chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
So I read the reviews first and i tend to agree with Little Obsessions about the tense change, it was a bit confusing but i quickly overcame that. I was also unsure about the smoking but I will admit I have never read the book and I was against it, until I saw that in the book she smoked. That being said, I really enjoyed it otherwise. I love that you think outside the box and you weren't afraid to do something different. Keep up the good work :) I can't wait to read more from you.
anikaxx chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
erggjjjerkhge amazingly written. it was so captivating, omg :O
Rxpert chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
This was amazing! Please keep writing!
Gracie'sMom chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
What an enchanting story! Please write more about C & J soon!
Foreverglfan88 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Great job!
Little Obsessions chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Hello there.
I thought this was very good! No, there is nothing wrong with going a little OOC - I quite like the idea of Clarisse smoking lol!

I thought this was well written and dealt with the characters well. My only feedback would be about tense agreement in that you need to firm it up. Because the narrative is so introspective it can be difficult to maintain one tense but the story does benefit from more, in terms of clarity, if you don't shift it unless you really need to. A stream of consciousness narrative is tempting but it's difficult to achieve and we tend to think in past-tense anyway.

All in all an excellent story.
Please keep on writing. You write well!
Veve chapter 1 . 5/12/2014