Reviews for Scour and Cleanse
goldenspringtime chapter 1 . 3/31
usually I'm not fond of Sif but that's usually cause she's written as a very unlikable person it's nice to read a story where she isn't
Potkanka chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Yeah that was pretty creepy how it got brushed off in the episode. Lorelei was just... ugh, I wonder if she appears ever again, maybe even in the next Thor movie, and if they acknowledge what she's doing because they can't just hide her crimes behind the fact that it was a woman who raped men. No matter who does it or who's the victim, it's just wrong wrong wrong and disgusting.
If this fic was canon, I wonder what would happen that they actually let her live. And that no-one killed her anyway if given the opportunity (for example a guard in the dungeon, by "accident"... because there would be so many of her victims or frineds of her victims that she would be hardly ever safe). And what would Loki want to do with her (Sif was asked by Odin to bring Lorelei back, and Odin is in fact Loki, so Loki wanted her back). There are speculations that they could be accomplices, but if it happened as in this fic, then he would really just want her back in the deepes darkest dungeons Asgard has. I'd personally prefer it that way. Even if we go just by canon, I'd prefer if Loki weren't friends with a rapist, even he must have some standards.
Ah but I really liked Sif in this, supportive, kind, but not soft and sweet, just... Sif. I enjoy it when she has a good relationship with Loki. Sure, that kind of relationship when she happily punches him when he does something stupid, but when she still genuinely cares for him, whether they are just friends or lovers.
Mad Scientist Sidekick chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Wow. I had similar problems with that episode (I'm also writing into one of my fics) and it is so good to see I am not the only one who had those issues. This was very well done ... interesting and good at addressing the issue without being preachy or like a "very special episode" in tone.