Reviews for And the Rest is Silence
Meew3 chapter 1 . 1/20
Cries
PeaceHeather chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Well, now in a soggy emotional wreck, so thanks for that I guess... :) Wow. Just a wrenching story all around. Really well written. Thank you.
Potkanka chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I managed to hold my tears for most of the story but as I was nearing the end I... couldn't anymore. The way you described thier feelings, the way they reacted, the way they were trying to deal with Loki's death, it was all so believable and it hurt so much... Sure I could console myself with the knowledge that Loki's still alive, but... he's broken, and going to be even more, falling towards the darkest moments in his life (and that he was already in a pretty dark place even as he let go), becoming the villain... so there is still something to mourn for, the good life Loki had. But of course, his family doesn't even know he's alive so their mourning is genuine and it does feel like that too. And how.
My greatest consolation is my belief that it takes place in the same continuity as A Day in the Sun and its sequels, i.e. that Loki will get better once again. That everything will be better once again, maybe even better than it was before because now they are no secrets anymore.
But still, at this moment, in this fic, everything just hurts. And you see all the what-ifs, how it might have been all avoided but it's too late now.
(Unless someone writes a fanfic about it...)
Yeah I knew this fic would make me cry but I read it anyway and it didn't disappoint in the least, good job.
Rachelle Lo chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
Oh goodness, so well done. Natural, not overblown, ugly human grief.
Mara-DragonMaster chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Oh… "I thought you dead." "And did you mourn?" How much more powerful those words are with this story behind them! Oh Loki… if only you knew…
I am SO glad you wrote this. I was only just realizing this myself, that Thor went down to earth with a family, hale and whole. A brother who loved him, who came to visit him out of love and to say goodbye (even if later you learned the visit was a lie). And then was killed by that same brother and returned to find a mad creature in his brother's form. That would be so… you'd think you were dreaming, or in a nightmare, or alternate reality, or something.
I loved this. So full of emotion, real words, real grief. Deep and heavy and yet you didn't go overboard with it so that it was unbelievable and melodramatic. It was real, which makes it all the more powerful.
Thank you for sharing!

God bless!
Mara-DragonMaster
jesusfreak100percent chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
This brought tears to my eyes. Very well done. A good description of grief.
pallyndrome chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
This story made me cry! so well done :) I'm wondering if you would continue it through avengers? I've always liked stories where Loki wasn't so evil during the avengers movie - controlled or manipulated and I think it would make a great sequel to this. But, write only what you wish :)