Reviews for Broken Bond
Sammy chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
Whao, Whao. Back the fuck up. Dean is dreaming about suicide now because of what Sam said, but who remembers when Sam said that he was ready to die, and said so when Dean stated he was going to die. Sorry but we have to remember that, Sam lost his girlfriend because of a demon, Sam found out he had something that he truly hated in his veins, he only drank demon blood to get revenge for DEAN. I mean they are both great people and Cas is as well but making Sam the bad guy makes my blood boil. Despite all he has been through he has been fighting, and i understand he wants to die. When Cas came and and made Sam feel bad for Dean's suicidal dreams he didn't knock some sense into Dean about Sam's thoughts he didn't even mention it, that is not loke Cas at all. Castiel cares for BOTH the Winchester's not just Dean. No offense this made 0 sense but keep writing about it if it floats your boat.
soundoftragedy chapter 1 . 10/4/2017
wonderful, than you for writing this
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 9/18/2017
Yes yes yes! Damn Cas was awesome in this! I might be a bit of a Sam basher but I really love when he "gets the sense knocked into him"!
Catalina Leigh chapter 1 . 11/8/2016
"Knocking some sense into you" haha gotta love Cass. Glad he got through that Winchester stubbornness.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
What the Hell? Are you telling me Sam is selfish because he wants to be at peace? I love Dean, but that has NEVER been his call. Dean has forced Sam to stay alive, even when he had the choice to go to Heaven with Jess (the girl who loved, remember her?) and his parents. I honestly believe when Dean was in purgatory, Sam thought he was in Heaven. He wasn't selfish enough to drag his brother out of Heaven, even though Dean did. Another thing, Cas attacking Sam? I don't care what the point was, Sam should have kicked his sorry angel ass. Dean has treated Castiel better than Sam and it's not that hard to see. Breaking the wall in Sam's head? Dean going with Cas, even when he knew Sam was badly hurt? I love Sam, Dean, and Cas. I really do. This, however, did not do ANY of their characters judgement. Oh, and in case you want to say counter my points, my username is BeautifulHalfBlood.
NogadamoBhitia chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
This story made me cry. Good for Cas and his tough love approach. Thanks for writing it.
Joy chapter 1 . 5/18/2014
I would love to see this happen in the show. All I want is for them to "be brother's" again, and it's breaking my heart.

This is so beautifully written and you have captured their characters perfectly. I love "fix" fics and this has made me feel a bit better. Let's just hope they fix it in the finale. Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
There are a lot of things just...sad about this. The first, honest to God, one that comes to mind is that Sam...has no friends. No one cares enough to even bother to wonder how he's doing. Which is just...sad.
Also, Sam as a suicide case? That's up for debate but I don't really think he is because he was dying naturally, his illness was killing him. He wasn't holding a gun to his own head and thinking of pulling the trigger. He was ready to die, yes, but in that natural way. He was ready for peace that he was sure he'd earned and repented for and when he was gone, he didn't want anyone (Dean) doing anything reckless or self-destructive or whatever to bring him back because he loves Dean, and the last thing he'd want to see is Dean stuck in another deal he can't get out of. I THINK (and I'm only guessing, because Sam? So not an open book) Sam might have been really HURT that Dean violated his trust like that. Dean KNEW Sam would NEVER consent to actually being possessed (not again, at least) but he agreed to help Ezekiel/Gadreel possess him anyway -by tricking Sam into it. The angels have a very loose form of consent -I mean, Zachariah tortured both brothers in order for Dean to say yes. Tortured! Sam was not properly informed of what was going to happen to his body (if he were, he wouldn't have agreed) and therefore it was not proper consent. He TRUSTED Dean, trusted Dean with his life, trusted him to make the right call and when Sam was tricked into being possessed THAT'S Dean violating their trust and bond. When Sam said he wouldn't do the same for Dean, perhaps he meant he would not violate Dean's trust like that, wouldn't've tricked him into consenting (you know what the sadder part about that is? LUCIFER is the only one who HASN'T tried to trick Sam), wouldn't have lied, wouldn't have allowed Dean to be violated by the possession (a triple violation by the body, mind, and soul. Dean being the only Winchester to NOT have been possessed (Sam being the only character to be possessed by multiple creatures), I doubt Sam'd want Dean to have a turn) and if Dean were truly ready to let go and die naturally he would've let him. Because he loves his brother enough to do so. Sam wouldn't have gone looking for deals -not with angels, not with demons, not with anything- because he KNOWS where that path leads, he's seen the damage it's done.

Right now? Sam might be suicidal, might want to die, might be just so tried of it all, but he won't tell anyone. He'll internalize it and do you wanna know why? Because now there's work to be done. Now he has to repent (again) for what Gadreel did in his body. Namely killing Kevin. Dean can say it's on him until he's blue in the face, but Sam believes it's HIS fault just as much as DEAN believes it's his fault.

Sam doesn't have an attitude -he's HURT. Dean has hurt him. Dean ALLOWED an angel (a shady as all Holy Hell angel) to possess Sam. In fact, he volunteered Sam himself. And Sam is hurting because of that. Worse yet, BECAUSE Dean volunteered Sam, Sam doesn't have ANYONE who he can talk to. The other times he's been possessed, DEAN was there to tell him it was going to be okay in some form or another. DEAN was there for him to listen and comfort his brother. NOW though, Dean CAN'T be there because it was DEAN who encouraged all of this to happen, who allowed this to happen. THAT was when he said they couldn't be what they were, couldn't be brothers again. And, if I recall correctly, Dean said something similar in Season Five ("I don't think we can be what we were. You know?" and "-I'm just - I'm having a hard time forgiving and forgetting here. You know?") and Sam spent the whole Season repenting and trying to gain Dean's trust back. And Dean? Dean let it be known just how much he was hurt by Sam and his actions. Even rejecting Sam altogether. THAT wasn't Dean having an attitude, THAT was Dean being hurt by Sam. And this is Sam being hurt by Dean.

I think that people often forget that Sam has done things for his brother as well. They are not HUGE things and that's why I think they're often forgotten. They're also hidden behind those HUGE mistakes he's made (like drinking demon blood and releasing Lucifer) so it's so EASY to forget that Sam loves Dean and has done things for his brother. I think you forgot that here. By, (unintentionally perhaps?) mentioning all of Dean's sacrifice's fictional and canonical and having Sam be the apologetic one. I mean, chronologically (through childhood, not season) the first incident we see is when Sam gave up freedom for Dean. When Amy offered him a way out, he said he couldn't. He would rather live a life he HATED -a life that was killing him in every way possible- with his brother than live it without Dean. Sam's made sacrifices just has Dean has. Sam shouldn't be the one apologizing here. Dean did a lot of morally questionable things this season and Sam has every right to be angry and sad and hurt by Dean and his choices. Once again, Dean ALLOWED this angel to possess his brother, he LIED to his brother (and yes, I know he tried to tell the truth, however SAM doesn't and I'm trying to do this from SAM'S perspective) even after how much he preaches about NOT lying to each other, he USED Sam's trust to TRICK him into consenting, and then let him think he was going insane...again (not cool considering that most of Season Seven was spent with Sam having a psychotic break) and by the time Dean was going to do anything about it, Kevin was dead by Sam's hands. And by the time they'd gotten Gadreel out of him, his body had been tortured.

It was cute, but I think they're going to need more than a hug to fix their bond. Especially since Sam was the only one to show remorse when really, they BOTH should have.
I think, if you're writing from Sam's POV you should at least try to see a little of how Sam's feeling about this whole situation. Something other than Sam said some harsh things and Dean's hurt by it. WHY would Sam say those harsh things? Looks like nobody cares. THAT'S what makes me sad.

As for Cas...well I don't believe he has any business in THIS matter. How can he? Cas is an angel and he already knows that angels will do anything to gain consent. He should understand, at least somewhat, that THAT wasn't actual consent. He also couldn't possibly imagine what it's like to be possessed by angel when HE IS AN ANGEL. I'm also pretty sure that because Cas is Sam's friend as well as Dean's he wouldn't try to kill him (even if it was only to scare him). He can play mediator all he wants, but to directly put himself in the middle of the situation with an answer on who's right and who should apologize already in mind? No. So...your characterization is a little off.

I just hope that you actually THINK about what I've said. Instead of criminalizing Sam to be the bad guy without a second thought. Obviously this is a very sensitive topic in the fandom right about now, but I've been told that's it important to look at it from BOTH sides. I feel like you didn't actually do that.

Just a little insight on how Sam might be doing with this whole situation.
jojospn chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
:) Loved this, Now make it happen, writers! All kidding aside, this was very well done. Beautiful!
Queen Bee chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Now this was great! I absolutely LOVED Castiel in this story. He did what needed to be done...point out to Sam that HE was the one being selfish. This was very well written, and I truly wish that the writers for the show would read this and take some notes!
Zohsy chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Really enjoyed this story-wish you were writing the end to this mess! Said all I wanted to say to Sam and more!
WRATH77 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
woah,cas was BAMF here

why cant this happen in the show?!
mb64 chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
This is excellent!

Dean's Worshiper chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
really Sam needed to put some senses in him.. and this ! this needed to happen on SPN..really needed to happen..great writing again Revhead..i am really becoming your biggest fan!
moonligtinparadise chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Glad Castiel said what Sam needed to hear;)

Thanks for sharing:)