Reviews for Sparkling Fire and Smokey Sighs
Guest chapter 13 . 11/24/2020
This story started off so strong and then just becomes an incoherent mess. It's a shame really.
Waffles chapter 14 . 8/13/2020
Gah! I absolutely loved this! Great story and great writing. I love how you didn’t force Shego and Kim’s characters together and let their trust and care for one another build organically.
Person of no interest chapter 1 . 4/7/2019
I've just finished chapter one and I love it! The disappearance of the other villains is very intriguing.
I think its a government cover up. If the other villains dont turn up later in the story then it seems like the government used the pardon as an excuse to be like " hey come on over for a bit" and then secretly execute them. Shego didnt really seem to know quite what was going on.
Anyways ive got more chapters to read to find out the haps!
Sebine chapter 14 . 12/14/2018
Ye gods it ended with the lewdest possible thing: handholding
Sebine chapter 9 . 12/14/2018
Kim likes booty
Sebine chapter 8 . 12/14/2018
Look here fuckboi, I wanna see gratuitous lesbianing and lots of lewd handholding.
Bethod is the Illusive Man chapter 14 . 10/15/2018
This was fantastic.

What's the curse and blessing of fanfiction? Anyone can write it. This is great for a lot of reasons, not least of all because it allows young or inexperienced writers to cut their teeth and get feedback without much pressure. But it's also terrible for the same reason. Couple that with a lot of readers being young, or just not caring, and it can be hard to find well-written fanfics regardless of fandom, because their tastes are not as refined as mine. By which I mean not are not as snobbish and entitled as me.

But this was really good. In particular I thought you nailed the character voices and overall characterization for all those involved. Which in and of itself is impressive, but the prose is also easy to read, with few errors. And you actually bothered to deal with the ramifications of "Graduation" since the world just survived a near-apocalypse. In my experience, most writers working from post-"Graduation" just kind of ignore that, or Drakken's flower power. Honestly, I'm planning to write a KiGo fic and I'm more or less planning to handwave that stuff.

The romance, and the various participants' setbacks, along with Kim's struggle with her sexual identity, all struck me as especially good. I want to say it feels authentic, but, being a straight guy who just likes to read femslash, and having seen that you're a queer writer, this might be my own cognitive biases coming into play. I don't know what any of those characters situations are really like, so I can't truly judge if it is authentic. I'd like to believe that I can put myself into the perspective of anyone at least enough to judge if it feels 'right' but that is probably brazen overconfidence on my part. Authentic or not, it is engaging and entertaining.

As for what I didn't like about the fic, I guess the plot's not as coherent as it could be. This story is clearly about Shego and Kim's relationship (plus Kim and Ron's, as a necessity) so the story otherwise is largely a backdrop to that. I mean, it was still good, just simple and (mostly) straightforward. The sudden rush and character pile-up at Warmonga's base was a bit rushed and out of left field, but that's the nature of a serialized, post-as-you-go story like this one. Other than that, I guess I'm upset it's not 400,000 words.

I'm not sure if you're still writing fanfic, or still alive, but I'd love to see more from you. I'm planning to read what there is of Limited Palette, and I try to avoid canceled or unfinished stories. If you write any original work, I'm not sure you'd associate it with the Sapphicvixen handle, but if you do I'd absolutely give it a try.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/6/2018
Oh man. Kim's coming out is really well written. I'm queer and I read a lot of stuff here but I feel like most people don't really understand the feelings behind it. But I think you presented it really well. I love your writing by the way. Would totally read anything you wrote.
GeorgeTobor chapter 8 . 6/20/2018
And mind control!
Everything is explained...
NOT!

But it is part of the answers I have been waiting for since chapter one.
GeorgeTobor chapter 7 . 6/20/2018
Kim and Wade are a better match than she and Ron.
Ron isn't bad, not like MoRon Weasley from Harry Potter, but aside from missions what do they have in common?

OK so far, but the only things resolved are Kim's sexual orientation and Ron believes Kim is not evil.
GeorgeTobor chapter 4 . 6/19/2018
Ron is nice but for most of the show he was the sidekick and comic relief.
Then at the very end he suddenly saves everyone?
Ron is the HERO and Kim the sidekick?

Slow build, it is not just for romance.

So France takes it's time proven role of betrayer ... Shades of real history.
GeorgeTobor chapter 3 . 6/19/2018
Mystery meat generator?
Cool!

Still more questions than answers, but at least not everyone thinks Kim is evil.

And the way Shego LOUDLY says she is Evil ... I think the lady doth protest too much!
GeorgeTobor chapter 2 . 6/19/2018
Rowling wrote Harry Potter almost exclusively from Harry's point of view.
While a legitimate way to tell a story it is also limiting.
In fact it is called FIRST PERSON LIMITED.
And leaves the readers with too many unanswered questions.

It feels like that here, while Kim and Shego are on the lam what is everyone else doing?
ACTIONS are important but so are motivations, thoughts and feelings.
Rune Tobor chapter 14 . 2/2/2018
I enjoyed the story.
Sure it is a little chaotic, but so is life.
I don't think it is as bad as you think.
Thanks for the story.
Rune Tobor chapter 10 . 2/2/2018
I agree!
English is insane!
The spelling is inconsistent
The grammar rules make rocket science look easy.
I was born in America, learned English as a child, and I don't understand it.

And if I'm American, why is the language called English?
No sense at all!