Reviews for Harry Potter and the Lightning Scar
EdTheBeast chapter 36 . 5/16
An excellent must read story! Yes, no horcruxes, but an excellent reason why he did not die.
Another story on fanfic where the girls are just horrible people. They are always verbally abusive and usually physically abusive. It's sad to see this constant theme in ff.
420blazeit69 chapter 36 . 5/14
This was amazing dude I started this yesterday at around 2:30 pm and didn’t stop reading until now because of the way you wrote captivated my attention and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story
Baahubali321 chapter 36 . 5/12
It’s been a couple of years but I feel obliged to comment on a story I invested into and overall enjoyed.

Compliments:
Good worldbuilding, even though it was stated in the fantastic beasts series that magical Britian was more accepting of muggles than America, those movies came out after you wrote this so that doesn’t really matter. Magical America with different types of magic is a cool idea and u captured the city nicely and the pace of good.
Sirius, Remus and Harry is so wholesome and probably my fav parts.
Animatics form of a thunderbird was amazing and another highlight of the story.

Criticisms(with small gripes):
Character bashing. Even though u said how there wasn’t any, it’s quite clear later on and especially of Ron and Hermoine. They are human with flaws but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be friends. Dumbledore, teachers, and ministry bashing was the most apparent and while some were deserved, others like the kidnapping and adding dangerous creatures was undeserved. The official books are from a teens perspective and all the rules and regulations of the tournament were not listed. Each of the foreign students most likely signed a document giving consent for fighting against dangerous creatures. A lot of stuff isn’t explicitly stated and u have to infer based on logic and whether there were any backlash. The school is obviously monitored by the board as shown in chamber of secrets and if snape is as bad as the books say, he would have been reported. Also the tournament wasn’t organized by just dumbledore, crouch and bagman. Obviously it needs approval of the minister, and cooperation of the participating country ministries.
Small plot hole. If the chamber of secrets was apparitable, why didn’t Voldemort use it. He knows where it is, and he know parseltounge and on top of the fact that it is strategically a good passage.
Harry’s complete turn around of personality is not really realistic as that’s not something that’s as changeable as fan fiction authors say. On top of his speech pattern change makes his dialogue and his entire person edgy, cringey, and clunky.
Dementors can’t die, they were never alive to begin with and the only way to kill them is to limit the conditions of which they thrive.
Also Harry being better than lynch and beating krum is very unlikely. He himself said in the books that he couldn’t follow their movements, and on top of how he hadn’t used a broom in while means that it’s basically implausible for him to win.
And Harry being able to put duel professionals who have been practicing much longer than Harry, who only really dueled against students and was only able to survive against Voldemort because of plot armor.
I would say more about him killing Voldemort but i feel this is enough.
Esmereilda chapter 33 . 5/2
good thing harry didnt activate the cup portkey cuz now the aurors have a ready made way to get to harry XD
Esmereilda chapter 29 . 5/1
pompous percy steps in it again XD
Esmereilda chapter 20 . 4/30
lol harry potter bane of meteorologists everywhere XD
Esmereilda chapter 11 . 4/29
and all dumbles potentially carefully laid plans are going up in smoke
Esmereilda chapter 8 . 4/29
i wouldnt happen to stand for Ichabod by any chance
HoneyBear84 chapter 36 . 4/25
Love it
AganishLottly chapter 35 . 4/16
Nice story! But this Harry is really arrogant. He simply acts like the boss while talking to the head of dmle, tell her what to do. Lol, he needs a spanking. He can be a powerfull hero but. He is a total prick. Its kind of a marrysue side of the whole plot. But otherwise great tale. Ty4 sharing
Carl chapter 36 . 4/12
This Harry Potter fanfiction story episode was good and I enjoyed reading. All the others that I read made Harry weak a crybaby.
geenakmom chapter 36 . 4/6
Highly enjoyed reading this! I love a Harry with a backbone, using his brain finally and a unique animagus.
anon chapter 12 . 3/26
i have a genuine question, this is not a flame per se, but what could you possibly have written in nearly 20k words of A/N? I mean some of them are nearly same size with the chapters themselves.
Cheshi chapter 36 . 3/21