Reviews for Harry Potter and the Lightning Scar
Mastersgtjames chapter 36 . 5/7
Well.. I have finished the story. I can say that I did like the story, but did not love it as I feared would be the case. Not a story I would read again, but definitely one any Harry Potter fanfic reader would like.
Mastersgtjames chapter 30 . 5/7
Surprised MC is not at all concerned that Dumbles has access to his Vaults, he has not even checked to make sure no one has been tampering with his money.
Mastersgtjames chapter 26 . 5/7
Yeah, that does not fit. Would have been better for the story and the character development if Morris and his daughter came to Hogwarts when Harry was entered. Could have had them be part of Harry's "school" or something since he is a fourth contestant. Would have been better than MC hooking up with Daphne and acting like a very angsty teenager(even if that is what he is)
Mastersgtjames chapter 24 . 5/7
If MC had actually pulled his head out of his ass he would not be so chummy with Daphne. He literally knows nothing about her, she is a slytherin, she has NEVER sided with him before or even been friendly to him. She showed up wearing one of the Potter Stinks badges and even joked about it not being a big deal. Then he instantly just accepts her, lets her use his family heirloom cloak, know his secrets, lets her into the chamber, lets her watch him train... It's like the idiot has no concept of what a spy is. Now he is even flirting with her. This whole relationship is hurting the story for me.
Mastersgtjames chapter 23 . 5/7
This story is going to go down the toilet if MC somehow ends up in a relationship with Daphne. MC has already developed a fairly strong one with Annie, which took up 20 chapters. If that gets dropped for some no-depth fling that somehow turns to love, its gonna be ridiculous.
Mastersgtjames chapter 22 . 5/7
So... to recap. Harry does not call out Hermione for harassing him and not supporting him, never mind minding her own business. He does nothing about people breaking into his Trunk, looking through his belongings, in order to "borrow" one of his family heirlooms without asking first. They pester him about his mail and are clearly poking their noses into his business and belongings (like his wand and knife) without any right to. MC does not ward/secure his belongings, does not call them out or reprimand them, and now he has been entered into the tournament like I suspected he would be...
Let's hope he fights this, cuz if he just rolls over and accepts that he even can be entered without himself doing so, then I would have to conclude MC has no critical thinking skills and is an idiot.
Mastersgtjames chapter 19 . 5/7
Personally, I can not get too into stories where MC is forced into the Tri-Wizard Tournament. I mean, I can like those stories, but I'll never love them or desire to read them more than the one time. If the MC willingly enters himself, or if he chooses to play along, that's fine. But it is when people play it like he HAS to enter that kills it for me. I mean, you can not enter someone else into a Magically Binding contract without their knowledge, intent, or permission. If you could, even slightly, people would be using it to rob each other and enslave one another left and right. There would be no hiding it. So it is a ridiculous situation that ONLY works when the MC does not fight it or is not intelligent. I mean, its obvious that being entered against your will into ANY kind of Magically Binding Contract is slavery. That MC (in some stories) goes along with it just makes him an idiot to me.
Just felt like sharing my opinion on this as a plot device in these HP stories. not sure yet if that is the direction this story will go, but it feels likely.
Mastersgtjames chapter 4 . 5/7
I feel like this story is actually about 10 chapters long, but you have them cut up into snippets instead. Each of these chapters are so short they are borderline paragraphs instead of a full chapter.
dianaanne chapter 14 . 5/3
Well maybe the French didn’t love America. (re your author’s note).
dianaanne chapter 8 . 5/1
Love this story; read several of your shorter ones today, too.
suziq968 chapter 34 . 4/20
Okay, that summary was brilliant, meets some people and then he kills them! Also, I love that Amelia and Albus are both watching. No one will EVER mess with this Harry again. Well, maybe brain dead people like Draco and Ron.
iki chapter 13 . 4/19
I really don't like the new girl OC so i stop here. But many Thanks for the 12 chapter it was really great!
I'd like how Harry grown up, learn new things. The forest make me scar! Thanks for this aventure.
ANewRanger chapter 36 . 4/17
Highly recommend, absolutely loved this, binged it these last couple days. Hoping you’ve written others. Loved the animagus theme, something I’m always desperate to find. Thank you
TennysonPoet chapter 36 . 3/4
It was alright. Different from my usual readings but enjoyable too.
TennysonPoet chapter 32 . 3/4
I've really enjoyed this but I am not a big fan of the friend bashing, I have no issue with him going elsewhere for additional support but I can't see Harry being like that to his friends unless of course he is a grade A douche... Still a few more chapters to go.
2,088 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »