Reviews for After Dark
leafeons chapter 1 . 5/21/2017
This is the story that started me shipping these two. No, really. It's beautiful. I love this story.
Reinaa-chan chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
you write so well... I love it, all of it. Thank you, for writing a piece of art like this!
NotAProject chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Oh my god I love this so much! It's adorable!
Fire Princess21 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I only realized that Steven looked good with May recently so I tried to look for some fics that told of a romantic relationship between them and huzzah! I found yours.

Thank you for an awesome read! It is as deep and soulful as I hope every romance to be. :)
w chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
It has been a long time since I've read a fanfic this enjoyable. Your style is good, and I really like it. I can sense some experience in writing, and you manage to make your characters mature.
Thank you very much for this piece, and I hope you'll be able to write many more.
Gyarii chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
Thank you for writing out my request! I had read it immediately after getting notifications from my email about your new story (which was literally seconds after your published). However at that time I was kind of busy so I found myself having difficulties understanding some expressions so I decided to review only after rereading it.

I love your descriptions of the scenery and May's view point. The details of the wind telling when it would be day or night, and It had been a refreshing pov since I had always imagine May being happy-go-lucky with her life, didn't really expect her to be quite depressing in this story. However, I can see her life going downhill after obtaining the champion status. I have to say, I can connect very well with May in this story that I had been as unhappy as her throughout the story. The most depressing line that impacted me the most was 'It's my birthday, and I spend it alone in a hotel room with a birthday cake and twenty candles.'

I find it adorable that you link the universe and stars with May and Steven. It may seem tragic at first ,"We are the stars, and fate is the universe. We can only be seen together in the total darkness, and even then, we're only being pushed further apart." but you had resolve it with a hopeful ,"The stars only shine at night, a glimmer of hope that they may one day be together with their soul mates again. But, I wonder, maybe they find each other when no one is looking, and maybe they've arranged the sky perfectly by night so everyone can see that they're finally together." . These lines are one of my favourites.

Overall I really enjoyed this. I like how the title 'after dark' not only refers to her time with Steven at night but also may's dark point of view with life. Steven's presence kind of felt weak in this story but that is okay since the main star here is May herself. The way you tackle the age gap is also remarkable to me. May finds age as something trivial which made me respect her way of thinking as she treats everyone as equals. Steven ,on the other hand, finds it troublesome due to his father's objection which is realistic when they are important businessmen (I did wish that Steven and his father would throw away their pride and accept May for who they are though, glad that Steven did at the end!).

Confession to make, I thought you would write a happy story. I mean, come on, we got a hoenn remake announcement! Bring on the trumpets and celebration! Well at least the story ended happily though a bit bittersweet haha.
Kasumi Shiragiku chapter 1 . 5/16/2014
Wohoo!I have been waiting for more hoennchampionshipping from more of this usual your story is good and I really enjoyed it