Reviews for Like a Parachute
megzilla01 chapter 4 . 1/19
I love it! Please Update!
PhoenixShadow23 chapter 4 . 1/2
I greatly enjoyed this! I picked it up tonight because I'm caught up in your other fic Improbable Foundations and needed something else to read. As you said, there are a lot of stories about Snape rescuing Harry. I enjoyed this one though because Snape didn't know what he was getting into, and I think his reactions were very believable. Snape isn't black and white, and stories where he's suddenly the most caring guy because he becomes privy to the situation, or remains a complete bastard aren't agreeable to me. You did a great job with making him believable! If you expand on this I will read it in a heartbeat! But understand you're working on other works. Thanks for concluding it and not abandoning it though!
E.BACKER chapter 4 . 12/25/2016
me encanto, espero que sigas...
Cztelnik chapter 4 . 12/8/2016
Haha, got so into the psychoanalysis I forgot to say I like the story and curious to see where it goes.
Cztelnik chapter 4 . 12/8/2016
it has always seemed a bit odd plot hole in canon that the ministry would pay so much attention to Harry's home that they'd know if he wasn't living there. If they did, they'd have removed him long ago due to his fame.

Albus acts positively impotent to manage personal relationships, probably due to internalized guilt but also using Ariana's death as both a deliberate and subconscious reason to avoid painful truths. He can't forgive himself and he won't allow himself to trust anyone else's judgement over his own without being forced. He may be suffering but it makes him a horrible guardian.
arynwy chapter 4 . 7/25/2016
I wouldn't need Harry's permission either. Imperius would look great on Vernon and everyone might actually benefit if it was used to make him behave like a decent human being. And just think of how frustrated he'd be in knowing he didn't want to treat Harry or anyone he feels superior to decently but had no choice. It would be a perfect punishment.:p

Ah, enough with my fantasizing - this is very interesting and I'd really like to see where this premise would go in your hands. So, whenever. Until then, I wish you happy writing.
AnimeFreak71777 chapter 4 . 3/7/2016
:D
HMRoberts chapter 4 . 2/8/2015
Oh, my! I read ATBLU and then LAP in one sitting today - I couldn't stop ! Words defy my ability to articulate how much I have been enjoying this. I truly do hope to see that ATBLU sequel as well as, perhaps, more of LAP? The way you convey the visceral emotional subcontext of each scene is rather masterful - a difficult skill to acquire to begin with, for most, much less at this level! Remarkably enjoyable tales for both! I will post this review to both stories.
thirdwave chapter 4 . 1/15/2015
That was really good and really different. I've been reading in the HP fandom since 2002, and I've never seen anything like this idea - it's incredibly original. And I love it as well.

I'm also a huge fan of your style of writing - it was smooth and well paced the entire way through.

If you DO continue this one, I'll definitely be reading.

Thanks!
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 4 . 11/8/2014
You portray Dumbles just right (something a lot of people struggle with, imo). I would love to read more of this, if you ever get the time and motivation!
Severitus22 chapter 4 . 11/2/2014
Well, I will say that I did very much enjoy this. I definitely think you should continue with it. And I will certainly check out some of your other fics.
Hope06 chapter 4 . 10/24/2014
I love this and will wait as long as needed for it to be continued
Saint Snape chapter 4 . 10/23/2014
This is really good. I would love to read more if you decide to continue it. I think now that Severus knows that Harry isn't the coddled celebratory in his relatives' home he will change his tune. I always love stories that show a progression from hatred to either love, friendship or acceptance between the two.
rotten little rat chapter 4 . 10/22/2014
This is soooo good! I can't wait for the next update!
mandancie chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
I really hope that you continue with it. :) I really like your premise you have for this story. :)