Reviews for Like a Parachute
HMRoberts chapter 4 . 2/8/2015
Oh, my! I read ATBLU and then LAP in one sitting today - I couldn't stop ! Words defy my ability to articulate how much I have been enjoying this. I truly do hope to see that ATBLU sequel as well as, perhaps, more of LAP? The way you convey the visceral emotional subcontext of each scene is rather masterful - a difficult skill to acquire to begin with, for most, much less at this level! Remarkably enjoyable tales for both! I will post this review to both stories.
thirdwave chapter 4 . 1/15/2015
That was really good and really different. I've been reading in the HP fandom since 2002, and I've never seen anything like this idea - it's incredibly original. And I love it as well.

I'm also a huge fan of your style of writing - it was smooth and well paced the entire way through.

If you DO continue this one, I'll definitely be reading.

Thanks!
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 4 . 11/8/2014
You portray Dumbles just right (something a lot of people struggle with, imo). I would love to read more of this, if you ever get the time and motivation!
Severitus22 chapter 4 . 11/2/2014
Well, I will say that I did very much enjoy this. I definitely think you should continue with it. And I will certainly check out some of your other fics.
Hope06 chapter 4 . 10/24/2014
I love this and will wait as long as needed for it to be continued
Saint Snape chapter 4 . 10/23/2014
This is really good. I would love to read more if you decide to continue it. I think now that Severus knows that Harry isn't the coddled celebratory in his relatives' home he will change his tune. I always love stories that show a progression from hatred to either love, friendship or acceptance between the two.
rotten little rat chapter 4 . 10/22/2014
This is soooo good! I can't wait for the next update!
mandancie chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
I really hope that you continue with it. :) I really like your premise you have for this story. :)
StormySkies95 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
Your story is really great so far. I hope you keep writing, you're really good at it.
bookivore chapter 4 . 6/24/2014
A very tidy little introduction and it does work on its own I suppose.

I glanced at the comments and had to laugh at the one saying why not just lobotomize Vernon - yes, I've had similar thoughts in the past but more murderous, if the Dursleys are a problem Snape for one probably wouldn't have too much trouble removing their ability to be a problem. But for story purposes you have to assume that something prevents these things. Vernon, of course, is not even a blood relative so his existence is presumably hanging on whatever is protecting muggles in general from malicious wizards.
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
Wow!

Impresionante idea, me encanta como lo estas postulando, sin duda interesante, bastante fascinante para ser sincera

espero puedas publicar pronto
delenda est c chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
Excellent chapter . Thank you .
Amarenima Redwood chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
Great chapter!
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 4 . 6/14/2014
I quite liked this story, but I will say that there is one thing that bugged me. We all know there are mood altering/behavior modifying spells and potions in the wizarding world, why does Dumbledore simply "correct" Vernon's behavior and attitude with them.

Just lobotomize him with magic

Thanks so much for sharing, I eagerly await your next. favorited
Yampie chapter 4 . 6/14/2014
Typically, I find stories involving abusive Dursleys very contrived and hard to believe, but this is a happy outlier. I'm eager to see where you take this!