Reviews for The Metropolitan Man
Leo chapter 5 . 3/4
Typo somewhere at the end of the page, search for "The big problem there was that there was that".
Wedchidna chapter 13 . 2/19
That Superman lied and threatened; and died for it.

Let us be reasonable: there was limited information, not unluck. Clark got to Lex's heart and reason, but slightly: for the most of it, he relied on sheer (bravado of) invulnerability. He didn't prove his "worthiness of existence" to the "evil guardian" that Lex aimed to be.

In trusting his physical and moral superiority, while neglecting reasonable company: that Superman failed.

Let us be together: being better was not enough; neither should it ever be. For any game sharing, consent is conditional. Brutalizing tactics ought to be superseded; such is ethics. Jonathan won the first round for civilization; and even kingless, Clark persisted ethical. His Metropolitan aims, though, were misguided. He entered empire; aiming to crimeless it. Respected it: in it's laws. Inspired it: in his own princely spirit. But his predecessor prepared him not for presidency. Jonathan was not a citizen: he was a might-fearing follower; embued with the curious germ of mankind, yet biased towards proudness. Selfless proudness, yet the same vice which would kill Lex. Selfish proudness: Survived only by the heritage of the alien neighbor; Prospered only by the reasonable company; which Clark was just beginning to acknowledge.

It's a tragedy; and it's a good one.
So *this* is how to enjoy tragedy. I guessed they were just sub-heroics (and they [really] are), but I guess I can appreciate them more, now. Thanks for reading, me.
Thank thyself for reading my review, you.
lucasg234 chapter 1 . 12/4/2020
I just realized that I have read this story 5 times, but never reviewed it. Absolutely amazing work. Thank you for making it. Much love.
Alex The Animator chapter 13 . 11/18/2020
Just found this story, and I got to say this is one of the best written stories I had the pleasure of reading on this site. It feels less like fanfiction and more like something that would appear in an official comic or tv series. I particularly liked how you portrayed Lex's intelligence in a realistic manner.

It's just overall a great story. Just wish there was some kind epilogue or something.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/22/2020
f
EcoJakk chapter 13 . 6/25/2020
Great start and middle, garbage lacklustre ending.

I regret wasting my time reading this.
Eddy chapter 13 . 5/30/2020
Wow what a great story.
Really entertained me for an evening ! Thank you for this!
Master Knight Trolling chapter 13 . 5/25/2020
I enjoyed the story and really, that was the only way the story could have ended.

I do kinda wish there was a epilogue. I always ask myself, what happens next? What happens after the villain kills the hero? What happens when the next monster, alien invasion or world ending disaster comes and theres no Superman to stop it?

So I kinda wish there was a epilogue touching on that or even a short sequel of the consequences of Luthor actions when aliens invade or something.
Marcus Rowland chapter 13 . 5/24/2020
Bleak, but unfortunately all too believable.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/9/2020
Thank you for the story, I really enjoyed it. Even to the end, I supported Superman through and through, but I can understand where Lois and Lex are coming from. Disagreeing with a compellingly written viewpoint character (Lex) is an uncomfortable feeling, but it's important to be able to sit with that feeling, and I thank you for that as well. The story was both enjoyable and thought provoking, through and through.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/21/2020
*But there was no reason to emphasize her race, was my point. It's naturally a given that she would be focused on. America was a predominately white country back then, and it's unlikely that anyone, even the most staunch of progressives, would've made a note on her race back then.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/21/2020
I think her being the daughter of a famous and rich man and Superman not arriving in time would factor into the fame, more than anything. Granted, though, race would be more important in those times than in the modern day.

I am very impressed by the breadth of your historical knowledge. Player pianos and orphan trains and such, as an example. (I never even knew about orphan trains; it's a concept that actually seems almost surreal.)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/21/2020
Sudden insights are not bullshit or any type of magic, they actually are quite helpful most of the time (though, granted, a few times, they can lead to dead ends). It is a good point, though, that great insights usually only happen after a great deal of thinking about some topic or having had much experience in some sort of thing.
Guest chapter 5 . 3/21/2020
Ah, so you were saving it for a later chapter. Of course. You probably wouldn't have brought up the hours otherwise, and skimmed over it so. Character-wise, I suppose Luther just overlooked something painfully obvious; It happens to the best of us.

Even with all the false data reports, I would think that a more accurate result could be drawn. A few might skew the results, but not by much. Then again, vectors might not produce that much data, and within 10 city blocks is pretty good for in terms of precision...
Guest chapter 4 . 3/21/2020
Surprised Lex doesn't consider the possibility that Superman might be disguising himself as a regular human with a day job, given how obviously well the daytime hours line up; perhaps he's under the fault subconscious assumption that Superman is above all that?