Reviews for The Metropolitan Man
ardvarkeating101 chapter 13 . 9/2
I can only say that you have defined superman for me.
Shiranai chapter 13 . 8/27
That was incredible. I came into this story expecting the usual good versus evil, and how an evil superman might destroy everything... and then Lex sidestepped all of that by pointing out mental illnesses.

I have to agree with Lex on that point. The fact that mental illnesses exist means that whether Superman is good or evil is completely irrelevant. It doesn't even have to be mental illnesses like dementia that make Superman turn evil or crazy. It could be something as simple as a muscle spasm. If Superman has a muscle spasm and kicks the Earth beneath his feet, the Earth is destroyed.

I do wonder why Lex went straight to trying to kill Superman though. Did he even try mentioning the dangers of mental illnesses to Superman? Or tell various world leaders and get them to explain it to Superman, that it is better for humanity if Superman isn't on Earth, and that Superman should simply leave the solar system willingly. Only resort to war after diplomacy fails.
Lois Lane did not write a book on the World War. It was called the Great War, the War to End All Wars.

Anyway, it's an incredibly riveting story. I'm not big on fan fiction, and I think Superman is boring, and yet I am in love with this tale. Kudos, and keep it up!
You are truly quite an artist with the way you understand and portray your characters - I was constantly flipping my perception of them as more was revealed. I was hooked the whole time (read the whole thing through the night...). My biggest question remains in Mercy. She has proven to be superior to Lex in many respects, which is in and of itself notable, but furthermore she has almost his complete confidence. I was rather expecting (hoping?) for her to turn out to be employed by a third party, ultimately leading Lex to his downfall. In any case, this was a wonderful story and I will be thinking about it for days.
I'm really loving this so far! A small note - you mention that Lex multiplies the component probabilities to come to the 1/10 chance of Superman wreaking havoc, but I think you mean adding the probabilities.
Windfall chapter 13 . 6/4
I constantly expected you to suddenly have Lex Luthor fail miserably and die. I was not disappointed. That Kent died in the end made this all the more cooler.

His being somewhat of a pervert was a point not required: his presumptuousness hypocritical as it was, the story having the actual well-defined perfectly sane villain actually win made this all the way better. While Superman has survived such traps before, having everything end so neatly was awesome.
WinterShiny chapter 13 . 6/2
This story is genius, you kept me hooked the entire way through. Lex was so perfect - I admit that I know practically nothing of the Superman universe, so I can't tell if anyone's in character or not, but I guess it goes to show how you can make me care about them as if they were just OCs. Lois and Lex were honestly genius, and it was a pleasure reading from their points of view. I love how you kept it so morally grey, as Lex has indeed murdered innocents, but you can't help but agree with his goals in trying to stop Superman, because it makes so much sense. You can sympathise with Superman also, but I still wanted him to lose in the end, because he really is a threat. The language and personification in general made this story thrilling, and I honestly adored it.
Rich700000000000 chapter 3 . 6/2
I just made an account to comment on this fic. So, SO, good I can't even put it into words.
QuestionsForSome chapter 1 . 5/23
Have you ever thought of making a sequel to this or making other reimagining from other D.C. Or Marvel properties?
LoganAlexander chapter 13 . 4/24
Hahaahahah. Nice! Not only flanderized as hell but even the kryptonite weakness was made overpowered. I assume that this was some sort of intellectual excercise so the bashing was done on purpose to achieve some sort of writing goal. Hahahahhahahah
LoganAlexander chapter 11 . 4/24
Hahahahaahahahahahaha... i guess now i know why you decided on that time in history. Hahahahahaha. I can already see how this ends with everyone realizing what they have done when its over. Haahahahhaah
LoganAlexander chapter 10 . 4/24
Hahahahahahahahahahahahabah
LoganAlexander chapter 8 . 4/24
Hahahahaahahah and the mockery continues
LoganAlexander chapter 6 . 4/24
Hahahaahahha...wow. I cant fault your skills in making someone so bad seem good and someone so good so bad. Ever thought about going into politics.
LoganAlexander chapter 4 . 4/24
It's getting boring and ridiculous. This Clark is also the dumbest version of superman I've seen. Then again that is obviously on purpose seeing as you decided to take the lesser qualities of most Superman iterations so it would be easier to bash.