Reviews for Answered Prayers
HaloHunter89 chapter 2 . 6/10/2014
I just want to point out that you have such a descriptive way of writing that really sings to a reader. I don't care if you were just writing about a pencil you could make it seem eloquent. "Saints with tarnished wings" that was beautiful. This was amazing. I love that it was this time Murphy taking control and easing his brothers mind. Him speaking and quoting to him as he worked his belt open, perfect. It fit so perfect. Be proud of this! It's great.
Alva Starr chapter 2 . 6/10/2014
Again one of those perfectly structured chapters with an opening hook and a closing line one will not soon forget. Its also a perfect balance for and companion to the first chapter. It is Murphy's turn now to reassure Connor... the emotional and heart wrenching internal thoughts that run through both brothers heads in this chapter are really effective. The whole Catholic guilt thing is captured perfectly.
That Judy G quote is prefect to open it too.
I absolutely love how you described the twins motions and movements as a choreographed dance...they motions are so in sync and I love that you stress it in your descriptions of them here. All the details- lighting cigarettes, walking and thinking to hanging the rosary beads on the nail. I like that you put us right there in their loft with them...the detail about the hot water was a nice touch to bring a richness to the narrative. Some writters might leave it out and just jump to the sex...I like that you don't.
"Murphy never noticed a piece of his soul was missing until tonight." There it is again your knack for detailing that healing physical connection. I am jumping ahead but the marking if each other at the end where you say no one would "ever be able to break that bond" it all hearkens to their being the most important person in the the other's life and why is so important that this be taboo level of sharing is needed by both of them. What is also cool though is the need Murphy has for physical pain...needing Connor to hurt him goes back to that Catholic guilt and penance thing...really gets to me. Awesome job.
"An animal teneding to a wound but his soul was singing" Love that line. I am glad you added this chapter to bring them full circle.
This intimate experience is not only penance for them but also their contrition I think. Love how you write the saints!
wandertogondor chapter 2 . 6/10/2014
Again. Another amazing chapter and another amazing title. Loved Connor's last line! Absolutely adorable. It had a real sense of finality to it. Glad you're sticking to them :)
wandertogondor chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
FanFic won't let me log in but holy crap! I know I'll always regret when I delay reading one of your stories! I regret it every time! Your story telling skills are so superior I can find no words. This was so intense and so fulfilling that I don't know what more to say. I did love the title though :) you keep trucking, baby!
Alva Starr chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
This has your signature all over it. From the detailed, sharply well worded sentences to the deep emotional pain/redemption/healing sex you incorporate into your work. This story is you doing what you do best. It's not simply pwp twincest slash to me. Its about connection and what the brothers mean to each other and are able to do for each other. They are connected so deeply yes intimately because, as you make clear, they live their lives as two halves a whole being on their dark isolating mission-to rid the word of evil -it's a lot of pressure on both of them and they have only each other to share it with. So when it goes wrong, as in this instance, with an innocent being in the crossfire, the healing necessary can only be done by the other. Murphy may have prayed for the release and redemption but he gives it to Connor as well when he says do it whatever you need do it. They are healing each other. The way it all begins with tears and tenderness... yet you never lose their masculinity. It is a really perfect balance and I applaud you for it. Not easy to achieve.
Don't worry that it was short it was perfect there was nothing gratuitous. No word was extra or uncecessary. Being this sacreligous is something I've seen other wrters go for with the twins but i feel you were especially affective with the perfect setting of the confessional and one image that stands out to me that of the rosary being used to tie Murphy's hands and that moment when his semen drips down onto the cross and Connor 'knew he was going straight to hell' but not caring as long as they were together just justifies all they have done with and for each other. Your excellent writing truly raises this piece.
BustersJezebel chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
First of all, excellent title. I'm so glad Elle passed this onto me. The mood, the reason for their developing relationship, the answered prayer of Murphy's. Connor's ease with his expectation of going to hell. All of these things summed up a perfect one-shot.

Murphy is right, you do wear things like that with pride.

Whether you continue in slash or not, this story is something to be proud of.
vickih chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Yeah, you should really do more of these kind of one shots. Go ahead and feed my perverted little soul and I will love you forever :)
EnglishPoet18 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
I don't read a lot of Boondock Saints fics...I know! I know! Silly me. I never stray too far from The Walking Dead much, but this- this was HOT. Why are you not writing more slash? Good Lord woman! There must be a part 2 to this somewhere. I know it's in there so unleash it and let it flow. Whew! I was already hot before I read this but DAMN. ;)
HaloHunter89 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
This...this made me feel like I needed to confess my sins! Swoon! The biting, binding withthe rosary, the demanding tone all of it was hot. But more than that it was sensual in a way without taking from their masculinity. I love it! You out done yourself again woman.
Elle Gardner chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
OH my... well that was hot. But beyond that, it was well thought out, not a pile of PWP. I liked that they both felt remorse that brought them through the door, but Murphy took it all harder than his brother. I loved their communication with and without words and how they reassure eachother.

Kinky and passionate with plenty of real emotion. Very enjoyable. And this reader would not be apposed to seeing if Connor agreed to share a shower.