Reviews for Less Than Zero
aGnamZer0 chapter 46 . 8/8
« I can't believe I used to be scared of you. »

Max truly grew up in that one year. No longer afraid of the best mercenary in the world. He's truly incredible.

Looks like the Max x Kara pairing will be temporarily be put in hold. But it's not grave, I know they will eventually get back together.

This whole thing with alternate universes trying to reset the world is so fascinating! I didn't know the story of New Earth was so complex.

Now that Null who's always in the thick of things and Luthor are collaborating, they're gonna make a bloody powerful combo.

I don't know how you managed to integrate Null to the storyline so much, to make him such an important piece of the chessboard, but your story is a true masterpiece.

Thank you for writing and sharing it with us.
aGnamZer0 chapter 45 . 8/8
Isn't Streaky Krypto's friend? I wonder if that means Clark has Krypto with him.

Of course they had to be interrupted just as things were becoming heated.

Yep, Max can't possibly deny anymore he's doing heroic things, even if not necessarily in an heroic way.

I mean, like Jason said, he could have simply fled Gotham and gotten away from the chemical blast.

There are many names I don't know though, both heroes and villains and this is headache inducing.

Now, I wonder if the alternate Lex's powers are powers or technology. It looked like innate abilities, whether magical, alien or meta in nature I don't know though.
aGnamZer0 chapter 44 . 8/8
Though she seemed resigned, at least Kara accepted that Null would kill again if necessary. Case in point, he killed quite the number of people during the assault of Black Mask's HQ.

He truly became a dangeruos individual one better not have on their bad side. No hideout can protect you from him.

I'm glad he didn't torture Black Mask though. I'm against torture as a principle and I would have been disappointed if Max had been stained by such an act.

Jason 'asked' Black Mask the location of The Society's HQ, but doesn't Max already have it, what with having Supergirl spy Rose and Grant 'till there?

And Jason is just as dangerous as Max. Singlehandedly raiding a fortress and succeeding at that. They're truly formidable.
aGnamZer0 chapter 43 . 8/8
Oh, so Max and Selina finally declared themselves their undying familial love. Good! It was about time.

Personally, I agree with Bruce. Selina is Selina, and I'm sure she still would have taken Max even had she not been mindfucked.

Null's truly changing. He's becoming more 'heroic' for the lack of better word. Helping where it doesn't really concern him. But he also became more ruthless as proven by how he's ready to help Jason with wiping out Black Mask.

Now, how will this reunion between Kara, Rose and Max turn out?
aGnamZer0 chapter 42 . 8/8
« So, why does it feel like we're overlooking some stuff. Hmm. Oh well. Must not be that big of a deal. »

No, not that big of a deal. It's just a bunch of Kryptonite after all.

Unless that wasn't what you meant, but I'm pretty sure that the Kryptonite WILL be relevant at one point.

Max should have banged Rose when came knocking. He's too honest for his own good our favorite boy. It's just like I feel like they're about to miss the window to be together before Rose is forced to kill Max. Whether she succeeds or not is another story altogether.

« If you wanted to guarantee that something would be done right, sometimes you had to do it yourself. »

At least now he should be pardoned for killed Maxwell. I mean, he pretty much saved everyone (because I'm not sure the EMP would have worked or even that Brother Eye had sevent every O.M.A.C. it had against the heroes).

« The portal opened, taking Null away in an instant. The next moment, he was gone and Anarky was alone in his base once again, "Good riddance." »

Oh come on Anarky, you know you love Max. You've got a great friendship going on with him. Admit it!
aGnamZer0 chapter 41 . 8/8
« Joy momentarily filled Null's heart at Anarky's use of meme, until he realized that they hated each other, "Goddamn it! Did we just become best friends?" »

Yep! You definitely just became best friends. I'm so happy! You're just both way too stubborn to admit such.

That aside, Superman's weaknesses include Kryptonite obviously, magic and finally mind control. It's a wonder he hasn't be mind controlled more in the past, he would make an unstoppable weapon.

While I personally completely approve of your choice for dealing with the situation Null, I doubt the League sees it the same way. There will be repercussions.
aGnamZer0 chapter 40 . 8/8
Poor Blue Beetle. He's once again been told off.

Anarky is even more resourceful than I thought possible. And I had set the bar high – I mean, he could have brought down the economy if he hadn't decided to make it a show and give heroes a six hours advanced notice.

I really love the collaboration between Null and Anarky. Hopefully, by the end of it, they'll be good friends. I want them to be friends.

Wow, that Maxwell guy is even more dangerous than I had suspected. Data on EVERYONE, what a frightening prospect.
aGnamZer0 chapter 39 . 8/8
So Null actually went to Batman. I suppose it was a good decision in the end.

I wonder what role Kara will play in all of that. Will she be the one to actually release the information to the public?

I definitely want to see a collab between Null and Anarky. And the way Anarky acted, he was afraid of being wired, which is fair with the Brother Eye.
aGnamZer0 chapter 38 . 8/8
I hope Null won't stupidly lose or accidentally destroy the USB key. It would be the height of stupidity.

From how Batman seems to act currently, I'd say Max made the right decision in not going to him with those data.

And he made an even greater decision in choosing to learn Anarky's opinion. Though now Anarky will no doubt try to steal the key to release the information publicly. So he should be vigilant and careful with it.

I wonder how a fight between Grant and Null would go out. If it's a 'fair' fight, Null would win, but if he's taken by surprise, it's another thing altogether.

Maxwell huh? Looks like he's a pretty dangerous guy. Had never heard of him before but he certainly managed to gain my attention.
aGnamZer0 chapter 37 . 8/8
Cheshire's death was SO satisfying!

I'm glad Deadshot survived his duel with Deathstroke. He's truly resilient for living after shots in the chest.

It's a pity Rose didn't get to hug the shit out of Max. It'll have to wait for a next time.

For me, Null gaining the respect of someone like Black Adam is a big step. Then again, he did throw him a magnetic tornado in the face, and by using Adam's own power to do so.

I'l glad Lex had at least enough honor to pay Null. Don't know why he did, but there's at least that.
aGnamZer0 chapter 36 . 8/8
« You think you're this planet's apex predator... but there's another. And you won't survive his coming. »

Oh... Is he maybe taking about our dear Max?

So they killed Mister Mallah. That makes one thorn in the way of heroes out of the way I guess.

And me who thought the Six had become quite united. I guess I was wrong.

I'm relieved Vandal refused to join Luthor's Society. This man is way too dangerous. One can only be when they survived tens of millenias.

Hadn't expected the reveal at the end about Mockingbird's identity. Now I want him to die even more.

Wonder what the endgame of Luthor is (not Mockingbird, the other).
aGnamZer0 chapter 35 . 8/8
And me who expected Null's plan to be absorbing the energy given off by the power source to prevent Black Adam to teleport. Then again, I don't think he could have absorbed so much energy.

Wonder if Null will have the Iron Sand trnasform into clothes when not in suit. You know, so he always have it on hand.

By the way, did you draw the idea from the the son of Gaara – whom I don't know and care about the name since the whole series doesn't exist for me – or is it an original ida?

Finally, working together against Mockingbird.
aGnamZer0 chapter 34 . 8/8
You know, when I learnt Null was gonna get tortured through asphyxia, I was happy. It wouldn't leave any mark. No scars!

And then what does he do? He mangle them so much they... fuck! I have no word.

And it infuriates me all the more that he was there in the first place because of blackmail. Truthfully, he shouldn't have. I mean, if he starts listening to anyone threatening Selina, he'll never hear the end of it. Will he do whatever Deathstroke tell him if he threathens her too? At his place, I just would have left as he prepared they went for the mission on the docks, called Selina to warn her she may have become a target and went to lay low for a while.

Now see the result of him listening to petty blackmail.

I hate scars! Why didn't you give him some sort of regenerative powers to prevent them? Now he'll have them for life.

If something like the Lazarus Pit that can revive deads exist, I'm sure there must be some technology or magic that can remove all the scars on his body – I don't know DC enough to know what exactly, but I'm sure it exists – now he just needs to stumble upon it. But somehow, I know it won't ever happen. Maybe because you want to give him character or you want to leave the proofs of what he went through to become who he is now or who he will be in the future, but I'd feel much better if they could be removed.
aGnamZer0 chapter 33 . 8/8
To be perfectly honest, I detested this chapter. The one thing Max wants above all is freedom. And here, he was forced to participate in this circus show against his will and probably make a shitload of enemies.

I really hope he'll be able to get away from this so-called 'Secret Six' as soon as possible and it didn't fuck with his second chance the heroes gave him and they won't hound him now.
aGnamZer0 chapter 32 . 8/8
I'm admittedly a little frustrated that Null didn't get any recognition. If it was before the Anarky blowup, I'd understand because Null wants to stay incognito, but from then on he became pretty infamous so... getting a better image would have been great.

Anyway, it sure was a giant mess. How does Null always manage to get into the thick of it?

Great chapter! They're lucky the Auctioneer accepted because I'm pretty sure he could have terminated Cyborg before he even gets to send the data.

Thankfully, he seemed to respect Null.

Speaking of respect, it's nice that Max and Tim finally seem to have that for the other and have even learnt to stay somewhat cordial within distance of each other.
8,244 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »