Reviews for Less Than Zero
VengfulRaptor chapter 8 . 1h
┼║zzm
Guest chapter 25 . 4h
Always nice to check back in on your stories every couple of weeks. Read all of them, but this and your marvel story are hands down my favorites. Guess I'd been away from them for longer than I thought, had at least 5 chapters to read on both. Much appreciated.
ExGrim chapter 25 . 22h
Just a heads up, this is one of my favourite fanfics. Null's characterisation as your sorta-kinda average american teenager and Ravager's psychotic yet inexplicably endearing demeanour make for some fun times. Using your superpowers to improve society is great and all, but there is something really cool about using them to have fun and get cool sh*t.

I've read all your work and loved 'em all, and they just seem to be getting better and better. Fics like Better left Unsaid and Sealed Kunai had amazing premises but only decent execution, at least in the earlier halves. They also tended to occasionally rely on tropes and light bashing.

All of that disappeared with your later work, with them being much more original and excellently executed. I would love to see a completely original work from you in the future, perhaps in the modern fantasy setting as that seems to be where you really shine.

Could go on and on but I'll save my rambling for when I go on to review your other stories when the mood strikes me to go back and reread them, as it tends to do so often after I try and fail to find new, good stories in my particular flavours.

Thank you very much for entertaining me so thoroughly.

-ExGrim
Ocean of Neon chapter 25 . 7/13
Nice to see another update on this story. Easily one of the best OC fics I have read on this site.
TJG1 chapter 25 . 7/13
Looking at it from an outsider's view, Red Hood is a moron given his stated beliefs. He appears to be despise the existing superhero-supervillain fight arrangements as leaving the villains to do crime later, but he acts flashy like other superheroes and focuses on the lower level minions. If he really stood by his stated beliefs, then he would always stay hidden and unknown and stealthily investigate where all the "center of mass" (the ones that hold the institutional knowledge/skills/decision making) of all criminal/supervillain organizations are and quietly kill them in ways that cannot be traced back to anyone or look accidental and do it across the world (not just confined to one city). This means assassination work against the Light organization including Luthor and Death's Head and so forth.

Maybe Max can start investigating super tech like that kryptonite technology that is presumably being spread to make an eternal battery or generator for use by his power and making a vehicle power source.
Kacarrot chapter 25 . 7/12
Great Chapter. Good to see that Max has the occasional struggle like we all do when we fall into a rut.

Red Hood seems a lot more vicious than the one I'm most familiar with, that being the one from Under the Red Hood movie, and that one comic scene where he exclaims, "Oh, my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled". Not that I mind, I think it'll be fun to see Hood unchained.

Also, was that an actual Eric Andre reference? Here on ? In an extremely popular and well written fic?
What kind of amazing Bizarro world have I ended up in? More to the point, how do I stay?
Sdog75 chapter 13 . 7/11
Although I do very much enjoy your story, I've noticed that you sometimes tend to restate something you've said before in a manner that doesn't deviate much from the original structure that you previously used. While this doesn't happen much, when it does, it very potently sours my immersion into your wonderfully weaved story. The most glaring of these faults would have to lie here in the middle of chapter 13 when you restate almost word for word the light internal dilemma Null has while casing some lowly criminal hideouts, though you do admittedly add in a bit more detail. I wanted to tell you this in the hopes that you catch these understandable mistakes and improve the quality of your already fantastically written story to something truly special, something I would be honored to read. Keep writing, and good luck!
tatewaki2000 chapter 25 . 7/9
Teh car! Nuuu
tatewaki2000 chapter 24 . 7/9
Nuuuu. Teh hijinksss...
bassplayer123 chapter 25 . 7/9
Your story is awesome, Null's powers are like a combination of Cole McGrath's and Magneto's. And I love the concept, Null doesn't want to be a hero, he doesn't want to be a villain, he's just your average teenager trying to get by in life, except for he happens to have metahuman powers. Although, at the rate at which his powers are growing, I wonder if soon he'll even need to fear baseline humans like the Bat family or Deathstroke and his kids. Sure they might be skilled martial artists and deadly assassins, but that's not going to matter if their opponent has absolute control over electrokinesis and electromagnetism. Like in this chapter, the Red Hood was threatening to shoot Null with a shotgun, but I'm pretty sure if Null wanted to he could have just magnetically forced Red Hood's METAL helmet to crush his brains like a soda can. It's just Null's too nice of a guy and the situation didn't escalate that far.

One quick question though, and I only realized this because apparently Nightwing didn't already know that the Red Hood was Jason Todd. Has Barbara not been crippled by the Joker yet? Because chronologically speaking, the Joker was supposed to have first crippled Barbara, and then murdered Jason Todd, since at Jason's funeral Barbara is in a wheel chair. Although, if the events of 'The Killing Joke' haven't happened yet, I think it'd be interesting if Max played a role in that storyline. After all, it was a bullet that crippled Barbara, and well, guess who just happens to have the ability to stop bullets in mid air...
tatewaki2000 chapter 20 . 7/9
Wooooo!
Deadpool has returned!
tatewaki2000 chapter 19 . 7/9
Yayyyy!
tatewaki2000 chapter 18 . 7/9
Time for a... Pizza Partehhh! :)
tatewaki2000 chapter 17 . 7/9
Teen Titans Goooo! :)
tatewaki2000 chapter 15 . 7/9
Yessss. Dont worry about those sour grapes.
Be strong Padawan Max!