Reviews for Engineering the Future
Cole Goldberg chapter 6 . 5/29/2015
i love how you have written the story and would like to see how tali and Ashley Williams react to his relationship to xen your really well done this can you please continue this story to to good to just end.
Guest Q chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
You still there man? Or are you just busy w/ school/work/family/life in general?
the amazeing lot chapter 6 . 3/19/2015
love the story bro
Franco731 chapter 6 . 3/2/2015
Great story, can't wait for the next chapter.
MKTerra chapter 6 . 11/21/2014
a Shepard/Daro fic?! WGAT?!
Well, it's pretty good, so I approve. I also approve of the Quarian's prodigious hips and hindquarters.
VODKA18 chapter 6 . 10/18/2014
Very nice make more chapters.
Guest Q chapter 6 . 10/8/2014
Ah, now we're at the beginning of ME1. I wonder if there'll be other changes as time goes on? (since no one really had any experience with humans like this Shepard... which Cerberus will most definitely screw up later on :( )
Rakjo chapter 6 . 10/8/2014
nice chapter hope to read more soon
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
Computer video card broke. Chapter 6 is 90% done, and will be continuing soon hopefully!
Guest Q chapter 5 . 9/24/2014
I like. :)
Alvicate chapter 5 . 9/17/2014
Really nice story overall.
'Been searching for a romance with Daro'Xen for a while, and this one beats all the others.
vakariangal chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Cool story so far! Keep up the good work!
Rakjo chapter 5 . 9/12/2014
awesome fic , please continue it
Guest Q chapter 5 . 9/10/2014
Pretty much how I expected it to happen, if Tali was any indication in ME2. Keep 'em coming! :)
MizDirected chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
A very interesting premise, and a combo not often seen, so I am curious to see where it goes. Daro'Xen is a fascinating character. Not a likeable one in the games, but I think she could be made so with some scope to her.

My biggest comment here is that the whole story is told not shown. We aren’t allowed into the experience of being Shepard. Was, were, had… all the be verbs, and then adverbs (If there are too many) are evil because they add passivity to a piece and suck out all opportunity for strong, evocative writing. He was sad isn’t nearly as engaging as something stronger. His heart cracked, the sound like splitting wood. Or whatever. Same thing with adverbs. Ran quickly just isn’t as strong as sprinted or raced.

If you intend John to have no manners and to be ogling the asses of female coworkers for long periods of time, you need to let us into his head so that we understand why. This is a very smart, presumably grown man... we don't know, which we should... who lives at home letting his mom cook for him, and who is rude to people he's never met. That is the overall view of him so far. If that is the one you wanted... perfect. If not, you might want to tweak him a bit. If he is 16 like Shepard is in canon when Mindoir is hit, let us know that. It doesn't make his lack of manners any less rude, but it does mitigate some things a little. Manners are a rapidly failing part of our culture.

I will be interested to see where this heads and how long it is before Daro'Xen slaps him upside the head. :) Perhaps he will figure things out as he goes.