Reviews for Child's Play
IamWhatIamBaby chapter 1 . 2/23
Much wow!
Polariss chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
*O* I love it! I really would like you to continue this... One chapter is not enought!
Amchen13 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Hey,
I like this story very much
I'm really sorry, that are only a few Stories about this Pairing :
But in English there are lots of more than in German :P
So i want to ask you, if I can maybe translate this Story into german and post it at the German Forum :D
Sooo, like to see more of this and hope of your answer :D
Lg Amchen
NelumboGryffindor chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Awesome read.. :)
Loved Lolita's thought and the dialogues..
But can you explain the reference behind Zorro saying "One day I'll spend time with you and it won't be like this"?
menu chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
thanks for writing this awesome fic! :D
VampireNaomi chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This was a wonderful story and an amazing way to continue the events of the episode. Like the previous reviewer said, it was great to see how the events of the episode would affect the main characters instead of the guest stars. There's so much potential for character development in the things we saw in the series, and I don't think the series itself quite delivered every time. Your fanfic is the perfect addition to the episode. Both Zorro and Lolita were written wonderfully, especially the dialogue. Awesome work!
Scroll Keeper chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for sharing it. :)

I have a feeling that the focus of that episode is not on either Lolita or Zorro at all, but on Tomas and his son, so Zorro's injury being downplayed actually makes a perfect sense to me. Not that I mind the guest characters, but it was such a treat for me to discover that your story takes the focus back to the main characters and further develops their relationship.

I am curious about something, however. Are Lopez and his wife your original characters? Because if they are not, I am embarrassed to say that I can't recall them from the series. ;;
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
This is a charming story!

To be honest, I've only watched a handful of Kaiketsu Zorro episodes (the ones I can find dubbed or subtitled in English). I'm not familiar with the events this is based on, but I enjoyed this story immensely. Your style of writing is highly engaging and the characterizations are superb. I can feel Zorro's wariness at how Lolita has become bait and Lolita's increasing infatuation with her hero.

I especially liked the part where Lolita compares Zorro to Diego in her mind, realizing she would eventually have to make a choice about their engagement, and again when Zorro broached the topic of Diego with her. Wonderful! It's also a bit sad because the answers are right in front of her, but she is blind to them.

The kissing scene is passionate and romantic - and I appreciated the small touch of humor that's present. Knowing the doctor might be listening in at the door had me chuckling softly. I can't help but wonder if Lopez senses the truth and that's why he left them alone together.

Loved the way Zorro vanished at the end; it suits his personality and the situation. It doesn't feel rushed at all to me. In fact, I'd love to see a companion piece to this: How does Lolita reconcile these two men when she learns his secret? How does she feel for the way she's treated Diego? If I'm not mistaken, she does find out near the end of the series, right?

The only thing that felt slightly off to me is how the leg wound seems to have no effect on Zorro's bearing. I imagine he might have a slight limp when walking or favor one side, but giving it more thought, it does makes sense the way you presented it. This is from Lolita's point of view and she can't "see" her hero as anything but perfect.

I hope you will write more for Kaiketsu Zorro! :-)