Reviews for Alternate Beginnings
twilliams1797 chapter 6 . 10/11
just read this again. Still funny. Thanks for your timer and effort .
twilliams1797 chapter 2 . 10/11
I have visualised Molly Ringwald ca.1980 as Emma
LordGrimstorm chapter 6 . 9/21
Bahaha, I loved it! The Breakfast Club is my overall favorite movie ever, and this was brilliantly done! Thank you for sharing, you have my utter respect for this one.
PappyOldGuy chapter 6 . 8/1
Intriguing and (well enough written in my opinion) a very good story. I like it, I like it a lot! It seems to be meshing the realities quite well, and I can hardly wait (but I will) to see where it all goes. I do know this, when someone who is not the creator of a character, writes about them, it is to have them do something that the creator doesn't want to or didn't think of. I know that I always think of my favorite characters doing things, I have never read of in books or seen them doing in movies. I think it is fantastic that others (here in "FanFiction") are actually writing their stories of what they want them to do in a "What If" world. For those who complain that the characters would not do this or that, forget them. You need to write this first for yourself, and then for the rest of us who do enjoy your take on what just might, could, should, would and probability (if a frog had wings, his ass wouldn't bump the ground nearly so often) can happen. I do know this as well, I am enjoying it and will follow it as long as you will write it. Also, do NOT feel pushed to post, sometimes the words and thoughts just flow and sometimes you have to cogitate for a bit. Just learn to let them grow at their own pace and those of us who appreciate them will be here to read them when they are posted.

Thank you so much for sharing.
PappyOldGuy chapter 2 . 8/1
An interesting start to what promises to be a good story. I have read quite a number of "FanFiction" stories, and many have been enjoyable. It looks like it will likely take a few chapters to get all your main characters and store line fleshed out, but with the hints provided I like where I see this going.

Thanks for sharing!
H Max Marius chapter 3 . 6/27
Breakfast Clubbing it huh...

Like how you've gender-flipped the roles too.
Aisha as Judd Nelson
Taylor as Emilio Estevez
Madison as Anthony Michael Hall (?)
Eddie as Ally Sheedy
Jason as Molly Ringwald. (Dad's the Businessman, so...)
I would kind of really, really like to see a continuation of this.
Corwyn chapter 6 . 5/21
Beautiful! Worth reading twice. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Spartacat10 chapter 6 . 5/23
Read this fic a long while back, just reread it. It's still a fun, light-hearted ride that I enjoyed reading.

The only thing I'd really have liked to see was more of a reaction from Madison when she learns Taylor's a cape. "Holy shit, I almost got Carrie'd."
Cereburn chapter 6 . 5/6
The weekly gag was awesome!
All together very well done, tone was a good match for what I remember from the movie - although that was a long long time ago for me.
Shepard131 chapter 6 . 4/21
as I was reading this, i was saying to myself, "this is just the breakfast club in worm."

good story like usual.
Spidey-phd chapter 1 . 10/16/2019
Bullying is a huge deal. My cousin was bullied - stolen assignments, sabotaged projects, "pranked" food, malicious rumors, etc. He even got locked into a locker (cleaner than Taylor's but it was a gym locker). He admitted a few years later how close he came to responding with disproportional levels of violence. Looking back he admits that he is now shocked about how seriously he was contemplating aggressively pursuing "justice".
I remember classmates who were suicidal or made horrible choices when they collapsed under stresses and pressures of their personal lives.
Honestly, I remain unsure of how to feel about the Undersiders. Did they exploit Taylor? Did they help her? Or were they broken people in a horrible world faced with a series of hellish challenges?
sean.peatman chapter 3 . 9/23/2019
I don't think I've seen a breakfast club crossover before. Well done on capturing the atmosphere of the movie and creating a plausible crossover.
Everyones Critic chapter 6 . 8/7/2019
This was great. I hope you do one day decide to continue it.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/30/2019
I would be really interested in a sequel to this.