Reviews for Bonds of the Past
talim258 chapter 5 . 6/12
I am really fascinated with your story and must say there were a few moments tears were flowing. Really great and heartfelt story. I like this akane so much more. Ich hope you will update sometime. Love
Please update
FlameDancerStar chapter 4 . 3/23
the scene at her mother's grave was so touching, I couldn't help but to cry. I loved how you wrote the sharing of lunch part. Just the right mix of innocence and intimacy
That first chapter had me on the verge of tears the whole time
kirbyfan1996 chapter 5 . 1/26
I like what's here. Hope you get back to this one day.
Blueninja33 chapter 5 . 10/30/2016
Love it! I really hope you continue this.
Blueninja33 chapter 4 . 10/30/2016
Loving this story!
Satyrykal chapter 5 . 10/8/2016
I like a score of other readers have fallen in love with this story. Just as we have a more mature Akane, I can also see the maturity and talent in your writing. You've taken a very serious issue that would resonate with all of us and brought it to life. Ranma 1/2 is one of my favorite mangas because it is so complex. It is a comedy but has breath and depth to it.

You're version of this story seems realistic to what could actually happen if the story continued without making our lovable cast out of character. I myself have often considered writing in this particular fandom but was never able to wrap my head around how to do it convincingly.

I sincerely hope that you update this story again. Or if not, you would consent to allowing it to be continued by another writer with your feedback notes and guidance. Sometimes life gets in the way of writing which I know very well, besides you expressed interest in an original work, but I know all of us here would love to see where your amazing story will lead.

All the best.

Cheers,
Satyrykal
eric2424 chapter 5 . 10/5/2016
Damn, I only landed in this website after getting an unexpected itch for some sort of good, romantic post-manga-ending stories. I came not caring less about cross-overs, alternate universes, and others rarities that I found and they seem to be the usual in fic lands. Even so I decided to give a try to this story after seeing its reception in the reviews and, oh boy, I'm fuc*ing sold. I truly appreciate the work of the author here: given the premise, the characterization still feels close to that seen in the original series; I loved the bittersweet but still charming feeling permeating each one of these five chapters; the slow (but not dragged) pace; and I kept being surprised by some of the dialog lines between the main couple.
Hopefully it can receive new updates. In any case, my kudos to the author.
Ulfserkr909 chapter 2 . 9/12/2016
I think, "So far, so good! Can't wait to see what happens next." This was some very good work, and I can't wait to read what happens when I get into the meat of the story. :)
You ROCK harder chapter 5 . 7/18/2016
The kisses were a bold move on Akane's part, but I was happy to see some time together for her and Ranma! So sweet!

So, I foolishly looked at the update date and thought nothing of it until now, when I realized what year we're in! I am, without a doubt, not one to throw stones about updates, but if you have a chance you should continue this story. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that it is too good to drop.

Thanks, hope all's well!
You ROCK harder chapter 4 . 7/17/2016
I really liked the whole lunch on the roof scene, so glad to see her getting flustered as if it were the first time! Honestly, it would have been such a loss if she hadn't reacted this way, those moments are truly priceless...and it would feel a little indecent of her if she really was, mentally, much older and flirting with a sixteen year-old. That reaction helped smooth out those wrinkles. ;)

I'm sad that I'm nearly caught up, I'm finding myself sneak-reading this throughout the day whenever I get a moment. Good job and looking forward to more!
You ROCK harder chapter 3 . 7/17/2016
Huh, didn't expect you to send her off to Genma to train, that should be interesting. Somehow I really thought it was going to fall on Ukyo to train/smack the tar out of her!

The Shampoo in the bath thing felt a little OOC for Shampoo, though. I know she had an agenda, and a lost bar of soap to find, but I just can't see her taking a loss and a threat from Akane and just moving on. HOWEVER, this is a rewrite the past story and has to follow some rules to keep the story firmly attached to its previous roots, so I can forgive it.

I hope Ranma gets a little more stage time with Akane soon, it's fun to watch how you let Akane toy with him just enough to keep him off kilter!
You ROCK harder chapter 2 . 7/16/2016
I want her to beat Shampoo, I really do, but her weak body shouldn't be able to :( Here's to hoping Akane pulls off some kick ass move and at least gets a good one in on the Amazon.

The whole night time scene was sweet, a bit forward, but sweet. I wanted her sisters' to give them a few moments alone, but I suppose that the Tendo family rarely does that!

This started drastically different, but feels like it's running on a parallel track to another story (that I also loved, btw), I believe it was Katchi who wrote it and the title was Past and Future? It remains unfinished and in the middle of a rewrite, but it has the same "Akane goes back in time and has to deal with trying to hide it" theme. It's a good theme!

And now, since I'm late to this party, I get to jump to the next chapter without waiting...yahoo!
You ROCK harder chapter 1 . 7/16/2016
I started reading this yesterday, and woke up dying to continue! I love where you're taking this!