Reviews for Refiner's Fire
OneSizeFitsAll chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Wow, that was...creepy. In a good way... :)
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
I am not sure I would go to the extremes portrayed here, but I will say that your prose was moving and evocative. Being a passionate Jedi proponent, the ideas about rejecting love and the Jedi being foolish do not resonate with me. However, Obi-Wan always sacrificing and giving is definitely dead on.

While I do understand about rules being a type of cage, I don't think Obi-Wan would have really chafed at them. If anything, they would comfort him and give him some grounding in a world spun out of control. I have always thought Obi-Wan truly became a Master on Tatooine, but not because he learned that rules are irrelevant. I think what happened was that he learned who he really is, without all the titles and prestige and power. He also learned what's important - that is to say, doing what he feels is right and not what others tell him his conscience should feel. He learned the lessons Qui-Gon could not formally teach him except by example. Different interpretation, but I'm glad you posted the fic to open discussion.
Tejesh chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
Oh wow. This is tragically beautiful. I like how Obi comes to the same conclusion Yoda did in the ROTS novelization. The fatal flaw that brought down his Order.