Reviews for Call Me Katto
SomeRandomPenName chapter 45 . 11/21/2019
First off: this is by far THE best fan fiction I have ever read, all fandoms included. I told myself I'd get my life back once I finished this story, only to realize as the number of chapters left grew smaller that there would be a whole other book... so I'm taking a small break to review. It's so hard to find good fics for an adult audience when the canon story was intended for a young public.
The ending left me brokenhearted. I tell myself Zuko also betrayed Katara in the canon story, in Ba Sing Se, and everything worked out in the end, but then they weren't as close at that point in the series as they were in your story. I don't know how he could ever be trustworthy ever again, no matter how attenuating the circumstances might be. By the way, I have to admit I loved the feminism in this story, and how you didn't hesitate to show a very ugly side to the beloved character that is Zuko. Neither him nor Katara, nor Sokka, nor Toph were perfect. Not even Suki and Aang! Everyone has made some mistakes at some point. It was interesting to see the contrast between the Fire Nation's and the Water Tribes' view of women, it gave the enemy a very real nobility, hard to deny for Katara. Zuko worships her for being a warrior, it's an important part of why he loves her. Iroh was one of my favorite characters in the series, and you depicted him perfectly. I loved his handling of the explosive Zuko, especially in the beginning: it felt exactly like watching the show. I actually chuckled to myself while reading (which is really rare for me). You delved into complex subjects like anger issues, warfare, first intercourses, wedlock, teen pregnancy, abortion, without ever idealizing or over-dramatizing the situation. I didn't roll my eyes once! The intrigue was incredibly well built, with no forced plot devices despite the need for a zutara romance, which isn't easy. Toph was especially well adapted to the M-rating of this story, with her precocious obsession for sex, I had a lot of fun reading her parts of the story. And congrats for making one of the few OCs I ever loved, and in so few sentences. Tyno just worked so well! Your epilogue put a balm on my aching heart. I loved this dorky mama's boy so much. Hope we'll get to see more of him. I noticed book 2 is unfinished... but I'll read as much as I can get my hands on. I do hope your projects of original writing are going well, and that you get published. Keep us posted if that is the case :)
rosecoloredboy1 chapter 45 . 10/15/2019
Honestly completely speechless at this story. I rea and I very rarely review because I'm a generally very unimpressed person, but oh man is this an exception. From start to finish I could not for the love of me stop reading and finished this in three (3) days (I really do mean it when I say I didn't stop reading haha). This is hands down one of the best, if not the best, fanfictions I've ever read. The tension is there, the, very good might I add, character development is there, clever plot writing and, what I personally really appreciate, the way the main characters act is believable, their actions have depth and the list goes on. I have to admit that I'm still bitter about the ending, though I noticed that there's a sequel, so I'm not giving up hope just yet. You're an absolutely incredible writer and, though I realize this story isn't recent I haven't checked if this profile is still active - it's too difficult from my phone, I hope you never stop writing despite the chance that you might never even read this. I write some myself but I've never gotten past a 100k words and honestly couldn't compare to the writer you are. Just phenomenal writing. Completely humbled by you.
Kaurinn chapter 13 . 8/8/2019
when did zuko find out kataras real name?
patrokhlus chapter 18 . 7/24/2019
“You aren’t my opponent. You’re my gay boyfriend.” I DIED
Sere'sLight chapter 45 . 5/31/2019
This was a very surprising ending but I’m very glad Tyno is alive. Is was very upset in rev chapter where he was hurt.
Guest chapter 45 . 5/27/2019
Oh my god. I’m not signed in, but what a goddamn trip.

I’m gonna, I was disappointed but not surprised in Zuko. They way you written him, he was so stubborn, so set in his ways and ideals, that by the time it was getting close to the end, he was not going to do what should have been done. You can just see in the way he just brushes everyone off and does not listen to anyone or heed anyone’s counsel. It’s so sad because the redemption for him just completely went over his head.

And that heartbreak from Katara. Sheesh! Definitely felt that in her fighting.

Also, you definitely nailed all of the characters, and even the original ones were also great.
SKZS chapter 45 . 5/2/2019
I absolutely loved this story! It was so addicting to read!
Birnan Midniht chapter 23 . 3/3/2019
Lmao, you go, Katara. Fight! for your hand in marraige lol
Birnan Midniht chapter 21 . 3/3/2019
What better interruption than an invasion?
Birnan Midniht chapter 20 . 3/3/2019
Oh, dear baconlord , Zuko no.
Birnan Midniht chapter 8 . 3/2/2019
Oh don't you worry about that. You can just take your time with the romance, I am having a flaming blast as is
Birnan Midniht chapter 7 . 3/1/2019
Zuni is starting to sound like A Master at Ignoring the Obvious. (HP fic reference, bc it is legitimately what's happening to Zuko's thought process xD)
Birnan Midniht chapter 6 . 3/1/2019
I can't omg the maniacal glee I'm feeling at all of the drama I can't *is dying*
Birnan Midniht chapter 5 . 3/1/2019
Zuko. Zuko. Laddie, lmfao, your desire to catch has leveled up to snatch.
Birnan Midniht chapter 3 . 3/1/2019
Hahaha, yes, I am starting to love this story
1,608 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »