Reviews for Starting Over
Guest chapter 9 . 9/6/2015
Enjoyable look at the lower decks and the lesser known crew of Voyager. Seeing events from a different perspective of Maquis adjusting to their new environment in a Starfleet vessel. Hope for more. Thanks. £££
80sarcades chapter 9 . 12/7/2014
Very nice story! Quite an enjoyable reading experience.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
This is fantastic!

Nitpick: Jor, Henley and Torres are not the only Maquis women aboard. The episode "Repression" shows us plenty of others (including a Vulcan woman, a Bajoran woman, a blonde woman, and probably more).

Besides that blooper this rocks. I love the detail you went in to about everything. And the discussions about Roberto and the others, who we know are going to die, was gut-wrenching.

I look forward to reading more about your versions of the lower decks characters!
Missyhissy3 chapter 2 . 6/5/2014
This chapter paints another well conceived picture of life below decks, with a host of believable detail. I particularly liked Tabor's musings about the obvious madness of Kes and Neelix as a couple ;)
CrlkSeasons chapter 9 . 6/1/2014
I've enjoyed the way that you fleshed out the characters, giving them weaknesses as well as strengths, and providing for differences of opinion that do not rely on previous Maquis or Starfleet affiliation.
I think that you rounded up the story on a particularly high note, with the final chapters providing a satisfying blend of first hand action and reflective character moments.
Alpha Flyer chapter 9 . 5/31/2014
Sad that it's over. A most satisfying ending to an immensely satisfying story. Kudos! :-)
Alpha Flyer chapter 8 . 5/31/2014
"What exactly did all these women see in Chakotay?" A question I have been asking myself, lo! these many years... ;-)
Guest chapter 7 . 5/31/2014
Really enjoying your story the characters and storyline get more intriguing with each chapter you write. Looking forward to more.
CrlkSeasons chapter 2 . 5/25/2014
I am glad to have this chance to meet Darwin and to know him as more than a footnote in someone else's story. So many of your decisions feel spot on. Your handling of Henley prepares the way for Chakotay to nominate her for Tuvok's training program. By the seventh season, Tom and Tabor have enough of a relationship outside the job that Tom asked Tabor to start running the movie program for him. It seems so appropriate to have Tabor be the Maquis that your chose to interact with Tom at this early stage.
I simply love the way that you breathe life into these, up-until-now, marginal characters and integrate them into events on the ship in a way that is natural and also enriches the original story.
Alpha Flyer chapter 2 . 5/25/2014
LOVED the look at Tom from Tabor's perspective. And Tom's very Tommish responses - the friendly detachment, the professional interest, the not-quite, cheeky warning, the helpful intervention. You, my dear, have the recognizable characters down to a T, and the onese we only see once, or only find on the manifest, are flesh and blood.
Missyhissy3 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
I enjoyed this. The characters and backstories you create for the Maquis work really well, and the glimpses of the well-known characters are totally believable and a lot of fun too.
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Oh, man - I love this. Reads like one of the stories from the "golden days" when Voyager was still on, the ones that got me into fanfic reading (and later writing) in the first place. I always loved "lower deck" stories in particular.
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
A welcome addition to the history of the early days on Voyager. I look forward to reliving these events through the eyes of the lower deck crew.
Delwin chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
Hooray! So good to see this starting to go up - very excited to follow along and enjoy it yet again!