Reviews for Firebird's Fury: Book III of the Firebird Trilogy
James018 chapter 36 . 9/16
Do you know that strangely empty feeling you get when something has been playing with your emotions for 500,000 words and suddenly, "oh, it's over"? I got it when I finished the real Harry Potter series, I've gotten it after a handful of particularly special fan fictions (maybe a dozen) and I'm getting it right now.

Thanks for sharing this story. It was a privilege to read.
renextronex chapter 8 . 9/6
this fic is so fucked up... Excellent!
BeckyH66 chapter 36 . 8/27
Loved the series and thought it was well written. Good editing. great character development and story line. Amazing read!
Kicknessell chapter 36 . 8/1
Just marathoned all three stories, and now I'm bawling like a little bitch. Pure genius!
The Age of Awesomeness chapter 36 . 7/23
Wow! This was amazing! I admire you for all of the hour you must've put into this work, and all of the hours your beta readers put in as well! I hope you keep writing, because you are simply a fantastic writer! Tell me, do you plan to publish any books soon? I'd love to see original works of yours!

Now, I could go on and on with praise for this trilogy I've read over the past few days, but I'd run out of words to praise it! I'll give a bit more, though! :)

This was incredibly OOC and a very different AU, but you've twisted it so very well! I have no other way to describe this than to say it's amazing to the highest level!
I do hope you write some original works, because I feel like you have the imagination, dedication and the skill to do it. I'd almost certainly buy books you'd written!

Anyways, I believe I will go haunt your page for a while and look to see if you have any other works that catch my eye! Maybe you'll see me on another work later today or tomorrow by favouriting things! XD

Either way, I hope you continue to enjoy writing, because this is simply amazing!
Eagle-Eyes chapter 36 . 7/4
Thank you so much for this series of stories. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them

Keepwriting as life allows
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 36 . 6/28
Now write one all about wand making :) I was very satisfied with that ending. I thought you would kill all three extra wives. Would have liked a little sappy Luna/Harry cuddle scene, but I can't just envision my own :) thank you so much for all the work, thought, time, and energy you put into this.
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 21 . 6/27
I'm so sad that the end of this story is so close! I hope at least a few of your others can live up to it :(
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 2 . 6/24
Oh, god. You are going to catch up with, and surpass the flash forward right? I know you will, but some small part of me knows some people are mean enough to let that be the end!
LaserDream165 chapter 36 . 5/28
I can't believe that this is the first time I read this trilogy it was so good I binge read all three in 2 days I can't wait for your worm/up crossover thank you for all the hard work and please keep writing
szw5009 chapter 36 . 5/16
Thanks!
Embrathiel chapter 36 . 5/11
What to say? Well, I have just read through the trilogy for the second instance, remembering to favorite it, as it deserves. You other works are excellent as well, but this one has stood out for some time. It draws out all the best emotions, and even some of the confusing ones. What a wonderful tale you have wrought. Please, keep up the good work.
Elise
Thyrann chapter 36 . 5/7
Dark and brilliant. Ideas and the main storyline far exceeded any expectation in a good way. Sometimes it felt a little rushed, but otherwise the overall quality is probably better than the original author of HP. At least in my opinion.
Only thing lacking in this story is a bigger epilogue. After such a journey I would like to know more about what happened next with other characters.

Nevertheless an excellent saga of a fanfiction from a superb author.
Thanks for the story.
Tinithor chapter 36 . 5/2
Well after marathon reading all 3 parts to this story i feel it's at the very least worth a review. Certainly a piece of high quality writing and i appreciate the time taken by you and your beta readers that made it such.

As far as story goes, i'll give you credit in your restructuring of the entire HP universe. Normally i don't read fics that change canon so much as to be unrecognizable but honestly i think learning more about the way the world worked in your fic was probably my favorite part of it. It was quite well thought out and i certainly enjoyed the idea behind it.

In regards to overall storytelling, i'd say i felt the first part was by far the weakest of the 3. Harry was ... annoying to read for most of it which was probably intentional cause he was so young and new to everything, but at the same time it just felt kind of strange, it didn't feel natural the transition he makes between the 1st and 2nd books from basically a whiny little muppet who can't even control his own magic half the time to the stone cold killer he becomes.

After the 2nd book starts the writing seemed to hit its stride though as you kind of fell into the intended tone you wanted for the story i think. I'd say the 2nd part was by far the best of the three. I enjoyed the plots of the Sabbat and the goings on in Hogwarts as well as the character interactions between Harry's family.

While the third part wasn't bad per say i feel like something was definitely lost when you left Hogwarts and changed the scope of the story to a world wide war. It felt a bit rushed really and changed from a normal story about the characters to more of a historical telling of the war for the most part. I feel like in expanding the scope of the story so wide you were forced to abandon most of the detail that made the 2nd part so good. Also it kind of stretched my suspension of disbelief when you made it to the point that Voldemort was able to conquer and enslave basically all of Magical Europe within a year.

On the whole it was a pretty well done story, definitely worth the read, my only other minor comment was that i thought that it was funny that in a story filled with absolutely gruesome deaths, people having limbs blown off , chopped off, entire bodies exploded , descriptions of impaling and the like, that you felt compelled to write a trigger warning on a chapter where a girl was raped. It wasn't even a graphic scene, probably written in the least offensive or graphic way you could. Ridde describes how he was raped in probably greater detail several times. Its just a bit strange that something that was one of the honestly more tame things that happened to someone within the story warranted a trigger warning in the midst of all the other horrifc crap.
Jesseblackhawk chapter 1 . 4/27
just finished this after 2 weeks reading the other two in the trilogy hands down one of the best on this site
1,781 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »