Reviews for Eulogy for a Headmaster
radixlecte chapter 1 . 11/21/2002
Wow. That was amazing. I'm trying really hard not to cry. That was a wonderful, wonderful tribute to Richard Harris.

Emily
Airelle Vilka chapter 1 . 11/21/2002
Tears are streaming down my cheeks... thank you, that was wonderful. Requiescat In Pacem
deSevera chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Thank you. I was never really sure (and still am not completely convinced) that Richard Harris was the ideal Dumbledore. I suppose we all have our own ideas on that. He was a great actor. I am too young to have seen him in anything else, but I've heard about them.

As always, your writing is poignant without being mawkish or soppy.

desevera
Aerial chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
AHHHHH! I found out about his death one hour and fourteen minutes after he died (without including the time change). I found out about your story while I was on the computer at school, but was kicked off before I could review. So sorry!

It's really good and sad. :-( It just happens that I had started a movie about Abraham right the week before he died.

Keep writing!

-Aerial ;-)
Miracle Vedilien chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
That was... i can't even *begin* to describe it. I'm just at a loss for words...

Beautiful, gorgeous... I never saw too many movies of Harris's but the few that I saw... they were wonderful. Your tribute to him was great.

-Miracle
Draco-luver chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
That was beautiful. Simply beautiful. It made cry and laugh lightly at some points. It was simply as beautiful as Richard himself and Dumbledore. I cried when I saw the newspaper artical saying he had passed, which I still have. He was a great and wonderful man. Richard and Dumbldore.

Simply beautiful.
whisper not signed in chapter 1 . 10/30/2002
A touching tribute, thank you for sharing.
DarkEmerald chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
What a lovely, sad, timely story, linking Dumbledore with the wonderful actor who portrayed him in the first two movies. Those of us old enough to remember "Camelot," I think, must be especially moved by the passing of Dumbledore.

Thanks, SB, for a cathartic reading experience.
TALEWG chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
Awwww...This was so-awwwww. It was sad and so...well in the end it was very-well, it's lacking a word. Only "awwww" works. I truely love your stuff.
Emma13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
That was the most touching fic I have ever read. I thank you, and my kleenex thanks you.
sparrow chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
wonderful story, we truly lost a great man, not only a great actor. Your story is touching and my eyes are still full of tears!
iwasateenager chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
You made me cry.
Nytd chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
This was a wonderfully thought-out and written tribute.

Each character's response seemed to be appropriate for that person. Even Snape. I truly believe that Dumbledore's passing would be one of the very rare things ideed that could reduce the man to tears.

And as for myself, I was induced to shed a few myself by the time Harry stood up.

Being an 'older writer' myself, I was fortunate enough some years ago to have nearly front row seats to see Camelot, and will remember Richard Harris fondly as Arthur and Dumbledore.

Nicely done!
Mykerinos chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
*sigh* What can I say?

The piece was wonderful; truly, truly sad. And as for Richard Harris... Even sadder. Like VoyICJ said, a part of Dumbledore died with him. He really helped me creating a lovely image of the character. *smiles sadly* No, I don't think that that image can be replaced very easily.
Lady PhoenixFyre chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
This made me cry.

The eulogies delivered are just my idea of what I'd like to be said when it's my time. Of course, since I'll be lying in a box I wouldn't be able to hear it, right? Wishful thinking on my part that I'll be remembered as fondly.

Oy. Now I've gotten morbid AND wistful. Not a good combination.

A wonderful tribute to one of my favorite characters in canon and fanon.
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »