Reviews for nine2five 2,10 Pushing Daisies
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 5/27/2015
Whoa!
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 5/27/2015
More and more entertaining. Thanks. I also like how you mirror some scenes. Is it a technique, for fun or the readers entertainment (at this one anyway)?
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 5/27/2015
I really like your Ellie. You've really made the female characters of Carina, Hannah, Diane Beckman and even Ellie more relevant with your story (Sarah goes without saying).
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
Wow! The story keeps getting better and better. When I read I try to guess where the story is headed. I have no idea where its going other than restoring our heroes...Cool!
Molotov chapter 4 . 7/27/2014
There's a lot to like in this story, first and foremost being I got it all. I don't know if that means I've got more clarity than usual, but many of the early chapters felt like I was reading a screenplay and lacking some visuals. I didn't feel like I missed anything; it never felt like you had a clear picture in your head and were telling me about it. It was all on the page.

I liked a better explanation of why Volkoff's data network is called Hydra. Or at least why it doesn't have a more obvious name. I think ultimately Hydra was picked cause it sounded cool, and you're just left to work with the hand canon dealt you.

The Beckman/Ellie exchange was great, Casey/Chuck was fun. Too many (poor) writers here have Chuck say stupid shit and Casey grunt and get angry in response. In reality (the show's reality), Casey is equally clever and quippy, if more biting. And you get that. And I am grateful for it

Look, I (might) could say more, but I am excited to continue reading, and is there a better compliment someone can give a writer?
BCC1 chapter 4 . 7/5/2014
Brilliant episode! Loved the cavity search! Had me rolling around with laughter :-)
resaw chapter 4 . 6/19/2014
That was a vivid description of Vivian and her father as Volkoff dispatched Yuri. She asks about Yuri's death in a calm voice, but is horrified at the thought of her father destroying his life's work, and rounds out the complexity of her feelings by feeling protective of Chuck when Volkoff effectively blames him as the cause of Yuri's death.

Ellie with Orion's computer has always been an interesting piece for me. As I recall the TV series, it felt like more could have been done with that story line, so I look forward to your take on it.

Hmm, how will Cruz figure in the story at this stage of your rewrite?

An enjoyable read. Sorry for the delay in reviewing, Marc. Thanks again for continuing with nine2five.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 6/15/2014
I loved how things are progressing. Hydra is back in Volkoff's hands and Yuri is dead. Sarah got injected with the antitoxin. Chuck and Casey are in Prague. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
First off, I want to say thank you for writing a Casey and Doc Brown scene. There were three conversations I wish the show had given us, and Casey's with Doc Brown in "vs. The Tooth" is one of them. And it was good. A good expansion on Casey's woefully lacking backstory, especially the idea that the T-1000 (I know the character's names, and the actors, but I'm feeling like a 'refer to them by their most iconic roles' mood) deliberately failed Casey so that he could make him into what he is.

Now as for Chuck, I'm confused. Maybe if I re-read all of this story and maybe the previous (which I can't, cause I'm at work), I'd get a clearer picture but let me see if I get this... Chuck is, like, an almost-Carmichael? It's not the psychological split/takeover like we had with the Carmichael persona, but it's something similar and that's what has him all kookoo for Cocoa Puffs?

At any rate, conclusion to this thrilling installment is next. Bring it!
resaw chapter 3 . 6/7/2014
I love that opening dialogue between Chuck and Dreyfus. It's vivid. I can see the situation unfolding in my mind's eye. A great opening.

What are you saying?! Beckman is back to the usual unimaginative military response: when someone goes wrong, kill him... It sounds an awful lot like Volkoff: Death is the solution to all problems. Say it ain't so, Marc.

"Or something like that." A deft hand, sir. I liked that line. It got a chuckle out of me.

Point of clarification. I understood the shot to be a tracker (subcutaneous). Is it also an antitoxin? That seems to be what is being said in the dialogue (I may have missed that from a previous chapter). And then you describe trackers (plural) as "smeared all over the inside of one sleeve." Maybe I'm fussing over details that don't matter, but what was done to/for Sarah?

I really enjoyed this chapter. Thank you.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 6/7/2014
I loved how Chuck escaped and found himself at Dr. Dreyfus' house.o I loved how along with Casey they caught up to Ellie and Carina at the prison riot. Please continue.
resaw chapter 2 . 6/3/2014
I like that opening scene for a couple of reasons. First, it portends the discovery of Orion's computer under the seat of the Mustang. Second, and this is the more meaningful, I think: Manoosh is maturing. In canon, Chuck had a lot of maturing to do, and one of the observations about Manoosh, when he appeared in series, was that he was much like Chuck. Here you portray him as having matured considerably, having found a purposefulness to his life, and a newfound respect for women, thanks to his interactions with Ellie. And, of course, you make Ellie a much more significant figure in your story, which has also been en element I have appreciated and enjoyed.

That piece between Ellie and Carina in Ellie's office is great and so full of the Carina character. She knows she should get up and let Ellie sit at her own desk, but she chooses not to. What an obnoxious character! And considering the penance she paid for events earlier in your nine2five series, I would have thought she would have been a bit more chastened and humbled, but I guess her incorrigible character just cannot be helped.

Yes, this is a different Sarah without Chuck. If you will excuse me for asking this, does the toxin play any role in Sarah's behaviour? I may have lost the thread of its impact on Sarah, but my recollection is that she has not received any treatment to counter its effects yet. Or is it all Sarah without the mooring of Chuck's more pacific nature? Or, does she any chance to take out or maim one of Volkoff's men as an opportunity not to be wasted?

A well-written, thought-provoking, and deeply engaging chapter for me. Thank you.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/2/2014
I agree completely. I have witnessed darkness that never leaves you the same. i also know that I would not hold back for those who crossed me either. Like I always said," I love it on the edge" but that edge has two equal sides. Cheers, Tshadow
Molotov chapter 2 . 6/2/2014
This shit's getting intense. I particularly enjoyed Sarah's no-bullshit stance with Volkoff's underlings there at the end.
I'm sad it'll be a long time before Chuck and Sarah are back together. Really, that's all I ever want, even if it doesn't make for the most compelling of stories. But I surely shall enjoy this ride you're taking us on, good sir.
phnxgrl chapter 2 . 5/31/2014
I loved this darker Sarah shooting the guard that helped the Gobbler to escape and maiming the person who tried to give her a cavity search. Very gruesome. Please continue.