Reviews for Silent
revolutionsoftheheart chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
I want to say thank you for this. The show will never go this deep into Regina's sex/relationship life because it's a 'family show', but it's exactly what needs to be told. Every step she takes with Robin, including making love (it's the first time mutual love is involved and acknowledged by both), is a huge leap of faith for her character, and it shouldn't be taken lightly. We get glimpses on the show of what this relationship means to her, but it's so much more than that. It's putting down her walls one by one (oh how I loved when you mentioned that there was one left that she didn't want him to break yet). It's remodelling her into a new person, not quite the young Regina because she is never going to be that innocent again, but she's letting go of her past and learning to grasp happiness when it's around her. (As Charming would say "Life is made of moments...")

Anyway, sorry about the small ramble. But I loved it, and I think you're spot on on everything. :)
silvertonedwords chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
Before I forget to say it, I loved the last line, the idea of being lulled to sleep by thundering. Beautiful.
This area is so rich for Regina, sex, power, control, and what it means for the soul. This show centers so often on women, and this is a side of that that's fascinating to explore and think about. The section with Rumple was particularly heartbreaking. Really interesting character study of Regina through this lens.
17 | « Prev Page 1 2