Reviews for Stop Signs
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Really loved this insight into "The Man Who Would Be King" - our very own Castiel. Your title is, as always, inspired. There were so many signs to "stop", but Cas didn't look or hear hard enough. Then, at the eleventh hour, he's looking for a direct sign from God Himself - perhaps in a loud voice from afar? How could he have missed all the signs God sent to him?

Loved the last line - it sets such an interesting scene . But I must admit, I'm not sure of the significance beyond the obvious that snow in July is a sign unto itself. My mind also visited that old "protest" song - "Signs, Signs Everywhere". :)

Thanks for sharing this with us. I always enjoy reading your stories. I imagine that it's getting harder and harder to keep a positive upbeat feeling about the boys after this tumultuous season. :( Enjoy your summer and I'll be grateful for any story you take the time to share. Until next time...
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Ohhhhhh this is so saddening. Because the signs had been there all along, of course, poking him and prodding him with the messages but he kept on plowing through them until the eleventh hour when suddenly he demands to see something to turn him around. Never thinking back to everything that's made his conscious prickle this entire time.

Sad because this is so believable.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Not a Castiel fan here, but I'm glad I persevered to the end. Loved that last line. :D

Well done. :)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Great piece, really powerful and a good insight to Castiel.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
I always like stories that try to give us insight into what the 'SN' characters are thinking.
Castiel had so much input and advice from friends and foes, but in the end he did still choose his own way. Castile may not always choose the right way or answer, but since he has chosen free will and thought, he does get to make his own choice. (not sure that makes sense, but it did in my head :)
Thanks again for continuing to share your stories with us.
Take care.
GaelicAngel chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Yep and look where that got him. I loved your take on this and seriously Cas should have just listened to Dean in the first place.
Loved it and great work as always, can't wait for a new posting!
Disasteriffic Kaz chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
oh LOVE this! Makes a fantastic addition to that episode and what was going through Cas' mind! Thank you so much! :D Made a nice little surprise for me as well back from the hospital today. I'm now appendix free after an exciting 48 hour lesson on just how much that hurts. LOL
zekeschance chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Very nice introspective piece on Cas. I can totally see his side here, wrestling with which way is the right way and only wanting a sign to tell us we're doing what we're supposed to. I guess the answer will be found in his heart. Thanks and looking foward to whenever you decide to post another story! I always look forward to your stuff. Enjoy your summer!
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Castiel had plenty of signs, he just didn't see them as such. Whatever happened to Cas believing that God works in mysterious ways? The days of signs being flashed across the heavens were long gone. He should have realized that having all of those people/creatures tell him what he was doing was wrong, THOSE were the signs! Unfortunately, Crowley got ahold of Cas early in the game, and Cas couldn't kick the thrill of pride that he got from thinking that he was chosen by God to set things right. He should have stayed with Team Free Will, instead of going off with Crowley. He should have learned from Sam's mistake. Wonderfully powerful piece! :)
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Ooo! A supernatural story that leaves me with something to chew on! I love it. Castiel demanding a great miraculous can't-miss-it sign and getting loads of them, just not in the ways he wanted to, so he doesn't even see. I'm puzzling over that last image - with the tropical flowers and the july snow. I know that's what was shown in the episode, but I'm not quite grasping the symbolism (if there is any, maybe I'm reading too deep). Anyway, it's marvelous to me that you manage to take these characters, keep them in canon and in character, and reveal truth all at the same time!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Poor Cas. It must be so hard to live your entire life under the direction of someone else then suddenly find yourself having to make your own decisions. Even when he chose wrongly, you've still kind of got to feel some sympathy for him!
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
I love the last line - so much meaning in it! All of this was brilliant, though - Cas always tries so hard to do the right thing.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
The power you can wring out of so few words never ceases to amaze me. This brief piece brings Castiel's crisis, and all the voices (besides his Father's) that might sway him, into focus. Wonderful. (And whatever you are able to write this summer, I am looking forward to it!)
Visionairy chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Very powerful! You can say so much in few words. Excellent! Can't wait to read whatever you can post this summer!
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Pure excellence, as always. I really liked it, even though I normally don't appreciate stories in which the Winchester boys aren't central. Great job.

And p.s. - I'm anxiously waiting (hoping) for a story from you regarding the season nine finale (hint hint) :)