Reviews for Of Cakes and Conversations
Alva chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
Do not know what to say, I love it!
LunaNotLoony chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
The checklist thing worked so well, and I loved how you got the differences between the twins. It was beautiful.
DolbyDigital chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
This was absolutely perfect! I really liked Molly's run-through of her children, and I loved that Fred and George were so different. A lot of people write them as being essentially the same character, but the differences here - and how you highlighted them so beautifully - worked really well.
alwaysmarauders chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
This was beautiful, and it nearly made me cry. I loved it so much, and your writing is flawless. Your characterization of George and every else was great as well, and I loved the interactions. It felt like something that would legitimately happen. Great job! From what I've seen, I really love your work.
The Dreaming Hare chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Well, the painful lump in my throat that entire read lets me know that I definitely found it touching. Molly's checklist was so sad, but I liked that you had her cooking as a distraction. The whole 'Fred wouldn't survive George's death' thing, was freakin' heart-wrenching considering what actually happened. I liked Molly thinking about how Fred's eyes gave away his every emotion, and how it was the easiest way to tell the twins apart. A very well written story!
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Aww, that was amazing. You write this sorta thing so well, and I sort of thought it would be a repetition of what you've done before- but each time you write them you make it unique. It was a really nice concept because real life families actually do this, but they have so much more to deal with than anyone else. And yet, in the middle of a war, they're happy. Great job.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
I think I just fell a little in love with you. Between this one, and the last one I read, you are perfectly perfect. So talented, and I love you and I'm jealous of the magic you can make with words.

I love the attention to detail you use in your stories.

The check list Molly has is heartbreaking, I think more so because I know what happens to Fred. And yeah, that's another thing that makes this so heartbreaking. /I know what happens to Fred/.

You are amazing.
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Stop making me cry, dammit. Everything about this... like the fact that the whole thing was Molly and Fred worrying about George when it's Fred who ultimately dies, or both brothers being like scared little boys, open and honest with Molly, and Molly being so strong for them even when she's terrified herself. Everything was just perfect. The contrast between the twins's personalities was a nice touch. And I loved how you both started and finished with Molly's list and going to sleep beside Arthur. It was a heartwarming moment to end such a cruel, cruel story and it worked. Great job here.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
I really like Molly's mental checklist of where her children are - that was a wonderful way to show her maternal side towards her other kids as well, which is such a big part of her character. Both conversations that she has were also written very well, and I love the way you showcase the difference between the twins: Fred's passionate anxiousness versus George's calm rationality. The way you utilized foreshadowing in this piece was also absolutely wonderful - sad, but just so well-done, knowing what happens to Fred.

SPaG was very good, and I only noticed one error:
'As she entered Molly felt more peaceful' would probably read better as 'As she entered her bedroom, Molly felt more peaceful'.

I really like the timeframe in which you set this piece, also - there are so many angsty!twins fics after Fred's death, but I haven't seen too many set around this time period, which made it refreshing and original.
AHighAndLonesomeSound chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
To me, this works perfectly as a prequel to Deathly Hallows. It's exactly the way I would expect Molly and the twins to behave, and it's nice to see that you captured the twins in one of their rare serious moments. Good to see you highlighting the contrasts between the two of them as well :)
Ralinde chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
I absolutely loved this! It is packed with emotion and everyone feels very in character. There are tons of 'how-does-George-feel-after-Fred's-death' stories, but I can't remember ever having read one that focused on how Fred felt after George's ear got blown off.
(... And Fred would be nearly so, because you couldn't have one without the other.) Ouch, foreshadowing. :(

It is such a Molly thing to start baking a cake when she can't sleep - of course she would know fear better than anyone (I doubt she'd call it a friend though, more a foe). Ticking of each of her children to check where they are and if they are well is very characteristic.

I secretly have a feeling she didn't mess up the cake dough, but only told Fred so as a comforter.

Their conversation flowed well and it's good to see that his Mum is still the person he confides his secrets in.
Even though he's more calm about it, George does the same thing and it just goes to show how great a mom Molly actually is. I wish everyone could have a mum like Molly.
deletes chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Oh, this was cruel. The feels cut deep. Seriously, this was a brilliant story. Starting and finishing with Molly mentally checking where every one of her children were was so IC, and very effective. Your characterisation of the twins was amazing. It's great to see this more serious side of them, as it's not often shown in canon. Fred being so desperate to keep George safe, and so sure that he would /die/ without him almost made me cry. Ow, irony and angst. George being similarly worried about Fred being so focused on his safety was beautiful. I love it.
MissWitchx chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I think the way you paralleled the differences between the twins really well here; the story had a perfect balance of fluff and darkness. I haven't come across many fics that focus on the differences between Fred and George, so it was very refreshing to read something a little different. Great job! :)
deerlypadfoot chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
This was so sweet and yet so tragic. Such bittersweetness! You have beautiful command of your words; it's astonishing and enviable how wonderfully you craft them. I absolutely loved the comparisons between the twins, and Fred's vulnerability in terms of George. It actually does wonders in explaining Fred's death, as well as George's reaction to it. Which makes me so sad. Really. But this is a happy little fic, too, like a breath of fresh air before the walls explode. I adore your characterization of Molly here, and in particular the use of her mental lists; that was a great touch. Overall a very, very lovely little story, and a new addition to my favorites :)
OCD ADD Goldfish chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
This was really bittersweet. And the Twins being so concerned about each other is heartbreaking, considering what happens. Anyway, great story!