Reviews for Security!
Therapy chapter 40 . 7/17
I get the feeling the author went through therapy at one point and it was very good for them. I think that therapy can be good for some people, but it is not a cure all for every problem people have, not even close. The way this story seems to just go "therapy" and suddenly everything is okay bothers me, but whatever. Aside from that, is Yamada the only therapist in the world? She seems good, I get it, but why does she have to personally cure everyone?

The human interactions are way off in this story. I've never met people who hug every three sentences, nor give random strangers total trust in mere moments. The fact that the main character knows stuff does not change anything, and in fact would have the opposite effect. If some random person came up to me and started telling me all of my deepest secrets, then trust is the last thing I would give that person.

These are personal gripes. This is a fan fiction so obviously it needs no bearing on reality, or to make any attempt to keep with the source material. The writing is above average, and when looking at the story as its own thing, has good structure. Good work on this story, even if I don't personally enjoy it much.
ShaiGar chapter 5 . 6/22
Damnit. This just reminded me, it's been half a year since I practiced the seven compliance holds they taught us at the cert ii. not sure I remember them.
TegwenielWestwind chapter 1 . 6/14
Normally with stories this long, I worry about scenes dragging on and being filled with needless minutiae. Not here. This story offers good pacing, touching scenes and character growth, and a whole lot of entertainment.
V01dSw0rd chapter 42 . 5/31
instead of BUT at the beginning of the sentence, use 'However,' (proper grammer) - when Piggot looks around for Consessa.
V01dSw0rd chapter 41 . 5/31
it seems like there is no space in between 'had' & the bolded 'confidence' during Taylor's POV.
Similar to the first space in 'the world is changing' - though that might be due to 'world' being in italics while the rest is not (when talking with Lung)
Finally, the same for 'A friend' - Taylor talking to Danny, insisting that Chris is not her boyfriend.
Morbious20 chapter 54 . 5/31
Awesome story
V01dSw0rd chapter 39 . 5/31
I've never heard the phrase 'on to my' - though it's fairly obvious it implies something like 'talked with'. Kind of like 'on with' - as in on the phone with.
Same kind of thing with 'Theo's good people' - I would say 'good person', but this phrase is almost the same thing - and is something I can easily picture being said...
V01dSw0rd chapter 25 . 5/30
Kayden's line, starting with "I -" isn't in italics... (in the phone call), same with the dialogue starting with "Because Kaiser"
And did Lisa really get told she would be feeling better? It seem that way to me... Not in an obvious way at least.
V01dSw0rd chapter 17 . 5/30
wouldn't it be 'send you FURTHER orders'? FARTHER is odd...
(typos dig at me... XP)

I LOVE these interludes!
"Quality-assurance threats." Being middle management in a villain enterprise must be really hardcore.
Somehow, the power of friendship just feels that much more friendly when it isn't coming in the form of a creepy fat guy with a terrible beard.
"I held it to my shoulder and dry-fired it"

This guy needs to get some actual bloody gun safety beaten into his head. Fucking mall cops. You don't DO that, especially not in a residential area. A gun is ALWAYS loaded. You removed the mag and checked that there's no round? It's *still* loaded. The one you do that and you forgot to double-check first is the time you put a bullet through someone's child.

Massively unprofessional, but then, what would you expect from the type who'd store an automatic rifle in their bedroom wardrobe or whatever.
Uh, microwaving a hard drive is useless against *normal* forensics.

It doesn't even *touch* the data *at all*. It destroys the control chip, but any good data recovery expert will have some of those lying around for *exactly* this sort of situation.
Ser Vince chapter 14 . 5/19
I like the role playing Mack does with Svetlana, it really makes you like his character. Love the story.
"Christ, I'm stirring up *swarms* of butterflies."

Are we sure *he*'s not the bug controller? ;)
1,162 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »