Reviews for Indelible Ink
NotebookPaper chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Thank you.
Cheriku chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
I absolutely love this. It has enough drama without it being too dramatic and you captured Zell's feelings perfectly, as well as the way he would act while mourning. I also like how you wrote a fic for Zell in general since most of the focus seems to be on Squall and Rinoa in the game, and it was nice for him to have the spotlight for a change.

Wonderful job, and I'm looking forward to your next update. :)
kayla chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
this was beautifully done, and incredibly poignant.
Kein Sylvan chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
You gave a name to the library girl with the pigtails! Can I ask why you chose 'Lilly'?

Well, dunno if you did this before, but anyway... Good one shot. It's not usual to find Zell so down. He had a bad time and it makes you feel bad for him. That Lirie girl looked like a great person, and SeeD.

Thanks for sharing this. Like it.
Bebedora chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Just wonderful.

It's refreshing not only to see Zell as a main character at all, (he's so often cast aside for 'bigger players") but to see him in such a serious role/mood is wonderful. Too often he's only used as comic relief, which is totally okay because, let's face it-the boy's a hoot. But to see him like this: vulnerable, grief-stricken and feeling responsible...it's a breath of fresh air.

Great job, love. You should be very proud.

B
Summoner Luna chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Before reading your author's note at the bottom I was thinking that this was very appropriate to post on Memorial Day. :) (At least, it was already after midnight on the east coast!) I like this quite a lot-I know we made various comments on fb about how Zell doesn't get enough love, but it's true. He's so often pushed into a sidekick role, and it's not often someone takes the time to explore him on an emotional level. I especially appreciate the subtleties of Zell's role in Balamb-you did a great job illustrating how important he still is to the town without being obvious about making that point-it was such a natural part of the conversation, which made it more significant. Write more Zell, please!
KingNothing497 chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Brilliant piece! I am right in saying that your writing muse picking Zell was justified!

I like how even though Zell as a mercenary who knows he needs to be silent about his job still blabs about it anyway (Typical Zell). Hopefully we get to see more of this new Zell if you do any more stories set round this time!
Emerald-Latias chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
As I can't sleep just yet, this was a nice thing to read!

It's good to see Zell taking the spotlight for this type of sad fic. Oftentimes it's Squall in this role (usually mourning Rinoa or another of his friends) but it's a nice change of pace (though I do like me some angsty Squall) because it showcases that thoughtful side we sometimes don't see in fic. It brings out the depth of his character while highlighting the world they live in as mercenaries for hire where a single miscalculation can do so much damage - especially with someone like Zell who, as the one shot mentioned, relies more on agility and good timing than brute strength and distance a weapon can provide.

I really liked the tie-in analogy for the title because it's so true and makes for an excellent metaphor. Charlie makes an excellent make-shift therapist too in knowing how to prompt questions and prod answers out of people while being mindful of the fact that the SeeDs/cadets who come in can't always be open about some details.

All and all, excellent! (But it always is. Speaking of which, when I'm out of this uber-writers block, remind me to catch up on Bells.)