Reviews for Outside
kitty22803 chapter 1 . 11/28/2017
I love Olicity. Really, I do. They're absolutely adorable. However, I can understand why Katie Cassidy said that. You see, in the comics, Oliver and Laurel end up together, and half the time the cast doesn't know where the show is gonna go, which is probably why she said that at that time.
AlanaSG711 chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Absolutely love it. ]
JTSplash chapter 1 . 12/30/2014
Perfect. Made me like laurel a bit:)
illyara chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
You do not imagine how much I liked your story, I love when Laurel can finally see what has always been in front of her. And while I personally like Katie Cassidy, I think she's a very versatile actress given the diversity of characters she has played in her career; I HATE Laurel Lance, she is so blind, so closed mind, so sure she and only she may be right, besides the way she use to poor Tommy (and look what happened in the end, she discover that she loved him, just as he dies) ... Ooh god I hate she character so, sooo badly u_u' !

So it's nice to read stories where she can see, not everything and not everyone revolve around her. Some finally learn to get on with his life and find someone better (Felicity is better than her in any way you want to see it, Oliver agrees with me n_n) so I can only tell you that you did a great job.
Broken.Bells chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
I love this. When I started seeing Arrow I loved Laurel Lance because to me, at the time, even through all that she had been forced to endure, she was strong and her own person. I don't know what the writers were thinking after season 1 but they definitely ruined her character for me because it was like they wanted to make her out as someone who fell and got up better and stronger and they didn't exactly succeed in that. She stopped being a strong character and started becoming a filler character. I miss the Laurel from season 1 who took nobody's bs. Even if in season 3 she has come back a little, her interactions seem strained. In response to Katie Cassidy's work, she's a great actress, of that there is no doubt but like you I disagree with her opinion on the fact that they [Oliver & Laurel] are meant to be together. Not only because that wouldn't be a healthy relationship for any of the two involved but also because they have no chemistry.
PrecariousEm chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Love this! Although I'm glad the show hasn't trained Laurel so quickly, the first couple of episodes of S3 show she feels a certain entitlement to be on the team, which I think you address nicely and with more grace than most of us feel. I hope show!Laurel comes to a realization similar to what you have written. I might even be able to like her if TPTB write her as more gracious, like you have. Thanks!
sam chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
it is great what you have written. i generally don't tend to leave any opinions but i just had to about this particular one. even though i am a die-hard olicity shipper, i hate the fact that people hate laurel's character. she is her own person and you maintained that throughout this little story...i loved it and would love to read more of your work.
from a true fan
Sofie chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
I really enjoyed this! :D
ferrisbueller chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
I liked the way you wrote Laurel's realization. Very nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Random thing...when I see the characters listed and has Oliver and Felicity in the brackets it kinda looks like laurels looking in. Lol
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
I completely agree with you about the whole Katie Cassidy thing. I don't think it's bad to defend your character, but at the same time I feel like she just wants her character to be relevant. I'm not trying to character-bash either, by the way.

But this story was good. Laurel finally realizing that it wouldn't work out was a great scene and you managed to portray her in an honest light.
Molnia chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Thank you for the lovely story! Despite I think the show will still reveal more of Oliver/Laurel relationship, its too late for them being together. They do care about each other (and always will be), no doubts, but they have already grown from their relationship and it's what they should realise. Especially Laurel. ('cause I think the Oliver's affection for Felicity is quite obvious).
Caitlin51 chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
I really liked it! And I definitely agree with your premise and I'm hoping that Laurel will develop a friendship with Oliver, not a relationship in Season 3.
Princess of Imagination chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Awesome fic! Loved it!
kimberweasly chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
you should do more laurel point of view. i believe you portray her perfectly and would love to see more of that.