Reviews for Blood Binding
EviePotter181 chapter 1 . 4/17
Please please continue
RAVENCLAWDISTRICT1 chapter 1 . 4/5
I really love your story I just wish it had some Hinny but I understand you're trying to follow the original plot
Great story. Thanks.
Bad Wolf chapter 43 . 3/16
Please excuse how confusing this will sound, because it is both compliment and criticism. This was very disturbingly well written. The compliment in that is that when compared to the 5th book, I would have thought that JK wrote this as a possible alternative it was that realistic in comparison. The unfortunate side of that is that book 5, in my opinion, rather sucked. You did make it infinitely better, but unfortunately kept some of the lesser elements of the book. Don't get me wrong, I love this story. I just would have liked the return of his parents to give Harry a bit more backbone as far as Umbrige and the Ministry was concerned. Call her out on the blood quill for example. Get her into trouble with that, reintroduce his parents sooner to get the ministry to change their tune sooner etc. I also would have liked to see James and Lily be a bit more "special" so to speak. They seemed a little TOO much like "normal" parents, perhaps even a bit too reliant on Dumbledore. Think of that line in the prophecy, "Born to those that have thrice defied him..." Not knowing what a blood quill was, agreeing with Dumbledore that Snape should teach Harry Occlumency... I just think they could have been a bit more special, intelligent, independent, or whatever. But those are just some things for my personal tastes. As I said, you made this infinitely better than the real book 5 to the point that I really could see JK having written this. Well done.
animagus-thevampireslayer chapter 43 . 3/14
This was honestly the best 'Lily & James return' story I have read. Simple yet all the characters are well portrayed and the little details that are often ignored are actually addressed!
Leaves me wanting more, wish you'd write a sequel!
OMG. It's really a fantastic fiction. It's really one of the best fan fiction i have read. I really love what u write.
In this world, James and Lily alived. And my favourite man - Sirius looks better and happy. Wow, it's a world i like.
Thank u so much for writing the happy world to us,
Salvasavior chapter 14 . 2/8
Dumbledore is too smart, and realized what the other adults did not that Harry and the others were listening. The meetings are supposed to be for adults, but Harry and his friends have already faced up against big threats.
SunnyTsin205 chapter 22 . 2/6
Stupid Umbridge! Hate to see her here.
SunnyTsin205 chapter 21 . 2/6
I was thinking that the story goes kinda too slow...It's not that I hate the story, just thinking it could go faster. ps, aren't James and Lily fitting in so quick? I thought there might be more things that do not exist 15 years ago.
teedub chapter 4 . 2/5
I really like the idea of this story. Very creative!

Though I am a bit surprised that Lily and James aren't more insistent in seeing Harry immediately nor any sort of anger towards DD's neglect of his responsibilities towards Harry. My first thought when reading DD's excuses about harry's abuse was "not good enough". It's really hard to believe that he only just found out about Harry's treatment. But if it's true, that means he never checked on Harry and that right there is unforgivable. He's either incompetent or uncaring. Either way, changes need to be made and his control of Harry's living situation is at an end.

IDK...I don't have kids myself but I did help raise my niece and nephew and I can say, in James and Lily's position, my reaction would be quite different. I wouldn't be sitting around a table not asking questions nor demanding answers, just waiting until some fool allowed me to see my son.

Whew! Great writing to get such an emotional response out of me!
ALPS88 chapter 35 . 2/5
I wanna punch Snape so fucking hard on the face.

I'm not hating on your story at all! I understand that you intended to go along with the plot of OOTP but omg, Snape can't be the only one who knows Occlumency?! Why can't they get anyone else? I suppose yes, Snape's the only one in the Order who's the -most- knowledgeable and they can only get people they "trust" BUT STILL UGH. It just really rubs me the wrong way. While, we, the readers know where Snape's loyalty really lies, I still HATE him, even more in this fic (not insulting your fic and your writing omg) ffs. James is alive, hate on James all he wants, but Harry?! Who's clearly suffering? Accusing Harry of throwing temper tantrums like a child? If I were Lily, past friendship be damned, I'll hex his ass for being a dipshit towards my son. At this point I can't even sympathise with Snape's past anymore. Your difficult past is not an excuse for you to act like an asshole :(

But hey, I mean kudos to you. Good job on writing him that way (lol). He's so abrasive and unnecessarily cruel. You managed to capture that side of his character.
Salvasavior chapter 13 . 2/5
Hermione seemed like the right person to talk to about what he was feeling about his parents returning. He has to be going through a whole myriad of emotions that he is feeling conflicted about right now. Luckily for Harry, he's mostly been oblivious to what the Ministry has been saying about him and Dumbledore.
Salvasavior chapter 12 . 2/5
James and Lily finally got the whole of the information that had been kept from them. None of it was particularly easy to hear for them.
Salvasavior chapter 10 . 2/4
A beautiful scene that absolutely had the right amount of emotion in it. Lily and James have waited for this moment for so long, and Harry has waited all his life to feel a mother's love envelop him. James, too. He was choked, but handled it well.
Salvasavior chapter 7 . 2/4
James and Lily seem to have adjusted to the Order quite well, and have already heard some of the more outlandish stories from their friends. Imagine being a parent and not knowing if your child was safe or not. At least their fears were put to rest for now. Now Harry has to face this truth...
1,033 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »