Reviews for Blood Binding
NewLife2014 chapter 43 . 19h
For 99.9% of this, I thought I was reading something by J.K. Rowling. You made them soooo in-character, it's amazing. And I never review anything..but this was just so good. I know this is from a few years ago, but I just wanted to let you know that it's wonderful :)
annabell14 chapter 3 . 8/24
Great chapter glad they are finally going to get Harry.
annabell14 chapter 2 . 8/24
Good chapter. Glad they are finally reunited. Hope Harry joins them soon.
annabell14 chapter 1 . 8/24
I am excited for this fic. I know it's already completed but I wanted to review and leave my thoughts. Albus always thinks he knows all is best. I can't wait for Sirius and Remus to meet up with them.
annabethfan15 chapter 43 . 8/19
It was just perfect! The best fanfiction I ever read about James et Lily back from the dead. I hope you will write a sequel because you really make an incredible job!
PS: Sorry for the mistakes, I'm French and I don't speak English very well...
Lexi chapter 1 . 7/20
This is the most amazing story I have ever read! PLEAS EPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Write a sequel! You are a great writer and I loved every second of it.
Hermione chapter 43 . 7/20
Nice story! A suggestion I have is to change the title to: The Potters Who Lived. I think it would fit more and it's also the last words you used. But it's just a suggestion, so yeah. Please write an epilogue... this story was amazing!
Neville is black haired.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 43 . 7/8
Once again you've substituted Muggle clothes for dress robes in a situation where it would be highly inappropriate.

Overall, you get an Outstanding for spelling and syntax and word usage. You get an Acceptable in plotting and an Acceptable in adherence to canonical details. I would have preferred a more original plot and greater fidelity to canon details. You get an Exceeds Expectation in your portrayal of most characters, the exception being Lily. Lily was not the fiery redheaded mother-who-cares of canon and seemed inexplicably more worried about her estranged sister than her victimized son. I would have preferred a more proactive and less secretive Harry. I thought James and Snape were particularly well-done.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 42 . 7/8
Repeated Vulnera Sanentur worked. Yeah. Not too much surprise there. It would be practically unthinkable for James to die after having been resurrected.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 41 . 7/8
You do know that St Mungos has a Curse Damage Ward with healers that are trained in lots of diagnostic spells and counter-curses, right? You do know that Snape is not a qualified healer, right? Sure, Snape owes James a life debt, but a life debt can't remedy a lack of training.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 40 . 7/8

Lily

Harry. Go after Harry

Sirius, get Harry

Finally!

These are supposedly war-hardened people that don't fall apart in the midst of battle. You couldn't prove it by this chapter.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 39 . 7/8
The proper way to get people from the streets of Hogsmeade to the Ministry Atrium is to Floo from the Three Broomsticks. Most wizards and witches prefer not to Apparate when a Floo connection is available. Apparition is more difficult the longer the distance and the danger of splinching increases. The Floo system doesn't require any magical effort on the part of the wizard or witch since the magic is in the Floo powder and there is no danger of splinching.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 36 . 7/8
Not controversial. Just a rehash of canon that was telegraphed long ago. I explained last chapter why it's so stupid.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 35 . 7/8
Snape is his usual belligerent self. Fortunately, James is able to counter him effectively. I loved the line "Good. I didn't want to have to wipe down the floors after you left."

I just wish they didn't buy into the obvious lie that Snape is the only one who can teach Harry Occlumency. James should know literally dozens of people who know Occlumency even if he doesn't know it himself. Occlumency is such an essential protection that it ought to be a widespread skill in that society. Heirs need to learn it in order to protect the secrets of their Houses. Business owners need it to protect their trade secrets. Lawyers need it to protect the secrets of their clients. Aurors need it to protect DMLE secrets. Unspeakables need it to protect DoM secrets. Political figures need it to protect state secrets and their own personal secrets. Duelers need it to avoid telegraphing their next move to their opponent. Anybody who wants to keep any secrets has to have it. Beyond all that, the meditation and concentration techniques are also important to enhance the ability to study and learn. By rights it should be one of the first skills a wizard or witch learns. Since Hogwarts doesn't normally teach it, we have to assume that it's taught in pureblood homes before the students get to Hogwarts, and the scarcity of teaching materials amounts to yet another plot to disadvantage Muggleborns.