Reviews for Tranquility
AllHailTheGeek chapter 12 . 6/19
Oh my Force...apart from being gloriously written and hilarious in a way only Obi-Wan can be hilarious, the vocabulary is unparalleled in its plenitude! I found...what, nineteen words I had to query for in the dictionary?! And countless more that I'm sure most people my age would be entirely nonplussed by! Keep it up!
reppad98 chapter 12 . 6/16/2014
This was a very cute and highly amusing story. Your writing style is perfect for describing the meditation. At first - and with first I mean when I was reading the first paragraph of the first story - I thought it was a bit too much of the description, but then there was that bit with scratching his knee and I immediately knew I was going to like this story. And I was right XD Like I said, the descriptions are just perfect, the humour too - actually, the whole story was just perfect.
Thank you very much for writing this, I enjoyed it a lot, and keep writing! ! !
Eryndil chapter 12 . 6/10/2014
Rather lovely, actually - especially that last chapter. But then I always find beauty in Obi-Wan 'saber fighting.

I thought you highlighted the differences between Qui and Obi very well here. With all due respect to the Jedi Master, it's quite amusing to imagine him blissfully raking sand while his bored Padawan is fantasising about saber katas! It seems that Qui learnt an important lesson - possibly one he should have learnt before and one that we would all do well to remember. Great work as usual.
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 6/4/2014
I'm afraid I have to disprove your claim to being short enough for even the shortest attention span, as I believe my attention span is currently at such a level I can't hold interest any further, though I wish I could.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
He's determined, alright. Determination to get it right is a good place to start.
Timara chapter 12 . 6/3/2014
Hah! And all this time I was thinking that /Obi-Wan/ would learn something in the end. Well, maybe he did learn something. Maybe he learned that Qui-Gon doesn't have all the answers and that sometimes it's best to just do whatever he feels like doing. Oof, that's a dangerous lesson. XD
time2read chapter 12 . 6/3/2014
Well then this was an interesting fic can't wait for the next one!
time2read chapter 10 . 6/3/2014
Great cH!
sterling5842 chapter 12 . 6/3/2014
Lovely description of Obi-Wan's dance! I loved the hint that devotion to complete what is asked of him takes him far, the Force takes him further, and his own stubbornness ekes out even more effort. But I'm also glad he succeeded even without being able to replicate a master's ability to do 100 repetitions when he's only 13 or so.
***
Wonderful. All that earlier effort did not achieve deep meditation. But devotion to natural calling without expectation of result did? I'll have to muse on it a bit more. I loved Obi-Wan as a lotus flower floating on the pond and the idea of the slow-motion fall of water over a waterfall to describe his entrance into meditation. Lovely!
***
Ah-ha, there's his hiccup upon returning from deep meditation. It's nice to see the first instance. :)
***
Was it long enough-it doesn't matter. This seems a true beginning in wisdom.
***
I loved the pulling of the hood over Obi-Wan's head and Qui-Gon's smugness that he still knows some things about his padawan very well.
***
Lovely story! Congrats on completing it.
sterling5842 chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
Loved your delineation of the priorities for Obi-Wan amongst his varied allegiances and traits. Devotion to saberplay is primary.
***
Oh, oh...I loved the cartwheel into the room and the unnecessary declaration of readiness in case Qui-Gon somehow failed to notice. Perfect! The "friskiness" was fun, and I'm sure Master Dooku remembers Qui-Gon's apprenticeship differently than the master does. ;)
***
Ha! We wouldn't want to disappoint Qui-Gon's saber, hmmm? One hundred times?! Ah, Obi-Wan...may the Force be with you!
sterling5842 chapter 10 . 6/3/2014
I loved Qui-Gon's consummation of the Serenity Garden meditation. Perhaps Obi-Wan and I have much to learn in that respect in the future. ;)
***
Ha! Both achieved intense concentration, but not on the same object. I loved Obi-Wan only managing to drudge up the barest bit of apology. After all, saber training is crucial to a Jedi's life so he probably felt not too guilty in contemplating it. Tsk, tsk. :D
***
I love Qui-Gon's "focus determines reality" approach to his latest "failure." Take the boy to the dojo and perhaps things will change.

Snort! "Yes, Master. We haven't done anything all day." Obi-Wan likes to live dangerously, eh? I sense Qui-Gon intends something slightly different from the mere granting of Obi-Wan's fondest wish.
Geri K chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
The whole exercise was amazing, a learning curve for both Master and Apprentice. 'Try' is not the way, but 'do' will accomplish what has to be done.

I haven't reviewed till now and I apologise; for it is a wonderful story and I read every chapter with interested rapture.
Thanks for keeping Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in our hearts.
Obiwan456 chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
It really doesn't matter...only that Obi-Wan finally did it and both Master and Padawan learned from this.

That was great, seeing Obi-Wan finally achieve what his master had been trying to teach him. Beautifully written and description awesome.

I know there's more, but I loved this. I have a feeling the end it near on this, can't wait to see how it ends.

;)
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
Awwwww... Very cute.

Yes, any teacher knows that some kids just need to work out their energy before concentrating.
pronker chapter 12 . 6/2/2014
The happiness in repletion and completion - congratulations to Qui, Obi, and you!