Reviews for A Study in Magic: The Application
Anita-Eurekamess chapter 18 . 8/28
I must agree, l was singing that song in my head almost the entire chapter.
arcra chapter 25 . 5/31
So.

First thing, I'll only acknowledge the sentence of "...who stood staring down at his enemy's shell" as the end of this fanfiction. After that is just... really disappointing. I'm sorry.

The other comment is right. I've been so invested in this story. Hell, put it in my Top 10 fave HP fanfictions but the ending literally got me... really disappointed. For an epic story (regardless fanfiction) that had poured so much passion into it, then reaching to the 2nd book, I started to see it was an up-and-down rollercoaster ride. Idk why but I felt you might have been struggling with the other chapters and just rolled with it. It's understandable anyway, but dang... the ending just really felt lackluster.I want to say I love you or I hate you if there was an alternate ending but I just felt... I was left hanging.

Anyway, that's my review after reading 'till the end. I love book 1, there's no question to it. Book 2 was just... messy sort-of-way.
What a weird clusterfuck for a finale.

Followed by the rushed wrap up, this is an unsatisfying end to such a gigantic story. It needed more space but I'm assuming you were in a hurry to just get it over with after this many hundreds of thousands of words, author. You came all the way but tripped up right at the finish line. A shame, but the massive effort you spent to get here isn't a waste, you made a thoroughly serviceable crossover fanfiction. Plus the way you did the thing with the thingy was really good, so it's not a disappointing ending.

Overall, ASIM is a really big pile of rough with many a diamond sparkling in it. Your overall story would've been FAR stronger if this "sequel" didn't exist at all (it had a distinctly higher rough to diamond rate before) and finished off Voldy at the end of your previous fanfiction. You wouldn't have commited a terrible sin against mathematics by calling this a sequel to something five times its size too.

6,5/10
It didn't really work out when Rowling took the whimsical children's fairytale world established in the earlier HP books and attempted to make it into some sort of high stakes thriller aimed at adult(ish)s, it doesn't really work out when you do it here. The disjointment is too severe. Sure, Tolkien manages it pretty well from Hobbit to LotR (still couldn't exactly nail it), but not every writer can pull off what old Prof could.

So your big flaw in this fanfiction is to hew too close to the original books, which are flawed themselves. The exact details of plot and characters don't matter that much, it's a matter of tone and vibe.
Aunt Harry stuff was bullshit. Nobody should've been this blase about obliviating her. Accustoming Harry to bombs is nonsense. Harriet not stopping the exercise when inexplicably strange things start happening is silly.

Previous one was the first outright bad chapter you wrote, author. I assumed it might amount to something good this chapter but that didn't happen. It's still bullshit and now you have 1.5 really bad chapters in your record.
This is THE best HP Sherlock Crossover. Ig I've grown attached to these people. Wanted more of Benedict though. Loved how each important facts were brought in, in a different way!
bibliopuff chapter 24 . 4/10
ahh i LOVE this series. after reading asim, i feel like asim: the application is too short for my liking (even if it's not, i know). I'm sad to know their adventure is ending here. i quite attached with Benedict and duo Sherlock-Johnbut i get it, i guess. i think the ending you created for them is perfect. although I'm gonna miss John's rich dictionary of cuss word for sure :D thank you for creating this masterpiece fanfiction! (i reached the reply limit for chapter 25, so I'm gonna put my final review here haha sorry for that!)
bibliopuff chapter 25 . 4/10
oh my god harry is not joking when he said he's gonna asking them out
bibliopuff chapter 25 . 4/10
hoho that was fast
bibliopuff chapter 23 . 4/10
OHH that's reassuring.. i thought the worst in the last chapter
bibliopuff chapter 22 . 4/10
are you kidding me thats out of nowhere I'm sobbing so hard
bibliopuff chapter 21 . 4/10
no, sherlock. you can't be?
Kelkat chapter 25 . 4/5
Great story
i honestly don't understand. Why did Snape have to die? 'course, I don't think it's any big pity or anything, but I'm still confused.
lol Dumbledore and Mr. Shin are just great.