Reviews for Precious Proclivities
public static void chapter 1 . 1/24/2017
I'm shocked at how well you wrote this pairing. It works, especially with the way you start off with an awkward Harry and end up with a seductive Lucius, slowly giving the characters (and the reader) the chance to react to the situation before bringing something more.
Lucius is arrogant and perfect. I loved that he doesn't like Ogden's and thinks of it as a common man's drink. This is one of those little details that can make the difference in a story. His line ["Come see if your precious proclivity is but a fleeting fancy."] is soooo amazing. I loved it.
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
I think you pulled off this pairing wonderfully. It's not one that I go out of my way to read but the way you built up to it happening made a lot of sense. Harry pining over Draco and ending up with Lucius instead is interesting. The beginning was funny and awkward but it was well done because I can picture Harry sitting at a bar and thinking about it.
Harry's awkwardness really makes this I think. I always noticed he had a tendency to only be half-listening which usually got him in trouble. Being drunk on top of that definitely makes for some interesting exchanges.
I do think that there needed to be line breaks or something to define that switch in POVs but other than that this piece read very smoothly. Especially Lucius' dialogue. He's so suave, and I was picturing Jason Isaacs the whole time *swoons*
Overall, nice job!
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
Well this is a pairing I've never considered before, lol. Truth be told, I can't imagine Harry and Lucius ever engaging in civilized conversation, and especially not having fun while doing it. Nonetheless, you took a strange pairing and made it work - and with comedy, too! Comedy is the hardest for me to write, so I always admire an author who can do it well.

I think what made parts of this so funny was Harry being an awkward weirdo. In the books, he usually manages to be suave, collected, and sassy (ahem, "there's no need to call me SIR, professor :p lol), yet here, he's a complete mess and the basically a victim of word vomit. Oh, alcohol... I've never been drunk like this, but have been around people who were, and it's certainly interesting, to say the least.

And Lucius is simply perfect here. The subtle arrogance, the distaste for Odgen's, the aura of superiority... everything about him was fabulous.

There were a handful of minor typos in this, but nothing to distract from the overall story. Excellent work, and thanks for sharing! :)
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 2/14/2015
Well, that's a pairing I would never have thought of or read normally, but you handle it very well. I love Lucius' assurance, ho he's stringing Harry along just enough to keep him interested, and his snobbishness about the brand of firewhisky. Harry's alcohol fuelled confusion and hos awkwardness are very well done too.
I'm not sure I buy the premise of Draco as an Auror, and I can never really believe in Draco as the love of Harry's life, but if I suspend my disbelief there, Harry's feelings about Draco being with someone else are very well handled too. An interesting well written story.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
Harry's awkwardness here is hilarious. Fits pretty well with canon, since he has his awkward moments there, too. I love how he didn't realize he had spoken aloud, and how he accidentally said 'That's nice' to the news that Narcissa was cheating on Lucius; it's amusing how completely out of it he is for part of this story. I also like Harry's 'What the fuck just happened?' moment after Lucius leaves, because I can absolutely imagine him thinking something like that after this situation.

The way you characterized Lucius was excellent, as well. His contempt for something so 'common' as Ogden's really brings to mind how he acts in canon, and I really like the way you've shown him to be pretty damn seductive; I've always pictured he definitely can be if he wants to, and it really comes through very clearly here.

I love Lucius's eloquent note, as well - 'Come see if your precious proclivity is but a fleeting fancy'. It just totally sounds like something he would say.

I don't ship these two at all, but I really like the way you wrote it here, and I enjoyed the fic nonetheless. SPaG was great, also, and I didn't really notice any errors in that respect. Nice job.
Nightmare Prince chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
Hey

Woah . . . That is a pairing I have never read before but I must admit that you wrote it quite well. The story was well told and quite interesting, especially the setting because I've always been curious about wizarding bars. The way Lucius expresses contempt over Odgens is quite a nice reminder of his character.

The way in which you introduced the other pairings is quite good and its one that I quite enjoyed reading. Kingsley/Narcissa and Draco/Charlie are two that I haven't considered and now you have me wondering who it was that Narcissa loved . . . something tells me its either Snape or Sirius. Probably Snape.

Overall, I liked this story even though it isn't my kettle of fish. It was well written and had quite an interesting premise.
-Ciao Mate
wujy chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
So, this is weird for me, but not because it isn't well-written. I'm not big into slash anyway, and this pairing is... unsettling. But the thing is that you evoked an emotion here, which is tough to do when a person isn't inclined to be invested in the story you're telling. You illustrate hopelessness and regret, and the stupid things we do when we feel those things. I got that.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
Hehe, Lu(s)ci(o)us is just the right amount of sassy and sexy and seductive that I always imagine him to be (blame Jacob, I suppose) and Harry's just so awkward.
The bit about Kingsley doing Narcissa who in fact only ever loved Severus who loved her back but pretended to be in love with Lily... that was a bit too much for me. It felt like a "Dean was told by Parvati..." kind of thing, and I think it would have worked better had it just been Kingsley and Narcissa, and Lucius being fine with that as long as he got his own little pleasures out of life. ;-)
I think you wrote in the UST between Harry and Lucius really well and it's quite interesting that Harry settles for the 'next best thing' when he can't have Draco. Loved the reference to 'whisky, wine and men getting better when aged'. All in all, a wonderful portrayal (of a couple I don't even ship but really enjoyed here!).
butterflygirly99 chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
This was so great! I usually am not a Lucius/Harry fan, but I found myself rather enjoying this. I loved how you brought Draco/Harry relationship into the story s well.

"My heart belongs to a dead man."

That was such a beautiful line as well. The complexity of this fic really got to me. Just all the layers and relationships really got to me. Fantastic job!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
I've never been drunkenly hit on, but I did find this amusing. You definitely had something interesting here. Because I do find it hard to imagine a scenario where Lucius and Harry would be together. (But I have to say, I really loved the background Draco/Charlie).

I found it amusing that Harry was saying things out loud without realizing it. I have been drunk enough to do that before, so I find that to be very real. I laughed when Lucius gave Harry a business card. That seems like a very Lucius thing to do.

[After all, the apple didn't fall too far from the tree]. This sentence just gets me because Harry's apparently in love with Draco, but Draco looks so much like Lucius. Does that really happen in real life? Because I find it a bit strange.

Otherwise, this was interesting.
nagandsev chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Oh, this is a gem! Love the pairing! Really love Lucius' preferences being similar to Draco's :-) and his handy business cards; Harry, some wizards have all the luck! And I think Harry is definitely going to be satisfied with Malfoy senior! Love all of the glimpses of backstory brought in-Narcissa, kingsley, Snape, Weasley- and the affect it has had on Lucius as well as Harry's reactions-lovely, teasing banter and *hot*-perhaps a sequel? ;-)
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
I loves it, I loves it, I loves it. You should write more stories under the influence if this is what happens :P you wrote Lucius perfectly, all smooth and sexy, and I absolutely adore the business card message.

SPAG was wonderful, as always, and just... Gah. I loves it.

Sequel?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
It's a little fast in the romance for me !

The Crimson Mage.