Reviews for When The Clock Strikes Midnight
Adorable!
Raven J. Haile chapter 37 . 3/12/2015
This was a beautiful story. I am so happy for them. :3
Estoma chapter 18 . 10/27/2014
*sips tea* Mmm, tea and a good story, just lovely.

So, I do want to point out...Annie doesn't seem to have much of a character. We know she loves Finnick, but all the good character development after the first few chapters seems to have dried up. Not sure what's going on there.

But, I won't argue with a bit of cute smut. It's nice to see Annie being a bit forward.

Estoma chapter 17 . 10/26/2014
Oh dear, every time I think Enobaria might just be a victim in this situation, she goes and does something unsavoury. I do not think this plan will come off for her, but I will have to read on and see.

Uh oh! What is Snow's plan here, I wonder? He seems wonderfully cold and cruel. Well done.

Estoma chapter 16 . 10/26/2014
Whoa! Katniss and Johanna moved from drinking buddies to lovers very quickly. You'd have benefitted from a bit more explanation/lead-up there.

I reiterate, these chapters are too short, especially when you're trying to build tension, like with the dragon. We just get into it and then you are finished! Take it as a compliment that I want longer chapters :)

Estoma chapter 15 . 10/26/2014
Ah, nice bit of history there; it makes sense that Mags would be given the head sorceress position for a feat like subduing a dragon!

Well, can't wait to see what you do with 'Trogdor'!

I am nearly half way through this story. I am going to get through your works, eventually ;)

Estoma chapter 14 . 10/25/2014
Oh goodness, a dragon, hey? Nice touch, very fantasy. Good job building the sense of anticipation as Katniss noticed something was wrong, and then was running. I certainly felt it, and I had to read on faster. However, I think you could have done more with the dragon at the end there. I know it's meant to be a cliffhanger, but it's a bloody dragon, so make us see and feel it.

I liked the inclusion of Brutus and Lyme, too. I had been hoping to see them.

goffikgirlsrok chapter 37 . 10/25/2014
Prepily ever after is more like it! OMS so preppy!
Estoma chapter 13 . 10/24/2014
Oh goodness, I love the thought of Finnick not knowing how to run himself a bath. That is rather cute.

And I was right! Johanna and Katniss, oh my, that's very sweet. I'm looking forward to what happens there. Though, you need to touch on the role of women in war.

Estoma chapter 12 . 10/24/2014
So, Johanna's going to war, hmmm? I think that needed a bit more explanation. I suppose it has happened, but it has not been a common trend through history that women ride to war with their men. Is she going to dress up, or ride openly? I'm curious.

Am I sensing a bit of Johanna/Katniss at the end, hmmm? Or maybe I'm just trying to see that.

Well, either way, you've still got my interest and I'm going to read on.

Estoma chapter 11 . 10/24/2014
Well, well, that's a bit of excitement.

I know you're finished this story already, so I'll just throw this out as a general comment...things move very quickly, and I really think you could go more in depth in the reasonings and such. Things come out of nowhere.

Definitely liked the inclusion of Alma Coin in there. I am wondering who else will crop up. Hmmm, Brutus and Lyme, to go with Enobaria maybe?

Estoma chapter 10 . 10/24/2014
You know, I can see how your writing, particularly your smut writing, has improved. I found this to be a tad rushed, and using phrases like, 'Annie came first...' doesn't help the gentle, loving atmosphere I think you were going for.

Oh, well, they are just a pair of cuties. Love the significance of the bench, though I think you moved into the proposal way too fast. Let us enjoy them first.

Going to have to keep reading to see how this is going to work out. You've got me interested.

Estoma chapter 9 . 10/22/2014
Oh, developments indeed! Very exciting. I love the way you are weaving familiar characters into the story in new ways. I am definitely going to have to keep reading on.

It's interesting to see Enobaria like this. I don't think I've ever read much that uses her as anything more than a very minor character.

Estoma chapter 8 . 10/22/2014
I'm not really a fan of the shifting perspectives in the one chapter (though I know I have been guilty of it before). Maybe just something to consider, to keep each chapter from the one point of view, especially as they are so short, and when the perspectives are unrelated, eg, Johanna and then Finnick and the king.

Sorry, I'll stop making suggestions on a story that is finished already :)

Definitely interesting with Enobaria. We are seeing her as a villain and a victim at once. I'll have to keep on reading to see which she turns out to be.

Estoma chapter 7 . 10/22/2014
You know, I'm a bit confused about Enobaria. She seems like a malicious gold digger, so it seems odd that she's apparently happy for her stepson to take the throne after her husband. Seems a bit at odds. Perhaps you're going to explain/expand that?

Oh, Snow, you evil thing. I'll be looking forward to seeing what he gets up to. I take it he might the evil sorcerer?